JVC new top tier Wooden IEM : JVC HA FX 1100
Jan 2, 2015 at 9:42 AM Post #16 of 663
I'm in tokyo at the moment and got to try these .. and 'WOW' these are the most amazing iems I have ever tried and I'm coming from a 846. The soundstage is amazing and sound like big headphones to me. It's extremely impactful in all aspects from the 1/2 hour I tried it. I love them so much ... I will be getting a pair these few days. Bass is huge and impactful, vocals are perfect, smooth and in front. Just perfect for what I want for an iem. I just love how they sound. 10mins before I stubbled upon these I bought a sony Z5 .. they're pretty good but they were more expensive than the 1100 here. Wish I could've exchanged it. damn too late.

Did you also get to try these with the JVC SU-AX7 Amp?

Jan 2, 2015 at 10:01 AM Post #17 of 663
I saw the amp next to them for trying out but didn't try it. I will try it tomorrow. It's just so good I want to listen to it again after a few hours with the Z5 tonight.

Jan 2, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #18 of 663
pretty excited! You should definitely give them a try, cause that's how they're advertised by JVC. It would be good to know how well those 'phones handle hi-red music.

Jan 2, 2015 at 7:48 PM Post #21 of 663
Even if you were a Jupiter guy taxes are the same. Unless lower value is magically declared...

LOL, no magic value

In Brazil import taxes are ridiculous high. Ive googled and it will cost me about $20 in US.
Just ordered mine 
bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 3, 2015 at 6:46 AM Post #25 of 663
I took my new z5 and 846 into try out the fx1100 again today with 4 of my ref songs on my iphone6. I was planning to buy it but after listening to it more and a-b-ing them, I felt the z5 was much much cleaner. The fx1100 has a really nice texture and warmness to it and very full sounding but I preferred the clean clear sound of the z5 and 846 better so decided save my money.

Jan 3, 2015 at 10:21 AM Post #26 of 663
I took my new z5 and 846 into try out the fx1100 again today with 4 of my ref songs on my iphone6. I was planning to buy it but after listening to it more and a-b-ing them, I felt the z5 was much much cleaner. The fx1100 has a really nice texture and warmness to it and very full sounding but I preferred the clean clear sound of the z5 and 846 better so decided save my money.

I listened to my old FX-700 and I got the same feeling. It sounds congested when compared to armature/hybrid ones (not a fair test against SE846 and K3003).
Do you think the FX-1100 suffers from the same problem?

Jan 3, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #27 of 663
  I listened to my old FX-700 and I got the same feeling. It sounds congested when compared to armature/hybrid ones (not a fair test against SE846 and K3003).
Do you think the FX-1100 suffers from the same problem?

All of the wooden JVC IEMs have way too much bass and sound congested in the low range when compared to better balanced phones. However, if you compare treble, you'll see that detail resolution in the highs is very competitive. That means the JVC drivers aren't inferior per se, but the tuning makes them sound inferior.

I've posted instructions in the FX850 threads on how these (and the FX1100) can be modified to drastically improve their tuning. To my ears, the modified FX850 and FX1100 sound easily as good as my K3003, if not better.

Jan 3, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #29 of 663

All of the wooden JVC IEMs have way too much bass and sound congested in the low range when compared to better balanced phones. However, if you compare treble, you'll see that detail resolution in the highs is very competitive. That means the JVC drivers aren't inferior per se, but the tuning makes them sound inferior.

Agreed!

Jan 3, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #30 of 663

I've posted instructions in the FX850 threads on how these (and the FX1100) can be modified to drastically improve their tuning. To my ears, the modified FX850 and FX1100 sound easily as good as my K3003, if not better.

Thanks!
Gonna check =D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back