JVC new top tier Wooden IEM : JVC HA FX 1100
Mar 30, 2015 at 7:07 PM Post #62 of 663
Hi everyone! I just purchased this last week and will be shipping next month! Wow! That's a long wait. Well any how I have this new CEntrance mini-m8 that sounds great with my EL-8 headphone but I heard that it has a hiss problem with some IEMs/CIEMs. Does anyone had a chance to try this FX1100 with the Mini-m8?

Apr 5, 2015 at 9:08 AM Post #63 of 663
I've got a pair of FX850s, so I'm guessing these might be worth checking out soon.

Quote:

There's this by Trance.

Hi Blink, never knew you were an audiophile - interesting to see you here - this is Serenity from Narutoforums (not really active there anymore after the series ended and OP went downhill).

Apr 12, 2015 at 3:51 AM Post #69 of 663
I have these and i actually like these a lot. Technically jhaudio layla are better however i like these also because these makes listening fun. With linum balanced cables, they sound just right for me. Bass and soundstage are awesome. Mids and highs are ok. Not sibilant highs.

I use these for listening to rock, folk rock etc. with the ak240, crystal cable and intruder, everything's good. Lately I haven't had enough time with these as i'm still in the honeymoon stage with my layla's.

Apr 12, 2015 at 7:33 PM Post #71 of 663
When you say the bass has improved did it get tighter more impactful like to try the same thing myself

Yes.. The bass definitely got tighter more controlled so to speak. That's the ALO compact SXC 22 silver cable. I was surprised that just swapping a silver from copper would make a difference. I actually tried it again just to confirm. The copper's bass sounds boomy and a little murky but the silver sounded more firm and tight. The details to me has also improved a bit. It might just be me so you have to try it yourself if you have extra dollars to purchase both silver and copper from ALO. Would want to try the reference ones because it has both copper and silver but a bit pricier. I'd rather go to plusSound cables

Apr 12, 2015 at 8:17 PM Post #73 of 663
Wow that good ,to be even in the same conversation with the Layla is a feat upon itself

Oh don't get me wrong, but my comparison is based on actually hearing (or what i own) and the sound signature that i like. I happen to like the sound sig of both (+1964ears v8 and senn ie800). Each has their strengths, and depending on the mood, i grab one. I prefer dynamic driver iem's, hence the ie800 and fx1200. The way i hear them both seems more natural (the timbre, decay) though of course both may be found lacking a bit on micro details compared to the balanced armatures and each have strengths and weaknesses across the spectrum.

I would suggest a demo bec that helps. I demoed the layla and fx1200 in jaben hk when i went there this past feb and i found that there's no perfect iem. My preference signature was with the jvc but it's hard to discount the technical prowess of the layla's. (Shures, fitear, etc just weren't my thing but i did understand why others would like them though I don't remember the reasons, it was more pass or fail if i liked them or not) I bought the jvc's bec i liked the sound, but after 2 mos i got the layla's. Different tools for different genre's and mood.

Lastly i'm no reviewer, i think comparisons are more my thing and it helps me to reference sound, what's important is what i like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back