JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite!
Feb 4, 2011 at 12:31 PM Post #1,891 of 3,142

Quote:
how do these two compare? Which one has the better earpads?

IMO the DX1000 has a more warm and organic sound with a bigger soundstage. The stock ear pads of the DX1000 a thicker then the stock D7000 but the JMoney pads are a great improvement in confort and sound for them.
The DX1000 cups are very deep compared to the D7000. You really look funny when using them
gs1000.gif

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Feb 5, 2011 at 11:14 PM Post #1,894 of 3,142

Quote:
Me too - the DX1000 is on my "never, ever sell" list
biggrin.gif

A collector is not likely to sell this oddball. I'm definitely not a collector. The midrange can melt your heart. After listening to the DX1000, my other phones sound flat. I have to literally wait for the next day to refresh my taste buds, so that my other phones sound enjoyable again. it is also about personal taste, I like female vocal to be thick and creamy.

Selling the DX1000, and many others, I'm currently trimming down to RS-1 and HD650. I should be stable with these for a long long time to come.

Feb 6, 2011 at 5:56 PM Post #1,895 of 3,142
tonight DX-1000.
probably the headphone is not ideal for a typical audiophile listener but is pure emotion.
the jvc will overwhelm
aldo

Feb 19, 2011 at 10:48 AM Post #1,898 of 3,142
I dusted off my DX 1000. Having had it half heartedly on sale it doesn´t help if you listen to it during the meantime.

Started to listen to classical and find myself stuck with it for the last two weeks. Did some comparisons to the AD700, ED 8, LCD-2 as well. All quite competent for classical but for some reason they don´t manage to hold my interest. The AD 700 has a good soundstage and lively treble but I quickly forget what I just listened to. Tchaicovsky, bach, handl, pucchini, mozart, beethoven in rotation. ED 8 and LCD-2 do a bit better job but again after an hour or so I start feeling like I am wasting my life. DX 1000 I can go on for hour upon hour and it feels like I experienced something special when I leave. It does remind the the most of my old days playing trumpet, baritone, tuba. 

DX 1000 is surely the definition of a "fun" headphone for classical for me. If you force yourself to listen analytically it´s clearly not as good with piano or brass like the LCD-2 for example. However something with the wood resonances that adds something and it just so warm and lush. A bit much on my tube amp. DX 1000 has always been what I imagined a tube amp would be and if my Head One is a true tube amp I was  right. DX 1000 plus my tube is a bit cake on a cake. Perhaps Skylab can confirm if this is the case if you got yours going?

Ànyway classical really shows a weak spot on the LCD-2 with it´s poor soundstaging which is just too 2D. It sounds so good and real otherwise so I did experiment with some classical presets on my Yamaha receiver. Hall of Munich or hall of Vienna presets was surprisingly successful creating a more homogen soundstage with better center fill. LCD-2 is perhaps to neutral and honest. However I did loose some "force" in the bass in the process and I lost a bit of touch with the music like the AD 700. I appear to be a real bass head for classical maybe to all my time sitting in the brass section of orchestras in my youth. I have very little experience actually passively listening to classical. M50 I tried briefly as well. Pleasing signature but the bass is not quite under control. A bit like my 10" sub which is to big for my small room  at times.

Also again compared the GHP to the Head One. GHP is my pick for the DX 1000 just like for the LCD-2. More detail, more transparent and neutral with a bit better control of the bass which is important for both these headphones I feel. My ears got clearly more busy with the GHP. The Head One can throw a massively deep soundstage and there is never anything sharp in it. It´s pretty much always pleasant with all my headphones and clearly the amp to go for my ED 8. However it´s a bit more "wet" as well and the DX 1000 can become a bit muddy on it. Nice oomph for sure though if you are not looking for bass detail. Midrange and treble nothing to complain about. It´s good at shaving off what you are not supposed to hear as well. A bit apples vs oranges comparison surely. For piss recordings I always go for my tube but for higher quality recordings the GHP have a higher roof for these headphones I feel. It also add a tad brightness which LCD-2 and DX 1000 do good with more often then not. 

Disclaimer: Dx 1000 has always impressed me like nuts on first listen as a headphone to just enjoy the music. Apart from the LCD-2 I have never listened to a headphone that manages to "impress" so much. However I have burn out in it a couple of times as well. I think as someone mentioned probably best to have on the side rather then a one and only. But currently I only have ears for this gem :) 

Feb 19, 2011 at 11:05 AM Post #1,899 of 3,142
I love my DX1000s with my Woo2. Not too tubey for me and very robust.

Feb 19, 2011 at 12:06 PM Post #1,900 of 3,142
I actually go back and forth between my Zana Deux and the v200.  The v200 drives it better at it's 50 ohms but the Zana Deux has that silent background and immense soundstage.  The v200 is warmer, fuller and more robust but more closed in.

Feb 20, 2011 at 9:05 AM Post #1,901 of 3,142
the dx-1000 with my beta-22 is very incredible.
i have some headphones and the jvc is always in my head
aldo

Feb 21, 2011 at 11:43 AM Post #1,904 of 3,142

Users who are viewing this thread

Back