JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite!
Oct 10, 2007 at 10:23 PM Post #136 of 3,142
I agree the DX1000 is the best in production dynamic headphone. Though there seem to be a number of competitors entering the scene here all at once all of a sudden.

Oct 11, 2007 at 2:38 PM Post #137 of 3,142
Quote:

Originally Posted by markl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

....The serial number on my pair is only in the 500s, so it's not like they're moving massive amounts of units of these....

Mine is in the mid 650s, although I believe JVC is currently not making these or has stopped some time ago. I think we are just ordering shelf stock, once that shelf is dry, alas no more. Hint to prospective buyers, buy now or miss out like many did with the R10s!!!

Oct 11, 2007 at 3:36 PM Post #138 of 3,142
Wow, is that really true? That would be a huge bummer. The DX1000 is a great can!

Oct 11, 2007 at 3:56 PM Post #139 of 3,142
Quote:

Originally Posted by markl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't believe this headphone is still somewhat of an underground phenomenon here at Head-Fi. I think it's chiefly because JVC isn't exactly known for their headphones and have never attempted anything on this scale before. It's not like there was some pent up anticipation, of "ooooh, I wonder what JVC will release next!"
eek.gif
You know, the kind of speculation and rumor mill that's been building for months and months over what Senn's next flagship will be. I mean JVC just doesn't have a pedigree in the headphone geek world. These cans really seem to have come out of left field.

And for all those reasons, I basically ignored them until I recently had a chance to get a review sample. My mistake.

I've never understood the point of having more than one headphone before, especially since I first got my hands on a Sony R10 years ago. I've heard all the other other flagships since then, and was never moved enough to buy any of them. I just purchased my review sample of the JVC.

The serial number on my pair is only in the 500s, so it's not like they're moving massive amounts of units of these. Not many Head-Fiers have gotten to hear them yet, but I'm confident when they do, they'll be quite impressed. I certainly am.
orphsmile.gif

I've got so many reviews to write, but hopefully within a few weeks I'll have time to put together my JVC DX1000 review for PF. I can't wait to write this review, I haven't been this excited about a headphone since I first heard the R10, and that's no lie. Will post links once it's up.

Rock on DX1000 underground!

wow a glowing endorsement for the DX1000!

Better than the ED9 you're also testing at the moment?
wink.gif

Oct 11, 2007 at 4:52 PM Post #140 of 3,142
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cecala /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine is in the mid 650s, although I believe JVC is currently not making these or has stopped some time ago. I think we are just ordering shelf stock, once that shelf is dry, alas no more. Hint to prospective buyers, buy now or miss out like many did with the R10s!!!

My pair was in the mid-500's when I bought it five months ago, and back then I already suspected these phones would soon become headphone history. Shocking if true!

Oct 11, 2007 at 6:04 PM Post #141 of 3,142
There's a small handful of cans I'd like to hear and this is one of them. Anyone in the Phoenix area that has a set? Or anyone feeling generous enough to lend them out?
basshead.gif

Oct 15, 2007 at 4:27 AM Post #143 of 3,142
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikolaus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This all sounds very promising. I'm eagerly anticipating my pair.

Can anyone comment on how they respond to burn in and how long they need to burn in?

One of their endearing points is how short that Burn-in cycle really is.

Oct 29, 2007 at 7:16 PM Post #144 of 3,142
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. I ordered a pair of DX1000 from audiocubes the 10th and they were shipped on the 27th.

Cecala talked about the possibility of JVC having stopped production of the DX1000, and my recent experience seems to add to that theory. So if anyone is interested in these headphones, this might be your last chance of getting one.

Just thought I'd let people know. Please keep in mind none of this is fact, it's mostly speculation. However a 17 day just for audiocubes to get a pair would certainly indicate that these are not easy to come by, even in japan.

Oct 30, 2007 at 1:31 AM Post #145 of 3,142
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikolaus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. I ordered a pair of DX1000 from audiocubes the 10th and they were shipped on the 27th.

Cecala talked about the possibility of JVC having stopped production of the DX1000, and my recent experience seems to add to that theory. So if anyone is interested in these headphones, this might be your last chance of getting one.

Just thought I'd let people know. Please keep in mind none of this is fact, it's mostly speculation. However a 17 day just for audiocubes to get a pair would certainly indicate that these are not easy to come by, even in japan.

Glad i just orderd mine!

Nov 3, 2007 at 8:38 PM Post #146 of 3,142
Took me 3 days from Audio Cubes to Indiana USA via EMS. These are insane! The fit and finish is outstanding.

Nov 4, 2007 at 10:23 AM Post #147 of 3,142
Quote:

Originally Posted by Noobzor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Took me 3 days from Audio Cubes to Indiana USA via EMS. These are insane! The fit and finish is outstanding.

Please add your impressions.

Nov 4, 2007 at 6:16 PM Post #150 of 3,142
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cecala /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please add your impressions.

These are by far the most comfortable headphone ive ever wore. They don't slide around like my old 701s did, the clamp your head very well, not enough to be irritable but enough to seal in the bass.

As some say, there is a goofy spot around 530-650hz range, i took -2db out of the eq to correct this and it sounds alot better. I do enjoy it with and without the correction.

With rock music these things just jam out, i listened for 4hrs straight yesterday and i never got tired of wearing them. The mid range and bottom end is amazing, the top end is damn good as well.

As far as the looks and construction.

The cord is very nice for a factory peice, its more so a braided cord with the nice plug that gives it a more rounded look.

I didnt think that they were going to be this huge though, they are massive on your ears. My father said i was wearing bowls on my ears lol.

The best part of them is the nice wood finish which looks verry professional, i just wish they had a nice thick poly coating like it was clear coated. The earpads like i said are one of the best ive seen, the mould to your head to lock it in.

I was originally going to buy the w5000s but i "upgraded" to these haha, it was only a little bit more then them, im pretty content with the sound at the moment, i may buy a amp again to power these, but i dont want to get sucked back into going balanced like i did with the sa5000s.

Im thinking like a woo 6 or the similar?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back