JVC HAR-X700 and 900. Two of the best dynamics? Am I nuts?
Nov 11, 2008 at 3:27 AM Post #197 of 1,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by thoughtcriminal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't seen many comments on build quality/durability. If they are pretty rugged, I might get a set of 700s as a knock around headphone

They (the 900s) seem rugged, but the earcup pivot looks like a weak spot, possibly a molded-on pin that would be near impossible to fix. This is speculation as I haven't had them apart.

Nov 11, 2008 at 3:29 AM Post #198 of 1,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazylemon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How hot do these cans get? Like, painfully or pleasantly warm?

I'd say they're a little warmish but not too bad.

Nov 11, 2008 at 6:36 AM Post #199 of 1,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by spacemanspliff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are pretty well made. My only doubt is the cable termination into the headphone. I only say this b/c I can hear it when I jiggle it a bit. I wear the 700s for portable when I go for walks when it is cold. They make good earmuffs lol.

lol i dont think youll want to wear these outside in public. I hope youll be taking walks around the house. random people will beat you up for no reason if you wear this.

Nov 11, 2008 at 6:40 PM Post #201 of 1,224
I received my 900's today. Normally I don't even listen until after 100 hours break in, but since several people said they thought they sounded so bad out of the box they were broken, I thought I would give a quick listen. They sound kinda closed in and muddy, but nothing I would call awful. They sound OK. I am very confident they will break in nicely.

Nov 11, 2008 at 7:41 PM Post #202 of 1,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by legodude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone know where the 700 is in stock around the Buy.com price?

Amazon is where I've been checking. ATM, there's only a low rated reseller that has them for ~$60USD. I'll be waiting for Buy to get them back in stock.

Nov 11, 2008 at 8:44 PM Post #203 of 1,224
I recently asked about a few headphones on this forum but I was always very nervous of spending $200 on a pair of headphones and then not liking them. But, I really wanted to buy a better headphones than the 5.1 headset I had. So just as I was going to forget buying a better pair of headphones Spacemanspliff came out of nowwhere with the JVC's Rx700 and rx900. I started following the thread carefully hoping that these headphones would really be my first dip into the pool of high end headphones (well higher than what I had end LOL)

After a week of reading I bought a pair and they arrived today!! :) I have been listening to them for the last few hours and have been very impressed. They really have opened my eyes, well ears lol, to what is out there. If these get better as time goes on it will be a bonus I am already more than happy with the quality and the improvement they bring to my listening experience over my old headsets.

I just want to comment on the build quality, they really are fantastically well built and they look really good too. My brother wouldnt believe that they were only 70 euro inc. delivery from Japan.

What a find Spacemanspliff. Thank you :)

Nov 11, 2008 at 8:52 PM Post #204 of 1,224
And now my rant, After listening to these headphones all day and then going back to my 5.1 speaker system I realise now that it doesn't actually sound as good as I thought it did. So now I have to buy higher quality speakers. If I don't change them it will drive me crazy anytime I listen to them!! Arggghhh I can see a very vicious upgrade cycle starting!!

Damn you to hell Spacemanspliff! LOL
tongue.gif

Nov 11, 2008 at 9:03 PM Post #205 of 1,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by Moontan13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Amazon is where I've been checking. ATM, there's only a low rated reseller that has them for ~$60USD. I'll be waiting for Buy to get them back in stock.

I placed an order early last week at Buy.com for the $34.99 price, even though they were sold out, it shipped Friday and will be delivered tomorrow! I was kind of shocked.

Nov 11, 2008 at 9:11 PM Post #206 of 1,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by melmac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And now my rant, After listening to these headphones all day and then going back to my 5.1 speaker system I realise now that it doesn't actually sound as good as I thought it did. So now I have to buy higher quality speakers. If I don't change them it will drive me crazy anytime I listen to them!! Arggghhh I can see a very vicious upgrade cycle starting!!

Damn you to hell Spacemanspliff! LOL
tongue.gif

Might as well just stop using speakers altogether, lol.

Nov 12, 2008 at 1:59 AM Post #209 of 1,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by melmac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I recently asked about a few headphones on this forum but I was always very nervous of spending $200 on a pair of headphones and then not liking them. But, I really wanted to buy a better headphones than the 5.1 headset I had. So just as I was going to forget buying a better pair of headphones Spacemanspliff came out of nowwhere with the JVC's Rx700 and rx900. I started following the thread carefully hoping that these headphones would really be my first dip into the pool of high end headphones (well higher than what I had end LOL)

After a week of reading I bought a pair and they arrived today!! :) I have been listening to them for the last few hours and have been very impressed. They really have opened my eyes, well ears lol, to what is out there. If these get better as time goes on it will be a bonus I am already more than happy with the quality and the improvement they bring to my listening experience over my old headsets.

I just want to comment on the build quality, they really are fantastically well built and they look really good too. My brother wouldnt believe that they were only 70 euro inc. delivery from Japan.

What a find Spacemanspliff. Thank you :)

ourfpshero found them not me. I just verified his opinion. they are great budget headphones.

Nov 12, 2008 at 4:00 AM Post #210 of 1,224
Okay, I know I'm going to sound crazy, but I think JVC did something horribly right to my HA-RX700's. Like a reverse lemon or something. After only somewhere between 3 and 5 hours of listening, I can hear the most subtle details, such as the muffled voices of people talking behind the sound-proof window, the subtle reverberation of the bass drum, etc. These little details are quiet and do not distract me from the music at all, but it's so cool that I can hear them on $33 headphones! I've only read of such details being revealed in MUCH more expensive cans. The bass has also tightened up quite a bit, and is now lightning fast an accurate. The quickness and accuracy of the other frequencies has been greatly improved as well. This is getting me really excited. I can't wait until they're completely burned in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back