JVC HAR-X700 and 900. Two of the best dynamics? Am I nuts?
Nov 14, 2008 at 2:51 AM Post #226 of 1,224
Just a little heads up guys about my order with 110220Volts.ca :

I have received my headphones (HA-RX900) yesterday. The customer service was pretty mediocre. I contacted them before ordering to know if the item would be shipped from Canada and they said yes but that was not the case at all. It was shipped from the USA via UPS World Ease. Good news is that I had no extra fees to pay. It took about 9 days of 'processing' before they actually shipped my item. I cannot argue about the price though. It was a good deal at 65$CAD + 18$CAD shipping.

I would still recommend buying from them IF you're not in a hurry.
PS: I might sell my pair in the For Sale / For Trade forum in the upcoming days. I really like them but I'm thinking about moving to IEMs. Don't hesitate to PM me if you have any questions.

Nov 14, 2008 at 5:32 AM Post #228 of 1,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by Reticuli2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had JVC 700 or 800's (one digit away from the ones chu moy or some other dude used to gush about) with the self adjusting headband. That was like nine years ago and had to be ordered direct from JVC. I thought they were too bright and sent them back.

I'm sure these are different.
wink.gif

Nov 14, 2008 at 6:03 AM Post #229 of 1,224
HA-D727 is what I had. At the time, they had an HA-D800 headphone, which had a conventional headband. I think Chu Moy (or whoever wrote that 10 year old round up on headwize) had the HA-D700. I think they said theirs needed a slight boost in some treble band and was otherwise amazingly neutral. I wonder if they brought the 700's design back. I know the JVC service site (where I got the 727) has the HA-S700 right now.

Nov 14, 2008 at 3:07 PM Post #230 of 1,224
Buy.com had the rx900 available yesterday. For all of about 6 hours. Sold out again!

Nov 14, 2008 at 7:05 PM Post #231 of 1,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zathan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just a little heads up guys about my order with 110220Volts.ca :

I have received my headphones (HA-RX900) yesterday. The customer service was pretty mediocre. I contacted them before ordering to know if the item would be shipped from Canada and they said yes but that was not the case at all. It was shipped from the USA via UPS World Ease. Good news is that I had no extra fees to pay. It took about 9 days of 'processing' before they actually shipped my item. I cannot argue about the price though. It was a good deal at 65$CAD + 18$CAD shipping.

I would still recommend buying from them IF you're not in a hurry.
PS: I might sell my pair in the For Sale / For Trade forum in the upcoming days. I really like them but I'm thinking about moving to IEMs. Don't hesitate to PM me if you have any questions.

Tried to order through 1100220Volts.ca, but they cancelled my order because they're out of stock. Has anyone else in Canada purchased these headphones? If so, I'd appreciate any leads.

Nov 14, 2008 at 8:22 PM Post #232 of 1,224
Just got the ha-rx700 headphones from buy.com. Initial impressions: extremely good. The soundstage is what I want (similar to the KSC-35, with great out-of-the-head LR separation), the sound signature is musical, instrument separation is very good, and I love the bass - thick yet detailed. I am listening directly out of my laptop.

edited to add: treble extension isn't that great, though. will see if burn-in changes that a bit.

edit 2: I would recommend these to anyone who isn't a treble-head.

more: from my experience with the K81DJs, I was worried that the sound would be hollow - nope. I don't hear the enclosure.

after a couple of hours: 1. hmm, I can hear some hollowness. 2. extremely recording-dependent. sounds like utter crap with compressed (in terms of dynamics [mastering]) recordings. 3. sound signature is obvious with most recordings; not transparent at all. 4. irritates my scalp. 5. still a good deal for the price.

THIS POST IS CONSTANTLY UPDATED AND THUS USELESS.

Nov 15, 2008 at 11:07 PM Post #235 of 1,224
Interested in buying the 700s due to their low price. I think they will be a step up from the current headset I have by far. Any other thoughts on them?

Edit: I just decided to order them, along with a ZM-MIC1 for games.

Nov 16, 2008 at 6:19 PM Post #236 of 1,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by MusicallySilent /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Interested in buying the 700s due to their low price. I think they will be a step up from the current headset I have by far. Any other thoughts on them?

Edit: I just decided to order them, along with a ZM-MIC1 for games.

Remove the felt and maybe the other mods for a clearer sound signature.

Nov 16, 2008 at 9:16 PM Post #237 of 1,224
I need some headphones for gaming/music. I know both of these are good for music, but how about gaming? My source will be an Audigy 2 ZS with no amp.

If my max budget is $100, would the RX900's fit the bill? I want a full-sized headphone, doesn't matter if it's closed or open. Just want to know where the enemies are in games.

Thanks!

Nov 17, 2008 at 6:50 AM Post #238 of 1,224
Which pair of these would be closer to a circumaural set of cans? I would like something that doesn't leak as much as my SR80s.

Nov 17, 2008 at 1:11 PM Post #239 of 1,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmacfan4321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which pair of these would be closer to a circumaural set of cans? I would like something that doesn't leak as much as my SR80s.

Go with the 700's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back