JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread
Apr 21, 2017 at 1:36 AM Post #4,202 of 4,826
4w, thats insane. OK so the drivers might be taking it right now, and pounding your skull in and all. But I guarantee you, that the drivers won't last long doing that. My suggestion is that nobody put more then 1.5w into your JVC cans. They state their power limits on their site for a reason folks. But, since your shoving 4w into your cans, I'd like you to tell me how long you've owned your JVC cans, how many hours aproximately you have put on them so far? This way when they do eventually die, we can use your example as a comparison. lol

Apr 21, 2017 at 2:05 AM Post #4,203 of 4,826
  4w, thats insane. OK so the drivers might be taking it right now, and pounding your skull in and all. But I guarantee you, that the drivers won't last long doing that. My suggestion is that nobody put more then 1.5w into your JVC cans. They state their power limits on their site for a reason folks. But, since your shoving 4w into your cans, I'd like you to tell me how long you've owned your JVC cans, how many hours aproximately you have put on them so far? This way when they do eventually die, we can use your example as a comparison. lol

Lol. I've had my JVC since July of 2016. I've got hundreds and hundreds of hours on them. I've had the iFI Micro iDSD since around the first week of February. I've had at least 200 hours on the JVC using the iDSD on Turbo mode, I think they'll be just fine. 

Btw StarTreker, I'm pretty sure I read in this thread that HBB uses his iDSD on Turbo mode with his JVC as well, and he's had his set up longer than I have. 

Apr 21, 2017 at 6:59 AM Post #4,204 of 4,826
I bought my JVC's at the pimp dealer. I shoved 4 watt up her and I really popped her. She was looking fine so I kept going, but then she started smoking. Then she caught on fire, couldn't put her out cause she melted the extinguisher. Made in China, should have known, thats were the drugs are grown. :p

Apr 24, 2017 at 1:52 PM Post #4,205 of 4,826
Waiting for my jvc sz2000 from Japan is getting challenging. Just can't wait to get them over my ears!

Apr 24, 2017 at 6:12 PM Post #4,206 of 4,826
Patience Eogo Paitence
cool.gif

Apr 30, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #4,207 of 4,826
Hello, I'm new to all this and I'm really ****ing confused... I've been looking for an amp and I've read that the cayin c5 is really good for these, but the shipping price is kinda expansive because I live in Mexico, and also they're portable. I couldn't care less about portability, and I've read there are "desktop amps", right? Is buying a desktop amp worth it or nah? Finding amps/dacs that ship to Mexico is kinda hard too, so there's that. Also, what kind of cables or stuff like that would I need? Rn I have nothing of that sort, so yeah.
I'm thinking of using them for my desktop, and I'd really appreciate if you guys could name a few, in case some of them don't ship to where I live. Thanks in advance.

May 4, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #4,208 of 4,826
Created an account because I wanted to say that you guys/this thread were crazy helpful in my latest headphone research adventure. I started out with a pair of Beats Studios (because they were supposed to be notoriously bass-heavy), but a) they broke and b) they never had that punch that even my car’s stock subwoofers could deliver.

After hours of researching the best headphones for brain-melting bass, I stumbled onto this thread and was quickly convinced the HA-SZ2000s were my holy grail. The crazy part was, I was already planning to go to Japan this spring, and since these are Japanese imports I figured I could save shipping costs and just pick them up duty-free—you know, while I was in the neighborhood. I ended up going to Yodabashi Camera in Tokyo and listened to the display pair of these in-store. This was my first time hearing them and I knew instantly that they were the ones. But in a cruel twist of fate, the store was sold out. All of the stores in Japan were sold out. So despite traveling across the globe to pick up these headphones, I ended up buying them on Amazon anyway. But at least they’d be waiting for me when I got back.

When I finally tried them at home, I realized you guys were right *yet again*—the stock earpads were useless and I did need an amp to truly unleash that bass. So sucked it up and ordered Brainwavs HM5 pads and a FiiO E12 Mont Blanc amp used off eBay.

And so, after a long, harrowing journey, I have finally achieved bass nirvana. Arigatou gozaimasu.

May 4, 2017 at 5:47 PM Post #4,210 of 4,826
When I finally tried them at home, I realized you guys were right *yet again*—the stock earpads were useless and I did need an amp to truly unleash that bass. So sucked it up and ordered Brainwavs HM5 pads and a FiiO E12 Mont Blanc amp used off eBay.

And so, after a long, harrowing journey, I have finally achieved bass nirvana. Arigatou gozaimasu.

You think you have, but wait till you try a more powerful amplifier with these JVC's. Welcome to the insanity.

May 4, 2017 at 6:54 PM Post #4,212 of 4,826
^^^

If turbo mode 4W could damage the SZ's, mine would be very very broken by now.

I'm turbo-ing my SZ2ks with the bass switch on right now.

Exactly! That is the only way I run the SZ2k's. If for some reason they do blow, I'd order a new pair, and it would have all been worth it, lol.

May 8, 2017 at 5:43 AM Post #4,213 of 4,826
Is it just me or did this website forum get a huge makeover? :ksc75smile:

So I ran across something that I think is best suited for testing out these JVC cans. Do you think you got what it takes for head pounding base? Well, crank up your amp, crank up your volume, strap your seat belt on, and prepare to pop your load with the 50K bass test! :L3000:

May 8, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #4,214 of 4,826
4w, thats insane. I'd like you to tell me how long you've owned your JVC cans, how many hours aproximately you have put on them so far? This way when they do eventually die, we can use your example as a comparison. lol

Had my set since 2014. Same set. Had the iDSD for 2 years and was abusing them with other amps since I had em. Did crazy crazy videos and they .....sound better than ever.

May 8, 2017 at 2:18 PM Post #4,215 of 4,826
Created an account because I wanted to say that you guys/this thread were crazy helpful in my latest headphone research adventure. I started out with a pair of Beats Studios (because they were supposed to be notoriously bass-heavy), but a) they broke and b) they never had that punch that even my car’s stock subwoofers could deliver.

After hours of researching the best headphones for brain-melting bass, I stumbled onto this thread and was quickly convinced the HA-SZ2000s were my holy grail. The crazy part was, I was already planning to go to Japan this spring, and since these are Japanese imports I figured I could save shipping costs and just pick them up duty-free—you know, while I was in the neighborhood. I ended up going to Yodabashi Camera in Tokyo and listened to the display pair of these in-store. This was my first time hearing them and I knew instantly that they were the ones. But in a cruel twist of fate, the store was sold out. All of the stores in Japan were sold out. So despite traveling across the globe to pick up these headphones, I ended up buying them on Amazon anyway. But at least they’d be waiting for me when I got back.

When I finally tried them at home, I realized you guys were right *yet again*—the stock earpads were useless and I did need an amp to truly unleash that bass. So sucked it up and ordered

You are very lucky that you got to go to Japan, its been a dream of mine to go there someday. I am sure the reason the stores were sold out, is cause the Japanese knows whats good, unlike most of Americans who have been fooled by Dr Drey and his pathetic POS BEATS cans. lol. I really loved your story how you popped your cherry with auditorial bass bliss, and your visit to Japan as well. And in response to the last thing you said... Itashimashite :)

(Did the forum software literally edit out a Japanese word for your welcome? Learning how to quote on this thing was hard enough, I don't think I am a fan of this forum makeover)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back