JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread
Feb 28, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #4,021 of 4,826
I'll tell you what though. Sz's have tremendous isolation. For me personally with my head shape the headphones have a perfect amount of pressure all the way around my ears and the right amount of clamping force to perfectly seal out outside noise. I could totally see these being used on a plane though at bass thumping volumes your fellow passengers might be like What? Rollin 55x pads BTW.

Feb 28, 2017 at 10:53 PM Post #4,022 of 4,826
Wow, you guys are still trying to figure out the amp situation? Just get the E12 and be done with it, it has all the power that you need to run either of the SZ cans. Then you secure your EQ, weather software or hardware based, and you set them EQ's for extreme bass, all you need. :wink:

Mar 1, 2017 at 12:29 AM Post #4,023 of 4,826
It's rather difficult to find a reliable EQ for Mac, actually! eqMac tends to only work well with onboard audio--my Bimby isn't detected properly. However, I do have an Audio-GD C-2 to feed these when they get in.

Mar 1, 2017 at 1:19 AM Post #4,024 of 4,826
It's rather difficult to find a reliable EQ for Mac, actually! eqMac tends to only work well with onboard audio--my Bimby isn't detected properly. However, I do have an Audio-GD C-2 to feed these when they get in.

I know exactly what you mean man. I used to run Windows, and I would use equalizer APO, which worked great! But I switched to Linux, and there is really not any good system wide EQ apps out there. Which is why I bought my a hardware EQ box, and since I didn't want to pay over 100 dollars for an EQ box, I searched around Ebay and scored a Realistic brand 12-band equalizer from the 80's in mint condition for only 30 bucks.

Mar 1, 2017 at 1:21 AM Post #4,025 of 4,826

I know exactly what you mean man. I used to run Windows, and I would use equalizer APO, which worked great! But I switched to Linux, and there is really not any good system wide EQ apps out there. Which is why I bought my a hardware EQ box, and since I didn't want to pay over 100 dollars for an EQ box, I searched around Ebay and scored a Realistic brand 12-band equalizer from the 80's in mint condition for only 30 bucks.

ReaEQ works in WINE bro.

Mar 1, 2017 at 7:07 AM Post #4,027 of 4,826
Guys try BOOM 2 on MAC. I used to be a pc user using EqualizerAPO. The only efficient hardware eq i found on MAC is BOOM 2. Just don't use the feature that boost volume. Use only eq, don't forget to lower the master gain of the eq, then here you go. I don't need any bass boost switch or else with it. I can enjoy my SZ2000 with ibasso D14 and have headaches easily by raising the bass

Mar 1, 2017 at 3:14 PM Post #4,028 of 4,826
Look how much bigger the LCD-X is than the SZ2000! That's 106 mm transducers for ya...

a066ead4_lcdxmojo.png

If anyone has song requests for any comparisons I do in the future, I'm all ears.

Mar 1, 2017 at 4:11 PM Post #4,030 of 4,826
  Guys try BOOM 2 on MAC. I used to be a pc user using EqualizerAPO. The only efficient hardware eq i found on MAC is BOOM 2. Just don't use the feature that boost volume. Use only eq, don't forget to lower the master gain of the eq, then here you go. I don't need any bass boost switch or else with it. I can enjoy my SZ2000 with ibasso D14 and have headaches easily by raising the bass

I really don't like Boom 2 on MAC. Have you tried Hear? I think its equalizer is better 
biggrin.gif

Mar 2, 2017 at 6:41 AM Post #4,032 of 4,826
thanks for the tips i ll try it. Are you sure you re using the full advanced eq (more frequencies) and the boom volume is off? Can I have a screenshot of your eq? Maybe I could help you get something better. Which amp are you using?

Actually I've uninstalled boom 2, replacing it with Hear, but when I tested it, I tried with a lot of settings.
My amplifier is an O2.

Mar 2, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #4,035 of 4,826
Was about to try it but saw that in the requirements :

- Hear does not support USB and FireWire audio interfaces ​

So as i'm using usb dac/amp ibasso D14 i'll stay with BOOM 2 (BOOM 2 is very different from BOOM and so much powerful)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back