JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread
Mar 3, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #4,036 of 4,826
  Was about to try it but saw that in the requirements :

- Hear does not support USB and FireWire audio interfaces ​

So as i'm using usb dac/amp ibasso D14 i'll stay with BOOM 2 (BOOM 2 is very different from BOOM and so much powerful)

I just tried with my Xonar U7 and Hear works :)

Mar 3, 2017 at 2:41 PM Post #4,037 of 4,826
Just tried it and regret i paid for it. BOOM 2 is way more accurate and allow to modify frequencies under 32hz which i love
I guess it's just the way you had set it that wasn't good. Trust me

Mar 3, 2017 at 6:02 PM Post #4,038 of 4,826
  Just tried it and regret i paid for it. BOOM 2 is way more accurate and allow to modify frequencies under 32hz which i love
I guess it's just the way you had set it that wasn't good. Trust me

I'm sorry for that, but why you bought it? Can't just test it with its demo?

Anyway I will try again BOOM 2, can you please provide me a screenshot with your configuration?

Mar 4, 2017 at 6:30 AM Post #4,039 of 4,826

This is for my vmoda M100. For the SZ i haven't eq'eq it yet as it's a new computer and i haven't set everything yet but the graph is almost the same except that instead if boosting the 500hz you boost the 2k and 4k. As you can see i lower the main gain to avoid saturation. volume on the mac max 80% then the amp do the rest

Mar 4, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #4,040 of 4,826
  Actually I've uninstalled boom 2, replacing it with Hear, but when I tested it, I tried with a lot of settings.
My amplifier is an O2.

Tried Boom 2 with my O2, it was complete digital distortion. 

Almost dangerous, as using it with an external soundcard, depending on the preference you selected would go from quiet to extremely loud.

There are many very good equalizers. All one needs to do is compensate with their gain. I use the one built-in with Vox Player on Mac and it works well. 

Mar 5, 2017 at 8:40 AM Post #4,041 of 4,826
  Tried Boom 2 with my O2, it was complete digital distortion. 

Almost dangerous, as using it with an external soundcard, depending on the preference you selected would go from quiet to extremely loud.

There are many very good equalizers. All one needs to do is compensate with their gain. I use the one built-in with Vox Player on Mac and it works well. 

I'm searching for a good Mac equalizer that is independent of the application...

Mar 6, 2017 at 9:07 PM Post #4,044 of 4,826
HOLY crap. I just got my SZ2000's in today... I threw on a pair of ZMF Cowhide pads (from a Vibro) and they feel extremely comfortable and keep the bass shaking properly so that it feels like the vibrations go into your head. Highly recommend trying them!

Mar 6, 2017 at 9:40 PM Post #4,045 of 4,826
HOLY crap. I just got my SZ2000's in today... I threw on a pair of ZMF Cowhide pads (from a Vibro) and they feel extremely comfortable and keep the bass shaking properly so that it feels like the vibrations go into your head. Highly recommend trying them!

Welcome to basshead nirvana!

Mar 7, 2017 at 7:16 PM Post #4,046 of 4,826
Alright I'm back, got myself an amp and moderate hearing loss. The ear/face massage does compensate it though.

After these first few weeks I find I can't really use it for gaming, because I'm often on voicecall when I'm playing and it isolates sound so much it gets weird to talk when I have them on my ears (it's like talking with my ears plugged in, I don't like that), so for gaming I usually switch back to my EVOs.

It's fantastic for my electronic music, but it's not cooperating well with my metal too much. It kind of turns most metals I listen to into live performances - you know, when your favourite little metal band can only afford to book gigs in ****ty venues with ****ty sound systems, and so basically all you can hear all night is the drums. That's what it sounds like to me. My favourite metal album sounds like a swamp. If I didn't know what it sounds like, I wouldn't be able to tell what I'm hearing.
I still have to experiment with it though, because I really haven't listened to all that much metal lately. I have to further tweak my EQ settings too.

I'm about to get new earpads on it, because I still haven't got them which is actually a huge pain. Which ones should I go for? The Brainwavz or the 55X or something else?

Mar 7, 2017 at 7:18 PM Post #4,047 of 4,826
  Alright I'm back, got myself an amp and moderate hearing loss. The ear/face massage does compensate it though.

After these first few weeks I find I can't really use it for gaming, because I'm often on voicecall when I'm playing and it isolates sound so much it gets weird to talk when I have them on my ears (it's like talking with my ears plugged in, I don't like that), so for gaming I usually switch back to my EVOs.

It's fantastic for my electronic music, but it's not cooperating well with my metal too much. It kind of turns most metals I listen to into live performances - you know, when your favourite little metal band can only afford to book gigs in ****ty venues with ****ty sound systems, and so basically all you can hear all night is the drums. That's what it sounds like to me. My favourite metal album sounds like a swamp. If I didn't know what it sounds like, I wouldn't be able to tell what I'm hearing.
I still have to experiment with it though, because I really haven't listened to all that much metal lately. I have to further tweak my EQ settings too.

I'm about to get new earpads on it, because I still haven't got them which is actually a huge pain. Which ones should I go for? The Brainwavz or the 55X or something else?

Get some brainwavz and the biggest ones you can.
Putting your ears farther from the drivers will increase detail and reduce impact

Mar 13, 2017 at 8:32 PM Post #4,049 of 4,826
Since today, I'm testing the SZ1K with 55X pads and Magni 2 Uber and with a +20 db on 30 Hz I still can't do paper test as Youtube videos.
I know that paper test is "just for fun", but I would like to understand if I'm wrong with something or if my SZ1K are defective.

Mar 13, 2017 at 9:25 PM Post #4,050 of 4,826
Since today, I'm testing the SZ1K with 55X pads and Magni 2 Uber and with a +20 db on 30 Hz I still can't do paper test as Youtube videos.

I know that paper test is "just for fun", but I would like to understand if I'm wrong with something or if my SZ1K are defective.

I think your amp has enough power to get bassy but not enough to get slammin! Your sz are okay but they want more power!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back