JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread
Sep 16, 2016 at 11:25 PM Post #3,316 of 4,826
Sometimes makes me happy just to look at my headphone rack.

What a nice rack you have, I'm slightly jealous of that SZ2000 next to the SZ1000 lol. The very essence of bass power, how could you not stair at them and pop a nut!
etysmile.gif

Sep 17, 2016 at 9:35 PM Post #3,317 of 4,826
have to say that Hawaiibadboy about 55hz was really a game changer, as it seemed that 63 or around 60 hz, wasn't as smooth with the sz-2000, now its even better

also posted in EXTREME BASS Club, because got a good reply from him there

Sep 17, 2016 at 9:44 PM Post #3,318 of 4,826
  have to say that Hawaiibadboy about 55hz was really a game changer, as it seemed that 63 or around 60 hz, wasn't as smooth with the sz-2000, now its even better

also posted in EXTREME BASS Club, because got a good reply from him there

Ya I thought so, I was like, what, am I in an episode of the Twilight Zone? HAHA, ya, get yourself a good pair of cans from the SZ line, then get yourself an EQ that can go real low, and then get yourself an amp, and you'd be amazed how hard and how low these cans will hit. I honestly think even my SZ1000's is probably too much bass for most people who arn't bassheads. I've literally seen some video's with vintage receivers and bookshelf speakers, they usually have the bass knob turned down bellow 50% and the treble is usually raised to 75%.

I even know somebody in my local life that doesn't care about bass. I gave him a look like, whats wrong with you? But as I started getting older, I learned something I never knew. Different people's ear canals are wired differently even though we are all human. Some people can't really hear bass all that well, so thus they don't care about it. Some people can hear higher frequencies then I do, I pretty much topple out at 16 KZ, and even on some things I don't hear 16KZ, but there are people out there who can hear up to 20Khertz!

So I think what it all boils down to is this. If you can hear that range, you will want to listen to that range. If you can't, then your probably one of those people who have 4" bookshelf speakers hooked up to your reciever, instead of 10" - 15" drivers, or a pair of killer headphones like we have lol.

Sep 18, 2016 at 2:57 AM Post #3,319 of 4,826
Now you know why I consider hardware EQ king. You can only do so much with a software EQ program running on a device with a poor DAC built in. I use Poweramp and I am 50% satisfied with the EQ built into it. Cause of course its a very nice music player software, and the EQ does work, just not as good as a real device. I've been told that Neutron is a good app as well with EQ, but I've never used it before so I can't tell you for sure.

Unless someone discovers something I have not, you can't get an external equalizer for a portable phone on the go. BTW, I didn't know that they had Winamp for the phone, infact, I thought Winamp went gone with the dinosaur, its a 90's piece of software afterall lol. Oh how I remember those days...

WINAMP!!! WINAMP!!! WINAMP!!! It really woops that lama's *** Baahhh HAHA LOL! :D

Haha dude I still use winamp religiously, old school skin and everything. I do have foobar for others to listen or if I'm doing something really particular, but Winamp just is too elegant for me not to use. The functionality is great, it's lightweight, and the interface is just perfect for my listening habits. For any shortcomings it has, I can't find a player worth switching to!

What a nice rack you have, I'm slightly jealous of that SZ2000 next to the SZ1000 lol. The very essence of bass power, how could you not stair at them and pop a nut! :etysmile:

Lol. I need a headphone stands badly. I like my setup but now I have too many headphones to just have them lying everywhere.

Sep 18, 2016 at 3:05 AM Post #3,320 of 4,826

Ya, I know what you mean, for the price I paid for my cans, I rather not have them lying down on the tv tray, but thats all I can for right now. And I too would appreciate a stand for them, however, because I've already spent like over 200 dollars for the entire packaged upgrade deal I did for my listening experience, unless I can find a stand for like a buck or so, I aint spending the money lol. I am glad your enjoying Winamp and that it works for you.

Whats been going on over there B-Dawk? Have you been knocking your skull around with some quality bass
darthsmile.gif

Sep 18, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #3,322 of 4,826
Ya, I know what you mean, for the price I paid for my cans, I rather not have them lying down on the tv tray, but thats all I can for right now. And I too would appreciate a stand for them, however, because I've already spent like over 200 dollars for the entire packaged upgrade deal I did for my listening experience, unless I can find a stand for like a buck or so, I aint spending the money lol. I am glad your enjoying Winamp and that it works for you.

Whats been going on over there B-Dawk? Have you been knocking your skull around with some quality bass :darthsmile:

That's the problem, most stands just cost way too much money. I've been trying to get someone to build me one but no luck.

And I've been chilling, mostly busy. But actually have spent the past few days mostly laying down and listening to the SZ2000s. I honestly am completely satisfied with the sound quality on all genres...considering I don't have my other cans lol. They are tolerable, even for classical. That and they give some not so bassy songs that nice low end boost to get ya head bobbin', body movin' haha. You been good brother?

Sep 18, 2016 at 9:38 AM Post #3,323 of 4,826
That's the problem, most stands just cost way too much money. I've been trying to get someone to build me one but no luck.

And I've been chilling, mostly busy. But actually have spent the past few days mostly laying down and listening to the SZ2000s. I honestly am completely satisfied with the sound quality on all genres...considering I don't have my other cans lol. They are tolerable, even for classical. That and they give some not so bassy songs that nice low end boost to get ya head bobbin', body movin' haha. You been good brother?

Your speaking my language, those bass cannon are meant to be enjoyed, sounds like you are having a lot of fun. Classical music can be heard as close to open back sound stage as you can by raising the high's up by quite a bit. If you raise your 5K through 16 K sliders up by +10DB, and you raise your 2.5K to 3.5K sliders up by +2DB, that will make a considerable difference. Still not as good as open back sound stage, but the closes your going to get. And before you ask, no absolutely do not raise the 1K slider, it will sound crappy weird, and don't raise any mid range from 100 hertz up, cause that sounds equally weird also lol.

Me? I've been chillin with some music such as you. I've also been playing a little Brutal Doom lately, nothing speaks volumes like the sound of a bassy shotgun blasting the head off a mutant in the morning. And, I've been experiencing the downfalls with computers most recently, I hate it when things just go wrong lol. And lastly watching a bunch of youtube video's, keep in mind, that most of this has all been done using my SZ1000 as monitors, so you can imagine the hours I've put on these cans already hehe.

Sep 19, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #3,324 of 4,826
Haha dude I still use winamp religiously, old school skin and everything. I do have foobar for others to listen or if I'm doing something really particular, but Winamp just is too elegant for me not to use. The functionality is great, it's lightweight, and the interface is just perfect for my listening habits. For any shortcomings it has, I can't find a player worth switching to!
Lol. I need a headphone stands badly. I like my setup but now I have too many headphones to just have them lying everywhere.

That looks like the side of a crib that you have all those cans hanging from. You startin someone off early?

Sep 19, 2016 at 11:08 PM Post #3,326 of 4,826
That looks like the side of a crib that you have all those cans hanging from. You startin someone off early?

LOLOLOLOL I can't afford NO kids right now. It is the railing near my room. I will say that I have plans to pass the hobby down when the time comes >_>

Sep 20, 2016 at 6:47 AM Post #3,327 of 4,826

There are 5 year olds who have their own cell phones now, its a different time we live in, so I wouldn't be surprised to see, babies first headphones. Hey, isn't there a video somewhere on youtube where a baby is head banging to some rock music or something? lol

Sep 20, 2016 at 6:48 AM Post #3,328 of 4,826

LOLOLOLOL I can't afford NO kids right now. It is the railing near my room. I will say that I have plans to pass the hobby down when the time comes >_>

Neither do I to be honest lol Truthfully, I don't think I am mentally ready for kids either, much less the financial cost of them.

Sep 20, 2016 at 6:50 AM Post #3,329 of 4,826
I'm coming back around to my sz2000s. Does anyone know if the ath-m50x pads fit the 2000?

DUDE, those cans look huge on your kid man, I think you better start him off with something 5 times smaller, cute though lol

Sep 20, 2016 at 7:16 AM Post #3,330 of 4,826
Neither do I to be honest lol Truthfully, I don't think I am mentally ready for kids either, much less the financial cost of them.

My son started college this year, trust me, no one is ever truly ready for the financial cost of them, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back