JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread
Feb 24, 2015 at 8:42 AM Post #1,891 of 4,826

It's a better amp.
I just read what you quoted and it makes no sense...
frown.gif

Thanks for de-coding that

Haha I assumed you meant wider soundstage?

Feb 24, 2015 at 7:57 PM Post #1,894 of 4,826
Feb 26, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #1,899 of 4,826
I've bought them and the Cayin c5, hope I like them as I just graduated from Uni so I shouldn't really be spending this much lol.

Although I bought these for the bass, hopefully they don't sound too veiled compared to the Sennheiser ie80's I've been using for the past 6 months.

Feb 26, 2015 at 7:10 PM Post #1,900 of 4,826
Hi Preetam, burn in the SZ2000 well and they open up well. They sound dull at first but hit their stride quickly.

I burned in my set for over a 100 hours with bassy tunes and it did clear up. The entire JVC Nanotube family has the same characteristics as I have their entire Nanotube range from the humble FX40 to SZ1000/SZ2000 and they all need burning in.

Feb 26, 2015 at 7:11 PM Post #1,901 of 4,826
In a previous post regarding the Fiio X5, it sounds better because it has more power than the Sony A17 but with an amplifier the Sony is tight up there. The Sony A17 with the Cayin C5 is a formidable combination both on musicality and bass.

Feb 27, 2015 at 4:45 AM Post #1,902 of 4,826
Hi Preetam, burn in the SZ2000 well and they open up well. They sound dull at first but hit their stride quickly.

I burned in my set for over a 100 hours with bassy tunes and it did clear up. The entire JVC Nanotube family has the same characteristics as I have their entire Nanotube range from the humble FX40 to SZ1000/SZ2000 and they all need burning in.

I'll make sure I do that, what % volume should I leave it at when burning in?

Feb 27, 2015 at 5:51 AM Post #1,903 of 4,826
Something really strange happened with my SZ2000's yesterday.
I was listening to them on the train home from work and suddenly, mid song, the music changed.
My first thought that something was broken.
I continued to listen and realised that actually the sound has suddenly become even better, and I was already completely in love with these headphones.
It was as though I had been listening to them, 2 hours a day five days a week for two months, with a loose connection and suddenly everything was connected perfectly.

I have of course considered that I may be completely insane, or maybe I accidently hit the volume without realising, but regardless I now love these more than ever.

Feb 27, 2015 at 5:58 AM Post #1,904 of 4,826
As you can see from my little avatar I have just purchased the Fostex TH900's and the HP-A8 combo for home listening.

I am now in audio heaven. They go so nicely with the SZ2000's.

I use the SZ2000's for portable use.
Mine a really solid, isolate really well with the HM5 thick pads and have very little leakage, and they fold to put in that awful carry bag.
They are so fun to listen to on the train and make all my music really exciting.
My train journeys often go by too quickly for my liking.

Then I return home to the lush embrace of my TH900's.
No way are these for portable use but they are perfect at the end of the day.
The slam and excitement of the SZ2000's is still there but they are so refined and smooth.

Both pairs are so addictive.

There are loads of headphones I would love to try. Top of my list are the Sony MDR-Z7's with kimber cable, LFF's Enigmas, The FAD Pandora Hope VI and the DX1000's but I am loving my current headphones so much they can all wait a while.

Plus my wife will be very mad if I spend any more money on headphones just yet and I really cannot blame her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back