JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread
Feb 28, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #1,911 of 4,826
  Received the C5 today but I can't use it till my USB to micro USB cable comes, what settings do you guys use with it? (Volume/Gain)?

That is some ******** yeah
mad.gif

I was lucky I could use the e12 cable and i was pissed too.

My bass boost is always on and volume to maybe 4-6 on Low Gain and volume almost all the way on low gain. The bass boost and the low high gain switch difference is a lot.

Feb 28, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #1,912 of 4,826

That is some ******** yeah
mad.gif

I was lucky I could use the e12 cable and i was pissed too.

My bass boost is always on and volume to maybe 4-6 on Low Gain and volume almost all the way on low gain. The bass boost and the low high gain switch difference is a lot.

Yeah I hate waiting for ****, it's annoying 'cause I have a few USB to mini USB but no micro's.

You meant 4-6 on high gain right?

Feb 28, 2015 at 8:53 PM Post #1,915 of 4,826

Is it better to use low gain and high volume or high gain and low volume?

Also what volume is it best to keep the source device at?

Sorry for all the questions haha

High gain is balls to the wall power....and may/will/does drain the battery faster.
If you use the Line out if your device has one the amp and volume on the source are disabled to avoid double amping

Mar 2, 2015 at 12:06 PM Post #1,918 of 4,826
Received the USB to micro USB cable today. Haven't got the SZ2000's yet so I tried the C5 with my Sennheiser ie80's and wow, the extra bass is immense!

I can't tell a big difference with the overall sound but the extra bass is definitely noticeable.

It says on the instruction manual of the Cayin C5 "Please turn off the machine when charging", is it best to not use it when charging then?

Mar 2, 2015 at 9:02 PM Post #1,919 of 4,826
  Received the USB to micro USB cable today. Haven't got the SZ2000's yet so I tried the C5 with my Sennheiser ie80's and wow, the extra bass is immense!

I can't tell a big difference with the overall sound but the extra bass is definitely noticeable.

It says on the instruction manual of the Cayin C5 "Please turn off the machine when charging", is it best to not use it when charging then?

I never use amps while charging. No specific reason just a habit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back