JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread
Nov 11, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #1,476 of 4,826

FiiO Mont Blanc E12
beerchug.gif

Nov 12, 2014 at 2:23 AM Post #1,479 of 4,826
  can someone please give me the link to the HM5 thick pads? thanks! :)

http://www.mp4nation.net/brainwavz-hm5-thick-memory-foam-earpad-suitable-for-large-over-the-ear-headphones-1pc

Make sure u put in 2 where it says quantity or else u only gonna receive one ear pad

Well i received my HM5 pads and I still prefer the M100s I find that the SZ2000 sound too veiled for my tastes

when you guys talk about burn in with the SZ2000 what does the burn in actually help with in the sound?

I'm not sure if I should try to burn them in more or sell them. if I do sell them i'm gonna miss the club bass that they provide just wish they weren't as veiled and distant sounding

Nov 12, 2014 at 8:20 AM Post #1,480 of 4,826

I use the Cayin C5 amp and it works really well. The C5 puts out almost the same amount of power as the E12, 800Mw compared to the 850Mw of the E12, but I have read that it has almost know hiss and is more open sounding.

Is anyone on here in the position to A-B the two amps with the SZ series to let me know what I am missing?

Nov 12, 2014 at 9:05 AM Post #1,482 of 4,826

So I is getting the FiiO Mont Blanc E12! how do I use it......sorry for my nubness I came from the JVC S500's and literally have no experience with amps..:/

You plug the player ipod/etc into the amp with a mini plug that comes with the fiio. Mine is silver in the pic  but it comes with one.

Plug the headphones into the amp. Set the volume on player to avg listening lvl and leave it and never touch. The amp gain knob/volume wheel is the new volume control as you have to turn it off by turning it all the way to the left so it becomes your on off switch and volume/gain knob.

easy peazy
wink.gif

Nov 12, 2014 at 9:11 AM Post #1,483 of 4,826

So I is getting the FiiO Mont Blanc E12! how do I use it......sorry for my nubness I came from the JVC S500's and literally have no experience with amps..:/

You plug the player ipod/etc into the amp with a mini plug that comes with the fiio. Mine is silver in the pic  but it comes with one.

Plug the headphones into the amp. Set the volume on player to avg listening lvl and leave it and never touch. The amp gain knob/volume wheel is the new volume control as you have to turn it off by turning it all the way to the left so it becomes your on off switch and volume/gain knob.

easy peazy
wink.gif

Thanks for the quick reply!
I definitely feel the chills coming up my back when I think about how these cans will sound with the FiiOe12. Kinda like Goosebumps but Bassbumps....

Nov 12, 2014 at 9:17 AM Post #1,484 of 4,826
You absolutely must change the pads and if bass impact like in the vids are the goal which it is for some it's the 55x pads all day all the way.
You NEED the amp and you need an eq to raise the sub bass which is the point of these.  The mids and highs tie in at high bass and power. The complexity of dual driver config is only overcome at trying to simulate live club shows which is why this series is called "Live Beat" It is like being in a thumping club but the bass needs a lift and the cans need the e12.

Nov 12, 2014 at 9:21 AM Post #1,485 of 4,826
  You absolutely must change the pads and if bass impact like in the vids are the goal which it is for some it's the 55x pads all day all the way.
You NEED the amp and you need an eq to raise the sub bass which is the point of these.  The mids and highs tie in at high bass and power. The complexity of dual driver config is only overcome at trying to simulate live club shows which is why this series is called "Live Beat" It is like being in a thumping club but the bass needs a lift and the cans need the e12.

EQ as in physical like an amp or virtual like an amp EQ? And HM5 or 55x?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back