JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread
Nov 2, 2014 at 7:21 AM Post #1,441 of 4,826
  The HM5's do not leak at all, it actually really surprised me. Even at full blast, you cannot tell if someone is listening to music from 3 feet away. I generally listen to music while at work so the HM5 pads worked out perfectly. I can listen to whatever I want at whatever volume level and not disturb anyone else. That is, until to take the headphones off while the music is still playing. Then everyone can hear it 
dt880smile.png

They can double as small desktop speakers when off the head.
biggrin.gif

Nov 3, 2014 at 2:48 AM Post #1,442 of 4,826
Hey guys just a question when you guys are talking about the HM5 pads are you talking about the normal ones or the thicker ones? I just got my SZ2000s the other day and I got the HM5 velour pads but found that they killed the bass impact too much so I ordered the HM5 pads now.Does the thickness of the HM5 pads make any sound difference or is it just comfort?

Nov 3, 2014 at 8:16 AM Post #1,443 of 4,826
  Hey guys just a question when you guys are talking about the HM5 pads are you talking about the normal ones or the thicker ones? I just got my SZ2000s the other day and I got the HM5 velour pads but found that they killed the bass impact too much so I ordered the HM5 pads now.Does the thickness of the HM5 pads make any sound difference or is it just comfort?

I believe both get your ear off the cage which is huge itself and the less material the bass has to travel through the better so the normal ones would be better for impact (feeling on your head and face). Maybe somebody else will chime in.

Nov 3, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #1,444 of 4,826

I personally bought the normal HM5 pads as recommended by another user. They are going to reduce the physical vibration felt through the pads themselves because of how soft they are. They will, however, keep the same sound pressure generated by the drivers. If you want the perceived vibration, and who wouldn't, it would be best to get some thick, stiffer pads that still have good sealing ability.

The HM5 pads are great for comfort and medium volume levels, but if you really want to feel all that bass at full volume you will probably want stiff pads like the 55x and HiFiMAN pads. I wish I could recommend more, but that is all I have experience with.

Nov 3, 2014 at 7:25 PM Post #1,445 of 4,826
did u guys just say the opposite of eachother? lol. Hopefully the normal HM5 pads are alright I dont wanna have to order the HM5 thick pads too

another question I have a digizoid fs+ and when listening at high volume levels the sz2000 and m100 start to distort if i get a e12 can i run the digizoid and e12 together so i can get the bass of the digizoid and no distortion with the power of the e12?

Nov 3, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #1,446 of 4,826
  did u guys just say the opposite of eachother? lol. Hopefully the normal HM5 pads are alright I dont wanna have to order the HM5 thick pads too

another question I have a digizoid fs+ and when listening at high volume levels the sz2000 and m100 start to distort if i get a e12 can i run the digizoid and e12 together so i can get the bass of the digizoid and no distortion with the power of the e12?

For all it's reputation i have never seen a digizoid in a paper video. Never. Not by anyone with Q40 all the way up to more expensive D7k. It is called a bass amp by many. I would be in your debt if you could put a vid up using the digizoid. I have heard of distortion with the ZO. What is your source? You have an ipad/iphone by any chance?

I can isolate the distortion to being the ZO or not being the ZO if you have that.

Re:pads

He knows more about the HM5 so go with him but firm is always the best when bass /low freq transfer is the point.

Nov 3, 2014 at 10:13 PM Post #1,447 of 4,826

For all it's reputation i have never seen a digizoid in a paper video. Never. Not by anyone with Q40 all the way up to more expensive D7k. It is called a bass amp by many. I would be in your debt if you could put a vid up using the digizoid. I have heard of distortion with the ZO. What is your source? You have an ipad/iphone by any chance?

I can isolate the distortion to being the ZO or not being the ZO if you have that.

Re:pads

He knows more about the HM5 so go with him but firm is always the best when bass /low freq transfer is the point.

ok your on hbb ill wait until the hm5 pads are here then ill do the vid for you.Talking about debts i reckon jvc owe you some $$$ you have sold more sz2000 then there advertising team i reckon lol.

btw my source is a asus xonar stx & no ipad or iphone for me 

the distortion problem i had is abit better now that i charged the battery on my ZO FS+ & lowered the volume on winamp

just on those songs with heavy bass like ''on my level'' then i have to lower the bass a few levels on the ZO FS+ to avoid distortion 

Nov 3, 2014 at 11:42 PM Post #1,448 of 4,826

ok your on hbb ill wait until the hm5 pads are here then ill do the vid for you.Talking about debts i reckon jvc owe you some $$$ you have sold more sz2000 then there advertising team i reckon lol.

btw my source is a asus xonar stx & no ipad or iphone for me 

the distortion problem i had is abit better now that i charged the battery on my ZO FS+ & lowered the volume on winamp

just on those songs with heavy bass like ''on my level'' then i have to lower the bass a few levels on the ZO FS+ to avoid distortion 

Cool!!!

Whatever the sweet spot is just before distort please let us know as there are many ZO users. It would be good to know

Thanks!!
beerchug.gif

Nov 4, 2014 at 6:35 PM Post #1,449 of 4,826
Is there a decent review about the HA-SZ1000 that you guys can point me into?
Im just about to take plunge with the HA-SZ1000 and only have Digizoid Z02 as my amp. I would like to see a couple of more reviews that are not in chinese or japanese whatever that is that i can understand.

Im also wondering if my Z02 can easily drive the SZ1000... Thanks 

Nov 4, 2014 at 8:09 PM Post #1,450 of 4,826
I take it back I have a digizoid ZS+ and it doesn't match well with the SZ2000 and with the digizoid ZO3.2 it's even worse
  Is there a decent review about the HA-SZ1000 that you guys can point me into?
Im just about to take plunge with the HA-SZ1000 and only have Digizoid Z02 as my amp. I would like to see a couple of more reviews that are not in chinese or japanese whatever that is that i can understand.

Im also wondering if my Z02 can easily drive the SZ1000... Thanks 

I take it back I have a digizoid ZS+ and it doesn't match well with the SZ2000 and with the digizoid ZO3.2 it's even worse

it works good with my M100s but I don't think it has enough power for the SZ2000

I'm still deciding if I should get a E12 and try double amp with the digizoid FS+ because running it out of my asus xonar stx the SZ2000 sound good but when I connect the ZO FS+ to the combo it starts sounding messy

Nov 4, 2014 at 8:25 PM Post #1,451 of 4,826

it works good with my M100s but I don't think it has enough power for the SZ2000

I'm still deciding if I should get a E12 and try double amp with the digizoid FS+ because running it out of my asus xonar stx the SZ2000 sound good but when I connect the ZO FS+ to the combo it starts sounding messy

The e12 is a deceptively powerful little badass with a >880mW @32 ohm

Most issues with the SZ are with a PC/soundcard in the chain and no or a small amp. This is the most consistent issue with these cans (aside from the **** stock pads).

Nov 4, 2014 at 9:10 PM Post #1,452 of 4,826

The e12 is a deceptively powerful little badass with a >880mW @32 ohm

Most issues with the SZ are with a PC/soundcard in the chain and no or a small amp. This is the most consistent issue with these cans (aside from the **** stock pads).

This is the what the digizoid fs+ can put out 550mW @ 8Ω

I am hoping if i get a E12 then i can pair it with the digizoid FS+ and it will be like how you combo your e12 for power and with the bbe settings for bass because when I tried to eq myself it sounds like total crap cause i got no idea what im doing

with the digizoid taking care of the bass the rest of the eq still sounds normal thats how it is with my m100s anyways but with the sz2000 it sounds muddy i think it is not powerful enough or something

Nov 4, 2014 at 9:23 PM Post #1,453 of 4,826

This is the what the digizoid fs+ can put out 550mW @ 8Ω

I am hoping if i get a E12 then i can pair it with the digizoid FS+ and it will be like how you combo your e12 for power and with the bbe settings for bass because when I tried to eq myself it sounds like total crap cause i got no idea what im doing

with the digizoid taking care of the bass the rest of the eq still sounds normal thats how it is with my m100s anyways but with the sz2000 it sounds muddy i think it is not powerful enough or something

That sounds like a good plan. I do not eq anything beyond 100Hz. The cranked up sub bass meets the mids and highs quite nicely at an elevated listening volume. Muddy is an underpower issue.

I gotta remind folks that i live in Japan have access to everything and often before others and am still listening to these and these alone. Issues with mud and veil are on the user. These need power and an eq in the sub bass and of course a pad change.

On the ipad "equalizer" app  I use a
+9.5 dB @ 30 Hz
+7.7 dB @ 50 Hz
+3 .0 dB @ 75 Hz

and that's it..I'm actually peaking at 30Hz. the rest is the sz natural response. The 55mm driver is in a double chamber so it needs help to get up. Any muddy response is that sub-bass not getting up enough.

I would think your plan of using the ZO as a replacement for the jeteffects would work well as the e12 would assure that power was clearly not the issue.

Nov 4, 2014 at 9:47 PM Post #1,454 of 4,826

That sounds like a good plan. I do not eq anything beyond 100Hz. The cranked up sub bass meets the mids and highs quite nicely at an elevated listening volume. Muddy is an underpower issue.

I gotta remind folks that i live in Japan have access to everything and often before others and am still listening to these and these alone. Issues with mud and veil are on the user. These need power and an eq in the sub bass and of course a pad change.

On the ipad "equalizer" app  I use a
+9.5 dB @ 30 Hz
+7.7 dB @ 50 Hz
+3 .0 dB @ 75 Hz

and that's it..I'm actually peaking at 30Hz. the rest is the sz natural response. The 55mm driver is in a double chamber so it needs help to get up. Any muddy response is that sub-bass not getting up enough.

I would think your plan of using the ZO as a replacement for the jeteffects would work well as the e12 would assure that power was clearly not the issue.

I hope my plan works I just put the order in for the E12 hopefully it goes well with the ZO if it does then i'll make that video for u

now I just gotta wait for the E12 and my HM5 pads to get here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back