JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread
Oct 19, 2014 at 3:18 PM Post #1,412 of 4,826

Just played it through audio analyzer and there is a main rapid flutter hit at 50-55 (53Hz) I think that rapid flutter is the thing you are liking and there is a lower 33Hz hit that rolls in too.

Let the sz be non eq and slowly raise those 2 zones along with the gain little by little

little gain

add some dB to those two spots

little more gain

add some more to those spots till you find the sweet spot/ bump/thump/kick in the head

Thanks, HBB! It's an interesting sound. BTW, for Neutron users: the Gain in the Equalizer screen is not the same as Volume, I just realized I can get output from the S5 close to amp by raising Gain to 17 and then Volume to 93.  Now I can listen to Basshead music directly even if I don't have my amp with me (gets bulky to carry around in my pocket at work... and also, the amps I have seem to be quite affected by interference by the cell signal.... usually have to use airplane mode).

In Sz2k news, I am waiting for MR55X pads to arrive to compare massage effect with Alpha pads for myself.... :)

Oct 19, 2014 at 11:24 PM Post #1,413 of 4,826
Cool
Not as comfy or isolating but they should bass your head pretty good
beerchug.gif

Oct 22, 2014 at 2:21 PM Post #1,414 of 4,826
I bought the last SZ2000 on amazon uk yesterday and it has arrived. I shall be posting soon with my thoughts. I have Denon AH-D7100s and Ultrasone Pro 900s and Rza Chambers to use as bass comparisons too. I'll be honest with which one I enjoy the most for my mostly electronica and hiphop spotify list and won't be ashamed to return the headphones should I not think they have great bass with enough detail.

I'll be using the headphone desktop module that comes with the soundblaster ZXR which should have plenty of power considering its price and the EQ will be made quite colored for extra bass.

Oct 22, 2014 at 3:18 PM Post #1,415 of 4,826
Ok so I've played a bit with EQ and power levels. These do have strongest subbass and midbass and pad-wibbling sensations of the lot. I thought the ah-d7100 was really amazing at bass but these are quite simply ridiculous. Without EQ they sound really lifeless but with all the Soundblaster stuff turned on and the amp upto 100%+6db and lows and highs pumped right up these are seriously addictive. I'm not sure if I'm playing them at paper fluttering levels but it's enough for me as my ears are still ringing slightly after 10 minutes with them on! Not sure if it's safe to engage 600ohms mode so will wait for goahead from someone on here before flipping that switch on my soundcard.

haha intro to pet shop boys fluorescent made my jaw drop and my ear drums tickle.

Oct 22, 2014 at 9:50 PM Post #1,417 of 4,826
  Ok so I've played a bit with EQ and power levels. These do have strongest subbass and midbass and pad-wibbling sensations of the lot. I thought the ah-d7100 was really amazing at bass but these are quite simply ridiculous. Without EQ they sound really lifeless but with all the Soundblaster stuff turned on and the amp upto 100%+6db and lows and highs pumped right up these are seriously addictive. I'm not sure if I'm playing them at paper fluttering levels but it's enough for me as my ears are still ringing slightly after 10 minutes with them on! Not sure if it's safe to engage 600ohms mode so will wait for goahead from someone on here before flipping that switch on my soundcard.

haha intro to pet shop boys fluorescent made my jaw drop and my ear drums tickle.

Let your ears be the judge. If your suffering from that zzzzzzzzzzz....nnnnnnnnnn hummmmm  after the cans are off your head for a bit longer than you like you have reached the limit
biggrin.gif

Oct 24, 2014 at 10:29 PM Post #1,421 of 4,826

Ok, got the MR55X pads, and it's confirmed: vs stock, HM5, and Alpha pads, the MR55X pads DO transfer more buzz to the head. (Did this by testing the same section of "On my Level" at the same volume, changing pads).
atsmile.gif

Cool!!

They are not sexy or comfy or isolating but they love to transfer that bass to your head.....PERFECT  to feed that bass addiction!!

Oct 25, 2014 at 8:22 PM Post #1,424 of 4,826
Hawaiibadboy Hawaiibadboy Finally my search has ended. I really appreciate your effort for putting up reviews of best bass heavy headphones. I got my SZ2K's and they literally made me trip. Bass is well defined, textured and heavy. Mids and highs are pretty awesome. Very comfortable headphones though earpads are shallow and needs a replacement.

Now I can listen music how I wanted to..loud clear and with lots of low end.

Will I recommend it to a person who has hearing loss problem like me..definitely yes! :) :D :rolleyes: :wink:

Source: fiio x3 + fiio e12

Oct 25, 2014 at 9:23 PM Post #1,425 of 4,826
@Hawaiibadboy @Hawaiibadboy Finally my search has ended. I really appreciate your effort for putting up reviews of best bass heavy headphones. I got my SZ2K's and they literally made me trip. Bass is well defined, textured and heavy. Mids and highs are pretty awesome. Very comfortable headphones though earpads are shallow and needs a replacement.

Now I can listen music how I wanted to..loud clear and with lots of low end.

Will I recommend it to a person who has hearing loss problem like me..definitely yes!
smily_headphones1.gif
biggrin.gif
rolleyes.gif
wink.gif

Source: fiio x3 + fiio e12

GET the  55x pads now/soon/now for the final step of bassaholicism
biggrin.gif

It will make a good bass set MONSTERS. Most folks on this thread chasing bass saw a clear improvement in the head slam dept with 55x pads deployed.
shallow pads are a poor miss by the JVC but you can find a cheap pair of 55x on ebay and get all the way to happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back