JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread
Oct 26, 2014 at 3:14 AM Post #1,427 of 4,826

Change pads and get that annoying cage off the ears and your bass mission is complete.

Nice to see the X3-e12-SZ combo
Thanks for sharing
beerchug.gif

Oct 26, 2014 at 4:40 AM Post #1,428 of 4,826
I'll probably switch with hm5 earpads coz they look more comfy like denon ah d series. Plenty of bass now and I don't mind sparing some for comfort.

JVC has made quite an effort in build design of sz2k's and still keeping the price low. It has some retro look, metal and plastic finish with a thick cable and gold plated connector which I really like. For $260 it's a steal. Sound which these cans produce is simply amaZingg and incomparable. Peeps who dig bass and cleaner sound should stop wasting $$$ and try these before they are gone.

Dap + amp + ha sz2k = mind blown

Hawaiibadboy will be looking forward to shell out few more $$ when you find a better pair than ha sz2k's. Hunt and addiction never stops. Peace!

Oct 26, 2014 at 5:09 AM Post #1,429 of 4,826
I'll probably switch with hm5 earpads coz they look more comfy like denon ah d series. Plenty of bass now and I don't mind sparing some for comfort.

JVC has made quite an effort in build design of sz2k's and still keeping the price low. It has some retro look, metal and plastic finish with a thick cable and gold plated connector which I really like. For $260 it's a steal. Sound which these cans produce is simply amaZingg and incomparable. Peeps who dig bass and cleaner sound should stop wasting $$$ and try these before they are gone.

Dap + amp + ha sz2k = mind blown

@Hawaiibadboy will be looking forward to shell out few more $$ when you find a better pair than ha sz2k's. Hunt and addiction never stops. Peace!

Enjoy.

Oct 27, 2014 at 6:22 AM Post #1,430 of 4,826
@Masada02

Not sure if you still have these headphones, but how much did you find the HiFiMan pleather pads and the HM5 pads changed the sound from the stock pads?

I purchased the HiFiMan velour pads thinking that I would like the effect velours would have on the sound signature but I actually missed the original sound.

Thanks for your help.

Oct 27, 2014 at 6:48 AM Post #1,431 of 4,826
I have been lurking on this thread for a while now and finally purchased these headphones a week ago. They are a Christmas present from my wife so I have add to box them away and now must wait until Christmas to get my hands on them again, so it is back to my S500's for a while.

I must say that I absolutely love these headphones. They are so much fun to listen to that it becomes hard to take them off.

I got them not because I like bass heavy music but because I love the JVC HA-RX700 and S500 headphones and I was curious about the technology used in these. I was worried they would be too veiled as I listen to mostly punk, thrash and doom. Lots of guitar music but I think these sound incredible. They really do need amping though. I purchased the Cayin C5 and it really brings the sound alive.

I also find the stock pads quite wearable but I am yet to listen for more than an hour at a time so I may experience some comfort issues after prolonged listening.

I am tempted by some new pads but I cannot decide which ones to get. I never considered myself a bass head but when I tried the velour pads I actually found myself missing some of the slam from the stock pads. I think I even found the velours a little sibilant but everyone's hearing is so unique.

Anyone lurking here thinking about trying these but are maybe a little worried about them being too warm should definitely do so if you can get them with a good return policy. I love them and find them more fun and more comfortable than the Denon AH-D600s which I also tried. By comparison I found the Momentums and V-Modas almost unlistenable.

Thanks to everyone who has posted here in shedding some light on these wonderful headphones.

x

Oct 27, 2014 at 9:08 AM Post #1,432 of 4,826
Stock pads are really not that bad. I had no issues after six hours of continuous listening besides my ears were touching the grill. I will agree with Robert, these headphones are very comfortable like seriously at one point I even forgot if I was wearing any headphones.

I also found that Fiio x3 drives sz2000 pretty well and I really don't need any additional amplification unless I want to listen at peak levels which may cause nausea or headache.

Oct 28, 2014 at 7:39 AM Post #1,433 of 4,826
Stock pads are really not that bad. I had no issues after six hours of continuous listening besides my ears were touching the grill. I will agree with Robert, these headphones are very comfortable like seriously at one point I even forgot if I was wearing any headphones.

I also found that Fiio x3 drives sz2000 pretty well and I really don't need any additional amplification unless I want to listen at peak levels which may cause nausea or headache.

I Thing that Your head is surely small and your ears also, because these stock Earpads are surely of no use. You get better Earpads by headphones for $ 20.

Oct 28, 2014 at 4:10 PM Post #1,434 of 4,826
So, Hawaiibadboy, i already listened your oppinion about comparing sz2000 with xb1000 thanks for sharing. So does any other can share his oppinion about these models? I didn't have any amp for now (planning to buy fiio e12), so my start impression is about playing those on galaxy nexus and pc. The genres are: 
hip hop
metal 
edm
house
acoutic guitar music
some music with vocals on 1st stage like (adele, Joan Osborne e.t.c). 
So i'd like really solid power bass, maybe not physical bass how visually (i mentioned beats pro how example, they not have bass what vibrates you but bass is powerful and noticeable). Then i listened some headphones in local store even with amp galaxy sound of course not so detailed and not powerful enough but this is almost my primarily music source for now. So how do you think did i need spent 300$ to jvc or they doesn't opened up even with the e12? does xb1000 can do that more easier? or better to look for cheaper options? what about sony x10 x05 xb500 xb700? 

Oct 28, 2014 at 4:44 PM Post #1,435 of 4,826
  So, Hawaiibadboy, i already listened your oppinion about comparing sz2000 with xb1000 thanks for sharing. So does any other can share his oppinion about these models? I didn't have any amp for now (planning to buy fiio e12), so my start impression is about playing those on galaxy nexus and pc. The genres are: 
hip hop
metal 
edm
house
acoutic guitar music
some music with vocals on 1st stage like (adele, Joan Osborne e.t.c). 
So i'd like really solid power bass, maybe not physical bass how visually (i mentioned beats pro how example, they not have bass what vibrates you but bass is powerful and noticeable). Then i listened some headphones in local store even with amp galaxy sound of course not so detailed and not powerful enough but this is almost my primarily music source for now. So how do you think did i need spent 300$ to jvc or they doesn't opened up even with the e12? does xb1000 can do that more easier? or better to look for cheaper options? what about sony x10 x05 xb500 xb700? 

Teke SONY XB1000. more fun and wery comfy. X1+E12+XB1000
darthsmile.gif

Oct 30, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #1,436 of 4,826
Comparing xb1000's with sz2000's is like comparing mules and horses. Imho xb1000 is just about comfort and muffled sound. It just rumbles..burr burr burrr!!! Lol. There is not enough bass impact, mids are recessed and high are just okay.

I had a chance to own two xb1000's in past two years. I was very satisfied until I bought a kicker $42.99 white headphones to glow under uv lights. Kicker nailed xb1000's and I would say same about ha sz 2000's. It nailed all other headphones which are under $500 range.

Final note: ha sz2000's is not an all rounder headphone which you can listen with any genre but surely it handles 95% of them. If you are a five fingers death punch fan then you might look for some open back headphones. Just my one cent opinion coz I am not a head bashing heavy metal listener. Thanks.

Oct 30, 2014 at 4:36 PM Post #1,437 of 4,826
  @Masada02

Not sure if you still have these headphones, but how much did you find the HiFiMan pleather pads and the HM5 pads changed the sound from the stock pads?

I purchased the HiFiMan velour pads thinking that I would like the effect velours would have on the sound signature but I actually missed the original sound.

Thanks for your help.

I have a large head, so the stock pads basically did nothing to space the drivers from my head. The drivers were literally sitting on my ears and the sound was hugely distorted, along with being terribly uncomfortable.

For me, the HiFiMAN pleather pads and HM5's were pretty similar sound wise, but the HM5's seal much better giving more isolation and letting you hear more detail all while increasing the sound pressure produced. The HiFiMAN pads provide a good overall sound, but are much stiffer than the HM5's allowing them to transfer more of the vibration directly to your head. This is not increasing the sound pressure, but the felt physical vibration of the headphones.

Personally, I use the HM5 pads everyday, but being able to feel all that vibration transferred by stiffer pads (like the HiFiMAN's and 55x pads) is very nice.

Oct 31, 2014 at 5:29 AM Post #1,438 of 4,826
  I have a large head, so the stock pads basically did nothing to space the drivers from my head. The drivers were literally sitting on my ears and the sound was hugely distorted, along with being terribly uncomfortable.

For me, the HiFiMAN pleather pads and HM5's were pretty similar sound wise, but the HM5's seal much better giving more isolation and letting you hear more detail all while increasing the sound pressure produced. The HiFiMAN pads provide a good overall sound, but are much stiffer than the HM5's allowing them to transfer more of the vibration directly to your head. This is not increasing the sound pressure, but the felt physical vibration of the headphones.

Personally, I use the HM5 pads everyday, but being able to feel all that vibration transferred by stiffer pads (like the HiFiMAN's and 55x pads) is very nice.

@Masada02 Thank you for the reply. I will invest in some HM5 pads. I was actually starting to really enjoy the HiFiMAN velour pads after my initial disappointment, but yesterday I realised just how much sound they leaked which is a deal breaker for me as I mostly listen to music on the train.

Oct 31, 2014 at 8:29 AM Post #1,439 of 4,826
  @Masada02 Thank you for the reply. I will invest in some HM5 pads. I was actually starting to really enjoy the HiFiMAN velour pads after my initial disappointment, but yesterday I realised just how much sound they leaked which is a deal breaker for me as I mostly listen to music on the train.

The HM5's do not leak at all, it actually really surprised me. Even at full blast, you cannot tell if someone is listening to music from 3 feet away. I generally listen to music while at work so the HM5 pads worked out perfectly. I can listen to whatever I want at whatever volume level and not disturb anyone else. That is, until to take the headphones off while the music is still playing. Then everyone can hear it 
dt880smile.png

Oct 31, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #1,440 of 4,826
I apologise if anyone went out and bought the JVC based on my early impressions of them. I couldn't live with the rest of the sound spectrum sounding so terrible and am now happily enjoying the accurate sound of Fidelio X2s after returning my SZ2000s to Amazon and all the pads I bought are on the bay. Seriously as someone who loves a lot of bass but also wants to listen to music that hasn't had a massive distant echo and bass only filter applied to it I recommend anything but the SZ2000s. However! If you like it loud and you only like bass demos on youtube the SZ2000 is the only one to get.

Problem is I have such a great subwoofer that I really don't need headphones that don't sound anywhere near as good as a cheap subwoofer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back