JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread
Jul 16, 2014 at 1:39 AM Post #1,246 of 4,826

I live in Japan but cannot read Kanji/Katakana /Hiragana
frown.gif

More like, you LIVE in Japan without needing to d:

And in some of your videos you were speaking to your students in Japanese!

Jul 16, 2014 at 2:02 AM Post #1,247 of 4,826

More like, you LIVE in Japan without needing to d:

And in some of your videos you were speaking to your students in Japanese!

Yeah they pay me to speak/teach my language.

I can speak kids lingo/slang....doesn't work as well with adults...and reading and writing...man I ...luckily don't need it or ask some J girls to help me when I do
tongue.gif

Jul 16, 2014 at 6:59 PM Post #1,248 of 4,826
Hey guys I need some help, I got the SZ1000 and one of the fiio amps since I heard they did pretty good with these... anyway I heard that the pads on the SZ1000 although being better than the ones on the 2000, they leak a lot of sound. So first of all I want to ask, does this (a lot of sound leaking) affect the sound you hear in any way?

I'm still trying to decide If I should get new pads or not... If the leaking sound affects the sound you hear than I'm probably gonna buy another pads and I would apreciate if I got a little help on this decision since it's the last thing missing to complete this purchase. I already have a list of which pads got my atention more but since I'm an airhead when it comes to this kind of things, It's hard to decide which ones are the best for me. I was thinking of getting the Beyer velour pads but I heard they reduce bass(but improve sound quality),  and since I'm a basshead that is a big negative for me. So here's the list I was talking about

- Beyerdynamic DT770 Velour
- Beyerdynamic DT770 Synthetic Leather
- Alpha Pads (These are probably the best but I haven't managed to find them anywhere)
- MR77X pads (Haven't manage to find a place to get these)
- HM-5 pads
- Hifiman Pleathers
- Shure 840 pads

Which of these don't sacrifice bass impact and still maintain good quality or leaks less sound than the stock pads? 

Really hard to sleep at night thinking about what pads would be better 
redface.gif

Jul 16, 2014 at 7:14 PM Post #1,249 of 4,826
I wouldn't bother to much about a dac/amp, using an Apple iPhone 5s myself these are pretty awesome, i have Beyerdynamic A200p which is exellent with my Samsung tablet but the IPhone can do without and when wanting more volume you can go for the Fiio e-12

Jul 18, 2014 at 1:25 AM Post #1,250 of 4,826
What would be a good carrying case for sz2k's. I'm leaving for 4 month trip and want to bring these along with me but I haven't been able to find a hard case for these. Will be going by plane so would need something sturdy. Has anyone got or found a good case.

Jul 18, 2014 at 1:32 AM Post #1,251 of 4,826
What would be a good carrying case for sz2k's. I'm leaving for 4 month trip and want to bring these along with me but I haven't been able to find a hard case for these. Will be going by plane so would need something sturdy. Has anyone got or found a good case.

Try this one:

https://www.storedj.com.au/products/UDG-U8200BL

I'm at the office and am using it to carry my Mad Dogs and my mobile DAP and amp. I'll check if it fits the SZs when I get home but I'm pretty sure it should hold them.

Jul 18, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #1,252 of 4,826
  Hey guys I need some help, I got the SZ1000 and one of the fiio amps since I heard they did pretty good with these... anyway I heard that the pads on the SZ1000 although being better than the ones on the 2000, they leak a lot of sound. So first of all I want to ask, does this (a lot of sound leaking) affect the sound you hear in any way?

I'm still trying to decide If I should get new pads or not... If the leaking sound affects the sound you hear than I'm probably gonna buy another pads and I would apreciate if I got a little help on this decision since it's the last thing missing to complete this purchase. I already have a list of which pads got my atention more but since I'm an airhead when it comes to this kind of things, It's hard to decide which ones are the best for me. I was thinking of getting the Beyer velour pads but I heard they reduce bass(but improve sound quality),  and since I'm a basshead that is a big negative for me. So here's the list I was talking about

- Beyerdynamic DT770 Velour
- Beyerdynamic DT770 Synthetic Leather
- Alpha Pads (These are probably the best but I haven't managed to find them anywhere)
- MR77X pads (Haven't manage to find a place to get these)
- HM-5 pads
- Hifiman Pleathers
- Shure 840 pads

Which of these don't sacrifice bass impact and still maintain good quality or leaks less sound than the stock pads? 

Really hard to sleep at night thinking about what pads would be better 
redface.gif

Through some of my own testing, I have found that the pads are not the problem of leakage with the SZ1000's.  The majority of sound leakage comes from the back of the cup.  I put my hands over the pads, effectively sealing them, and then put my ear to the back of the can.  You can make out, clear as day, what song is playing.  Holding it at arms length, you can still hear it, though not as bad.  I don't think the pads are bad on these, they seal quite well, but it's the back of the cup that leaks sound.  I don't know if there's some way to dampen the back of the cup, and I'm too much of a chicken to take apart my favorite headphones to find out, but that's what I've discovered with some experimentation.

Jul 18, 2014 at 11:57 AM Post #1,253 of 4,826
  Through some of my own testing, I have found that the pads are not the problem of leakage with the SZ1000's.  The majority of sound leakage comes from the back of the cup.  I put my hands over the pads, effectively sealing them, and then put my ear to the back of the can.  You can make out, clear as day, what song is playing.  Holding it at arms length, you can still hear it, though not as bad.  I don't think the pads are bad on these, they seal quite well, but it's the back of the cup that leaks sound.  I don't know if there's some way to dampen the back of the cup, and I'm too much of a chicken to take apart my favorite headphones to find out, but that's what I've discovered with some experimentation.

Than I'm probably gonna be using the stock pads, I'm still waiting for the cans to arrive although I already order a pair of the mr55x pads to compare the base between the stock pads and these ones. Can't wait for them to arrive

Jul 18, 2014 at 2:07 PM Post #1,254 of 4,826

Try this one:

https://www.storedj.com.au/products/UDG-U8200BL

I'm at the office and am using it to carry my Mad Dogs and my mobile DAP and amp. I'll check if it fits the SZs when I get home but I'm pretty sure it should hold them.

I am in the US but I will try to find these here.  Could you tell me how they fit the SZ's? Thanks for your help!

Jul 18, 2014 at 4:21 PM Post #1,255 of 4,826
Sooo

the saga of my defective HA SZ2000's continues!

I first contacted amazon, through customer service, and they emailed  the company who supplied the cans, ABC STORES JAPAN, on my behalf. I was supposed to receive a response of some kind from the seller within two days. It has been FOUR. 

So, i sent an email directly, detailing my issues with the cans, how i tested to make sure it was really the problem, that i'd like to receive a free replacement, and to please respond. 

Oh, and i also mentioned this thread on headfi. hopefully my direct approach will gain some traction.

I want a head massage, dammit!

Jul 18, 2014 at 9:41 PM Post #1,256 of 4,826
  Sooo

the saga of my defective HA SZ2000's continues!

I first contacted amazon, through customer service, and they emailed  the company who supplied the cans, ABC STORES JAPAN, on my behalf. I was supposed to receive a response of some kind from the seller within two days. It has been FOUR. 

So, i sent an email directly, detailing my issues with the cans, how i tested to make sure it was really the problem, that i'd like to receive a free replacement, and to please respond. 

Oh, and i also mentioned this thread on headfi. hopefully my direct approach will gain some traction.

I want a head massage, dammit!

Oh be direct and fast. 
Don't let any 30 day etc time limits or any other excuses cause you any headaches.
Contack Amazon and tell them you are getting no relief via ABC tell them they are a bad vendor and request them to handle it since they allowed that vendor to do business under the Amazon umbrella....and to do it NOW.......please.

Forceful, insistent but always respectfully.

Jul 23, 2014 at 1:27 PM Post #1,258 of 4,826
Update time!!!

So the ABC Japan vendor has dropped the ball. They have not contacted me back, in any way, other than an initial conformation of receiving the very first email I sent. I have waited more than the allowable days between each step in the process, and have now filed an A to Z guarantee through Amazon.

I will get my money back from Amazon, and I have already purchased a replacement from another vendor.

I should have gone with this vendor in the first place, "J-Made" I bought the THREE DAY shipping, AND a 2 year 250 dollar product warranty for a TOTAL of 275! 

AWESOME

On a related note, ALPHA DOG BIG BOI PADS are on the way! All the other pads I tried were too shallow for my BIG BOI ears. :)

Jul 23, 2014 at 8:22 PM Post #1,260 of 4,826
  Update time!!!

So the ABC Japan vendor has dropped the ball. They have not contacted me back, in any way, other than an initial conformation of receiving the very first email I sent. I have waited more than the allowable days between each step in the process, and have now filed an A to Z guarantee through Amazon.

I will get my money back from Amazon, and I have already purchased a replacement from another vendor.

I should have gone with this vendor in the first place, "J-Made" I bought the THREE DAY shipping, AND a 2 year 250 dollar product warranty for a TOTAL of 275! 

AWESOME

On a related note, ALPHA DOG BIG BOI PADS are on the way! All the other pads I tried were too shallow for my BIG BOI ears. :)

Big Boi pads? are these new/ different from Alpha pads?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back