JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread
Jul 14, 2014 at 1:52 AM Post #1,231 of 4,826
  I have a defective pair, and i can still hear 17Hz with them. Like ambient noises can be heard in the troughs of the wavelength of bass. I can barely turn them up, and the bass is heartachingly thunderous.

I will paypal you 5 dollars if you need persuading. Seriously get the SZ2000. Just do it. Like now. Go to Amazon, now.

Stop reading this dumb post, and buy the headphones.

Your enthusiasm is refreshing. Unfortunately, I have a gigantic wish list of equipment to use for various purposes. But since these are one of the most affordable models in it, I'll raise their priority.

Another thing I need to work on is getting more music with that type of bass.

Jul 14, 2014 at 2:04 AM Post #1,232 of 4,826
  I have a defective pair, and i can still hear 17Hz with them. Like ambient noises can be heard in the troughs of the wavelength of bass. I can barely turn them up, and the bass is heartachingly thunderous.

I will paypal you 5 dollars if you need persuading. Seriously get the SZ2000. Just do it. Like now. Go to Amazon, now.

Stop reading this dumb post, and buy the headphones.

Dude your a loyal soldier. A storm trooper.
J.V.C via Amazon needs to square you away right now. Stop reading this and go get your new set and not be miserable.. Or get whatever you like but stop holding onto an inferior defective set of cans. Now.!!

Go!!
deadhorse.gif

Get yourself squared away.
Tell em there is a thread on the most popular internet site for headphone discussions and everyone of us is watching.
They need to take care of you. 

Don't worry bout Alchemist...you get your stuff squared away and share with us any and all crap you run into.
I highly doubt it though as Amazon has been good to me in the past by making things right when a vendor may have moved slow.
Amazon moves pretty quick in my experience.

Jul 14, 2014 at 3:01 AM Post #1,234 of 4,826
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SszkATGLCA

just skip to 48 seconds in, and listen through 1:50. I also have the cd quality version (not that much higher kbps, but still) that i can email to whomever.

Jul 14, 2014 at 10:58 AM Post #1,237 of 4,826
  yeah, i just didn't have them turned up as much, then.

I'm not sure about warranties, i got the headphones from amazon, so they are probably still replaceable.

About the amping, i have a Schiit Magni/Modi, with the computer volume(schiit device volume) at 50% and the amp dial at 60% is like the threshhold. If I turn either volume up, it starts the weird noise.

This must seem dumb but, did you try another DAC or just running the headphones through any other sources?!? (i.e. to eliminate the possibility of a messed up Modi/USB connection, or distortions brought by nearby cellphones, etc. on the Magni?

(I'm using an AK100 MK2 --> Schiit Magni --> SZ1000 at the moment, no problems...)

Jul 14, 2014 at 4:42 PM Post #1,238 of 4,826
I think both cans are under-priced for what they deliver. The sz2000 are proven bass monsters and I'm a bass-head. 
The sz1000 are well worth $130. <<<<<massive understatement 
If I had to take just one it would be the sz2000....bragging rights in bassopolis.

How much is $70 worth?

Dinner for 2 at TGIF in my mind. No big deal. For others....a big deal. 
The sz1000 have a more approachable sound if that makes any sense and it may not?
The sz2000 are powerhouses. Hardest thumping cans on the consumer market period. Can...I assume the 1000 as well....can be eq'd to anywhere you wanna go . Both priced way below inferior built Boutique/Audiophile stuff.

There will be a massive wave of sz1000 sales coming soon. I predict.

Guess you never heard of "2 for $20"...

So the sz2000s have better bass than the " bass king" pro 900, sony xb500/700/1000, and the beyer DT 770 pro 80s?

How are they for console gaming with an astro mix amp using Dolby headphone? I've been looking for a immersive headphone for casual gaming (use my ad700 for competitive play). Is the sound stage decent?

I narrowed it down to DT 770 pro 80s and pro 900. They're both suppose to have pretty good sound stage especially the 770s, but if the sz2000 is good, I'll definitely consider them.

Jul 14, 2014 at 5:01 PM Post #1,239 of 4,826
I always hear about how the Abyss AB-1266 has the highest quality bass - speed, depth, slam/impact/attack, detail, extension, tightness, presence, balance, realism, control, etc.

If anyone here has directly compared it to the JVC HA-SZ2000, it would be especially helpful to me.

Jul 14, 2014 at 10:25 PM Post #1,241 of 4,826
Guess you never heard of "2 for $20"...

So the sz2000s have better bass than the " bass king" pro 900, sony xb500/700/1000, and the beyer DT 770 pro 80s?

How are they for console gaming with an astro mix amp using Dolby headphone? I've been looking for a immersive headphone for casual gaming (use my ad700 for competitive play). Is the sound stage decent?

I narrowed it down to DT 770 pro 80s and pro 900. They're both suppose to have pretty good sound stage especially the 770s, but if the sz2000 is good, I'll definitely consider them.

No I don't know about deals over there
I go in and eat what I want when i want and not on special days or menu's. Though that sounds like a sweet deal!!

tongue.gif
...Bass King

I too have been looking for that Bass heavy Modiophile headphone, I had the Ultrasone pro 900 and sold those immediately. I still have my XB700's and just recently picked up the M100's.  So far the M100's are my favorite.  They surprisingly had similar sub bass that the XB700's have only the M100's are a lot punchier and not muddy so it doesn't drown out the mids and highs. the high's aren't ear piercing and the mids stand out really well to me.   

Above comment 
from today.

I think the gaming thread would help you with Dolby and the like.

Jul 14, 2014 at 10:26 PM Post #1,242 of 4,826
  So my pair took a spill :{ Anyone know if there's anyway I can get them replaced or repaired? The warranty card says it's only valid in Japan and I'm in the States.

Oh ****

Did you buy them through Amazon? check their policy or somebody in here maybe can give you specific advice! Good luck......ouch!!

Jul 15, 2014 at 2:46 AM Post #1,243 of 4,826
No I don't know about deals over there
I go in and eat what I want when i want and not on special days or menu's. Though that sounds like a sweet deal!!

:p ...Bass King

Above comment 
from today.

I think the gaming thread would help you with Dolby and the like.

Thank you. How's the sound stage of the sz2000 in your opinion compared to other headphones you've used?

Jul 16, 2014 at 1:10 AM Post #1,244 of 4,826
  So my pair took a spill :{ Anyone know if there's anyway I can get them replaced or repaired? The warranty card says it's only valid in Japan and I'm in the States.

So that makes two cases now. @Kukyo was first to report about this weak spot. Maybe he can tell you something?

Really sorry Subere ... I'm not sure how I'd handle this from the US either. If you bought from Amazon Japan, there may be hope:

From https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=3494121

Check Eligible Returns Period
Unless otherwise stipulated by law, "no-fault" returns and replacements are eligible only within 30 days after delivery of items.
Note:
  1. 20% will be deducted from the original amount after 30 days
  2. 50% of the purchased price will be refunded for items that have been opened or used as a general rule
  3. If a product fails to work out of the box, contact the manufacturer first. If the manufacturer agrees, we may accept a return even after the returns period.

So, first, you need some basic Japanese to contact both the manufacturer and Amazon Japan. One way to do that is to write with the most basic sentence structures in English and use Google translate, for example:

"I don't speak Japanese.
But.
Let me try.
Using 'Google Translate'.
I have a problem.
I bought the JVC HA-SZ2000.
I bought it from Amazon Japan.
The hinge broke."

私は日本語が話せません。
しかし。
私が試してみましょう。
「Google翻訳」を使用して。
私は問題を抱えている。
私は、「JVC HA-SZ2000」を買った。
私は、アマゾンジャパンからそれを買った。
ヒンジが壊れた。 (This last sentence uses "hinji" and is problematic lol)

I used this method to chat with Amazon Japan when DHL delivered my package to the wrong apartment.

Jul 16, 2014 at 1:32 AM Post #1,245 of 4,826

So that makes two cases now. @Kukyo was first to report about this weak spot. Maybe he can tell you something?

Really sorry Subere ... I'm not sure how I'd handle this from the US either. If you bought from Amazon Japan, there may be hope:

From https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=3494121

Check Eligible Returns Period
Unless otherwise stipulated by law, "no-fault" returns and replacements are eligible only within 30 days after delivery of items.
Note:
  1. 20% will be deducted from the original amount after 30 days
  2. 50% of the purchased price will be refunded for items that have been opened or used as a general rule
  3. If a product fails to work out of the box, contact the manufacturer first. If the manufacturer agrees, we may accept a return even after the returns period.

So, first, you need some basic Japanese to contact both the manufacturer and Amazon Japan. One way to do that is to write with the most basic sentence structures in English and use Google translate, for example:

"I don't speak Japanese.
But.
Let me try.
Using 'Google Translate'.
I have a problem.
I bought the JVC HA-SZ2000.
I bought it from Amazon Japan.
The hinge broke."

私は日本語が話せません。
しかし。
私が試してみましょう。
「Google翻訳」を使用して。
私は問題を抱えている。
私は、「JVC HA-SZ2000」を買った。
私は、アマゾンジャパンからそれを買った。
ヒンジが壊れた。 (This last sentence uses "hinji" and is problematic lol)

I used this method to chat with Amazon Japan when DHL delivered my package to the wrong apartment.

I live in Japan but cannot read Kanji/Katakana /Hiragana
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back