JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread
Apr 25, 2013 at 2:20 AM Post #91 of 4,826
Hope it's not same pads as on the Denon D1100, they look quite alike. Wasn't a huge fan of the D1100 pads at least, rather stiff so didn't create such a nice seal like softer leather pads would.

Apr 25, 2013 at 5:01 AM Post #93 of 4,826
Those look sexy! Now I'm going to have to choose between these and the WS99s...

Apr 25, 2013 at 5:47 AM Post #94 of 4,826
Quote:

Hmm...decisions decisions. :/

I has gonna get the ES700 too, guess that idea is out of the window now lol

Damn you JVC!!

Apr 25, 2013 at 6:20 AM Post #95 of 4,826
Quote:

Same here, I'm slightly unsure if WS99's bass quantity will suffice based on people's feedback. With these JVCs on the other hand I'm worried that the bass will be too much. ^_^

I'm look for roughly S500 / V-Moda M100 / M-Audio Q40 kind of quantities of bass or thereabouts, measured wise it would be about 8dB boost but it depends how "clean" it is whether I think it's sufficient, if it was very controlled and reverb-less maybe say 10-11dB could be ok even, if it was less clean then it may have to be 7dB more like but yea roughly around 8dB boost, the S500 seems to be measuring about 7dB boost, Q40 about 8dB boost, M100 about ~9dB.

Apr 25, 2013 at 6:28 AM Post #96 of 4,826
Quote:

Same here, I'm slightly unsure if WS99's bass quantity will suffice based on people's feedback. With these JVCs on the other hand I'm worried that the bass will be too much. ^_^

I think the sound I'm looking for is the WS99s. I think they would have the perfect amount of bass and sound that I like, but with these coming out I'm going to have to hear some impressions to make sure.

Apr 25, 2013 at 8:06 AM Post #97 of 4,826
Never tried any of them sadly but those Creative looks real nice and spiffy, they seem like a really nice simple set up. I would personally go with those but they have no woofers though so....... it all boils down to if you need/ want a set of subs that's all.

Yeah they look cool and have good reviews although the FC 360 set are supposed to be amazing for the price. I don't have much space though so would prefer a simple 2.0 system, I would sacrifice some sound quality for compactness on this occasion, I just hope that a 2.0 system is still capable of producing adequate bass.

Did you see my post at the top of the page? You can also use those $30 Dayton mains pair that are supposed to be really good for the price. :wink:

Remember I live in the UK so don't know if those are available here. I didn't see no 30 dollar set anyway in your post?

Apr 25, 2013 at 8:20 AM Post #98 of 4,826
Yeah they look cool and have good reviews although the FC 360 set are supposed to be amazing for the price. I don't have much space though so would prefer a simple 2.0 system, I would sacrifice some sound quality for compactness on this occasion, I just hope that a 2.0 system is still capable of producing adequate bass.

Remember I live in the UK so don't know if those are available here. I didn't see no 30 dollar set anyway in your post?
sorry, on mobile, http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=300-652. :wink:

Apr 25, 2013 at 8:57 AM Post #99 of 4,826
colour me interested! headphones with a sub-woofer... and there was i thinking that the money i saved will do me well through college... so naive...

someone mentioned the low impedance and its possible effect on the bass. if you use a low impedance output, you should be alright no? 2 ohms or lower should give you sufficient damping according to the regular "rule of thumb", or am i wrong?

i am concerned about the high sensitivity though. using m-100 with my O2, i get WAY too much power (and im using unity gain). these seem to have an even lower impedance, and even higher sensitivity. makes me think these will be good for portable use ONLY. i have no intention of using my laptops noisey headphone jack... perhaps its time for some impedance adapters eh?

i have high hopes for these. oh i do hope some people will compare them with the m-100 
popcorn.gif

Apr 25, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #101 of 4,826
whaaaaaat??? I'd walk around with a satellite dish strapped to my head if it made music sound god mode :)
I wouldn't... how would you get through doors as well as the weight requiring a neck pillow everywhere you go... :p

Apr 25, 2013 at 4:46 PM Post #105 of 4,826
Thanks. 34,800 yen ($357 US) plus Tenso shipping for the sz2k.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back