JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread
Oct 8, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #601 of 4,826
The X3 was great with the SZ2000, the DX50 should be fine with more power as the low end doesn't come out until you feed them properly. They are a quantum leap forward over the S500/S400 and I own those too.

Oct 9, 2013 at 11:29 AM Post #602 of 4,826
Awesome, then im putting the on my "To buy" list. Thank you for the response.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9100 usando Tapatalk

Oct 9, 2013 at 12:46 PM Post #603 of 4,826
Awesome, then im putting the on my "To buy" list. Thank you for the response.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9100 usando Tapatalk

Annnddd check your PM! :wink:

Oct 14, 2013 at 7:44 AM Post #604 of 4,826
I managed to listen to both the SZ1000 and SZ2000 today and here are my impressions:

Source: ipad nano and O2 amp

At the first shop that I went, I believe the SZ2000 that I heard wasn't properly burnt in. Frankly, it was a disappointment. The mid and high were congested and a mess, and the bass was bloated. Fortunately, at the second shop that I went to, the SZ1000 and SZ2000 were more or less burnt in. Both have the same sound signature, but the SZ2000 is slightly better than the SZ1000 in every way. 

Using my FXZ200 as a reference, the SZ2000 has better highs and mids, they made the FXZ2000's high sound tamed and the mids overly warm. However, I personally feel that the FXZ200 still has a better bass in certain cases. In bass-strong songs like techno and clubs songs, the FXZ200's bass is like a subwoofer, it has quantity, body, and it rumbles like an actual subwoofer. It makes you want to party! However, in other genres, like female vocals, the bass does tend to leak into the mids and even the high as a background rumble and affecting the overall clarity. The SZ2000's bass is strong, but it doesn't have the deep rumble like the FXZ200. In bass heavy songs, the bass sounds punchy but just not like the subwoofer of the FXZ200.

Depending on what type of music that you to listen to, the SZ2000 may or may not be what you're looking for.

Dec 1, 2013 at 6:14 AM Post #605 of 4,826
I also will choose between the 2000 and the Pro 500 of Yamaha, because I like bass, and I have the top in ears of both brands. The JVC however might win when it Comes to the Looks, as I prefere classic Looks over the modern styled Yamaha´s, from wich the 220 could be an Option as well if they are soundwise on the same Level. I use a Teac UD-H01 Dac/ headphone amp,wich gets the best out of the cans, like my current Teufel Aureol Real., a bargain for it´s Price, but like I said I might make an upgrade to one of These.

Dec 1, 2013 at 6:19 AM Post #606 of 4,826
I listen mostly to progressive -and related Musics, so I also like bass strong cans when listening to a band like Magma,somethimes playing with 3 bass Players, but of course it should be a high Quality bass Sound and not a distórted one.

Dec 1, 2013 at 8:33 AM Post #608 of 4,826
Thx Gikigill, I have the Ha-Fx 1000 in ear,so I know JVC is capable of producing high Quality headphones, as I said before they will be a contender nex to the Yamaha Pro 500, if equal I might go for the JVC also due their Looks, I am not to keen on the flashy Looks of the Yamaha´s. Another one that springs to mind in this priceclass are the Grado 325I but probably lacks bass in comparision to this two.

Dec 1, 2013 at 8:57 AM Post #609 of 4,826
I have the FX700,FXZ200 and the FX40 and no plans to part with any of them
ksc75smile.gif

JVC does have a very good house sound but all its products need a lot of burn-in , atleast 200 hours before they really shine through.

Dec 2, 2013 at 7:22 AM Post #610 of 4,826
I agree to that as I have FX 1000, wich sounds as good as they look. You never get tired of listening as they Sound easy and fluid on the ear, but sitll with rich Detail and great bass. How do you compare both with each other, as the FXZ 200 is the new one and even product of the year wirh EISA?

Dec 2, 2013 at 8:06 AM Post #611 of 4,826
The FXZ200 is the best sounding of the trio IMO but needs a lot of burn in before it cleans up.

In the beginning it sounds dull and congested but slowly opens up and gets to a really nice treble and thumping bass.

I use it with the Fiio X3 and the Neco Labs V3 18V and it sounds great. Make sure you power it properly or else it sounds rubbish.

The Fiio X3 by itself at a volume of 25-30 powers it well but no phone/ipod seems to have the juice to power it straight.

Jan 23, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #612 of 4,826
I saw a woman running today, here in Northern California in our drought-induced summer-like weather, and she was wearing some giant nice looking headphones. I wanted to see what kind they were, and by sheer luck she happened to take a breather right by my car when I parked it, a half mile down the road (after some long stops in traffic). It was a pair of these.
416geyc5UuL._SY355_.jpg

And when I got out of my car I saw she was like 8 months pregnant. Now that's dedication, on a number of fronts.

Jan 27, 2014 at 10:56 AM Post #613 of 4,826
So, i've been thinking a lot about jumping the gun on these, but i've read a bunch of reviews outside Head-fi, and apparently they sound very similar to what the M50 would sound. Having my M50 and not willing to let them go or selling them (sentimental value), would it be worth it to get these, or should i jump the gun with something else that i might be interested in (like DT990 Pro or get more money and get the HD25 Aluminum).

I have the IM70 so i kinda know how the dual driver "would" sound, but still don't know if i should get these or not. Any thoughts? (I was going to get them for sure when they were around 250 with shipping on Amazon, but now they are a little more expensive, so i'm starting to think about it).

Mar 7, 2014 at 8:30 AM Post #615 of 4,826
These are CLEARLY Hip Hop oriented cans.

They are certified Cannons. Right out of the box they are about to dethrone my go-to cans for bass impact (that throbbing tickling this is no good for my hearing type bass)

WOW.

[COLOR=FF4400]
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=FF4400]
[/COLOR]

I knew this was the "dethroning can" you referenced in the basshead thread. I've been wanting to try these ever since gelocks got his pair.

Good for u.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back