JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread
Mar 12, 2018 at 11:55 AM Post #4,441 of 4,826
The alpha pads are the bomb with the sz2k. No reason to use any others imo.

Mar 13, 2018 at 1:55 PM Post #4,444 of 4,826
The alpha pads are the bomb with the sz2k. No reason to use any others imo.

I'm finding I like the Ether Pads even more than the Alpha pads, seems to be a clarity increase..........

Mar 19, 2018 at 7:00 PM Post #4,445 of 4,826
I never did end up buying the XL round sheeps, I tried a pair of MrSpeakers Lambskin Alpha Pads and some ZMF Calfskin Oval pads alongside my original HM5 Sheepskins. The Alpha pads were endgame for me on the JVC, ridiculously comfortable.

Let me know how you find the XL HM5 Sheepskins in comparison to the original Sheepskins,

Slightly more comfort as they don't touch back of ear (oval vs round hole) The hole size is similar just one is round, but difference is noticeable, in feel that is.. The pad truly looks XL but fits fine. It does spin easier vs regular oval sheeps, but is secure. I don't really notice difference in sound, but the pad touched more skin (by that i mean more surface area feels bass). So possibly more bass via skin transfer. There is excellent seal.

I think these + xb1k will be killer also.

Hope that helps. :)

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2018 at 5:43 PM Post #4,446 of 4,826
Has any of you guys found a case for the SZ on Aliexpress (or Ebay)? A lot of the ones I found start to get slim too fast towards the cans and I'm not sure those would be big enough.

Like this one just looks like it's be too slim as the SZ is the fattest in its mid part.

This one however looks more promising.

Opinions? Have you guys found another one that's better?

Mar 22, 2018 at 6:24 PM Post #4,447 of 4,826
With my SZ1000 (HM5 Angled Leather Pads), Schiit Modi 2 + Magni 2 Uber, I'm using Equalizer APO + Peace as GUI.

This is my profile for hip hop songs, and I couldn't be happier:

When I listen to Pop and Rock songs I'm using these settings, but I'm not very happy with:

Even if I try to do a lot of adjustments, I always feel like something is "missing" in songs.
Has anyone found the optimal settings for these kind of music?

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2018 at 6:56 PM Post #4,448 of 4,826
These settings will not apply to everybody I am sure. But for me, I use these settings for all the music I listen to regardless of type. I also use these settings for computer gaming, computer video watching, and Netflix movie watching.

lp2VY2H.jpg

Mar 30, 2018 at 1:18 AM Post #4,449 of 4,826
Hello everyone, I've been having a blast with the SZ2000, but I'm having a bit of a problem that seems to be PC specific. I can't get the SZ's to do this on android, it seems to be a buzzing sound shortly after playback. I have the iDSD Black Label, and if I set it to turbo it does this. Anyone have a clue to what could be causing this? These are the Equalizer APO settings I'm using:
Preamp -24
25hz 15db
3hz 5db
50hz 18db
Notice how the light blinks/dims on the iDSD
I'm relatively new here, but for now this is what I'm using. Sorry for the video quality.
Starts at 0:29

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2018 at 1:24 AM Post #4,450 of 4,826
Hello everyone, I've been having a blast with the SZ2000, but I'm having a bit of a problem that seems to be PC specific. I can't get the SZ's to do this on android, it seems to be a buzzing sound shortly after playback. I have the iDSD Black Label, and if I set it to turbo it does this. Anyone have a clue to what could be causing this? These are the Equalizer APO settings I'm using:
Preamp -24
25hz 15db
3hz 5db
50hz 18db
Notice how the light blinks/dims on the iDSD
I'm relatively new here, but for now this is what I'm using. Sorry for the video quality.

Sounds like to me you blew your woofer drivers. :frowning2:

Mar 30, 2018 at 1:42 AM Post #4,452 of 4,826
When I put it to normal at the same volume, it doesn't do that...

Ok, I don't know what Turbo is, I don't have that device. If Turbo is supposed to mean High Gain, well, then they got their terminologies backwards, cause Turbo means high speed in most cases. Has this device always done this, or is it a recent occourance? If its recent, your device could be screwed up too. You could try a different amp.

Mar 30, 2018 at 1:46 AM Post #4,453 of 4,826
Ok, I don't know what Turbo is, I don't have that device. If Turbo is supposed to mean High Gain, well, then they got their terminologies backwards, cause Turbo means high speed in most cases. Has this device always done this, or is it a recent occourance? If its recent, your device could be screwed up too. You could try a different amp.
It has an Eco Mode which is around 500mW, Normal Mode is around 3000mW I believe, Turbo Mode about 4000mW. I did try with a Fiio E18 which is close to the Fiio A3. The iDSD seems blinks every time the buzzing occurs. This device has a battery and didn't occur on battery power...

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2018 at 11:47 AM Post #4,455 of 4,826
I have been using my SZ2000 for a couple of years. First of all, I changed stock pads and ordered pads from Brainwavz HM5, the result was - fits better, more tight. I got more bass!
In a common use without EQ and AMP these SZ2000 sound simple, nothing special. But when you give them more power and use EQ with V-diagram, so the devil is coming out from SZ and you can get your brain massage :wink:
Overall, I thing that SZ are amazing for those who listed to the bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back