JVC HA-RX700 Mods
Sep 15, 2009 at 1:55 AM Post #61 of 255
Quote:

Originally Posted by RallyMaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, the 2.5LGT usually means Legacy 2.5GT. Now the next question is...BL or BP? Or are you a BE/BH owner?

<- drives a BH

RX700 should go well for the dorm room because they're pretty noisy. I had them pretty much the whole time last year and can vouch for their noise isolating abilities in such an environment. There are multiple threads for IEMs under $100 and I guess in the end it all depends on your music taste and how much isolation you want.

BL
L3000.gif
stock right now

Oct 14, 2009 at 12:19 AM Post #63 of 255
I tried the Foam in the earcups with my tSc HDpro7's and it helped alot with them. Not bad especially when I bought two pairs for 14 each shipped last winter haha.

Dec 30, 2009 at 6:50 AM Post #64 of 255
I'm not sure how to open my ha-rx700. Can there be pictures of where to specifically squeeze and pull open? I'm not trying to force it as I'm scared of ruining something on the inside.

Dec 30, 2009 at 7:20 PM Post #65 of 255
just got my 700s in today as well, got them burning in with white/pink/brown noise looping on media player.

Im trying to resist modding them so I can listen to them and get a feel for them before I mod them *so than i can appreciate what the mods have done*. Im debating where I can get some cheap sound dampening tape, i think walmart has some speaker mat kits, i cant find them on their website though.

Dec 30, 2009 at 8:54 PM Post #66 of 255
Quote:

Originally Posted by R04R /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not sure how to open my ha-rx700. Can there be pictures of where to specifically squeeze and pull open? I'm not trying to force it as I'm scared of ruining something on the inside.

Start tugging on the pads. The more you tug, the looser it'll become until you eventually get enough off that you can take the whole thing off.

Look at this thread for directions:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/jvc...-about-381303/

Dec 31, 2009 at 12:25 AM Post #68 of 255
Quote:

Originally Posted by hypertek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i bought this stuff, $9 at lowes, think it will be decent sound dampening?
2r4rkuo.jpg

Can you open the roll and show in detail? You might have seen the window flashing tape that I used ( LINK ).

If it's sticky and rubbery it should work good enough.

Dec 31, 2009 at 2:25 AM Post #69 of 255
ok i went ahead and did it. looks just like the same stuff you got. Did this mod, removed the felt and did the foam earpads mod.. Im no audiophile but so far soo good, sounds crisp. Now to just burn in over time.

also
2njfy11.jpg

If you pull the tape off the driver, theres 2 more holes in it, anyone try that open? I acidently pulled it off when i was putting the flashing tape on it *cut away the areas for the 2 already exposed holes*, but i went ahead and sealed those back up .

Jan 8, 2010 at 2:45 AM Post #71 of 255
Gonna try this, will see how this goes
2mg5lyg.jpg

Edit
I just gave them a listen, I think they do sound less boomy and more responsive on the bass when stuffed.

2nd Edit: I might pull the stuffing, i kinda liked the boom bass. If you guys dont want too much bass though, stuffing them would be good.

Feb 3, 2010 at 7:07 AM Post #72 of 255
+15 for adding foam under the pads! I really loved how the pads felt when I got them, but they dissolved into thin pads after a matter of months. Before they sat on my ear from the lack of padding, now they sit at a nicer distant. I will admit, that there seems to be a sweet spot between being too close, and too far away (more experimenting required).

I will be giving the rest of the mod a try later this week. I've always loved my RX900 and really want to keep them as a second-hand phone. I may also have to give the RX700 a try too some day.

Feb 11, 2010 at 8:23 PM Post #74 of 255
Where to buy the foam man ? dynamat is good or this dampening material ?

EDIT: dynamat/dampening material, foam available on Amazon ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back