JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Dec 16, 2012 at 3:14 PM Post #619 of 3,271
Quote:
http://www.rhdjapan.com anyone know anything about this site? Apparently i can get fxz200s for £207 shipped here

Seen that place, tried to avoid it like the plague. I do not know much, maybe someone who has better experience with this site may help you out.

Dec 16, 2012 at 3:32 PM Post #621 of 3,271
roflmao

Quote:
Stop making me want things!

5f1369a071054eaaeedb4587d20f3a82_400x1000.gif

Dec 16, 2012 at 3:42 PM Post #623 of 3,271
Originally Posted by magi44ken 

Eric, do you have any plan to do a quick comparison between FXZ and Aurisonics AS-2? It will be very interesting what the sound quality difference is.

Quote:

That would be interesting ; )

I don't have the new ASG-2 (yet), and the one I heard is not the same as the one coming out (new driver built from scratch by Aurisonics). From what I can't remember of the demo ASG-2 model, the bass might have been about the same in quality, but the sound is more balanced in the Z100. The ASG-2 may have more extension in highs and vocals were a more forward in the ASG-2. This is all by memory. Base on memory, I can't say the ASG-2 blows the Z100 away or vice versa. They sound nothing alike signature-wise. I would call them tied based on memory, but again, the ASG-2 that's coming out isn't the one I heard. 

Dec 16, 2012 at 3:58 PM Post #625 of 3,271
Quote:
Hi Eric, would you be kind to make a comparison between 100 and RE262? : )

The RE262 has a smaller soundstage, forward vocals and mids, almost 3-D like imaging, but sounds like it has virtually no bass when compared to the Z100. The RE262 is a great phone for those who really want a mid-centric earphone that points more toward neutral. 

Dec 16, 2012 at 4:29 PM Post #626 of 3,271
Thanks Eric!

Sorry, I did not mention that I actually have the RE262, so I am quite familiar with the sound and loving the vocals!

What I wanted to find out is more on Z100 and using RE262 as a reference. A bit more bass sounds good. Any other 'observations' that I should note?

You also mention TDK IE800 matching up closely or getting ahead of RE262, so im actually really interested in these two IEMs (Z100 and TDK IE800)!!

Quote:
The RE262 has a smaller soundstage, forward vocals and mids, almost 3-D like imaging, but sounds like it has virtually no bass when compared to the Z100. The RE262 is a great phone for those who really want a mid-centric earphone that points more toward neutral. 

Dec 16, 2012 at 4:30 PM Post #627 of 3,271
Quote:
ooh can you please link me?

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%83%93%E3%82%AF%E3%82%BF%E3%83%BC-HA-FXZ200-JVC%E3%82%B1%E3%83%B3%E3%82%A6%E3%83%83%E3%83%89-JVC-%E3%82%B9%E3%83%86%E3%83%AC%E3%82%AA%E3%83%98%E3%83%83%E3%83%89%E3%83%9B%E3%83%B3/dp/B009UPT570/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355618989&sr=8-1

You will need to open an accoun with tenso.com for the address. You will use tenso's address/posting service. Have a look at www.tenso.com

Dec 16, 2012 at 5:47 PM Post #629 of 3,271
Quote:

These are really nice looking. I am a sucker for this type of equipement. We should have a dedicated " Show me your EIM's" thread just like Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)

I know it sounds dodgy but really if I show you mine, you have to ....

Ps turokrocks brought this thread to my attention. Somehow wish he hadn't because I find myself searching the net for the best price on the 200's. Sigh

Dec 16, 2012 at 6:57 PM Post #630 of 3,271
Going on close to 50 hours of burn in I have to say the sounds on both have tightened up nicely but the one that is shocking me right now . Guys. What I am hearing on the FXZ200 is nothing short of astounding.. This sound. The mids are so nice. so smooth. so textured so lush. Vocals will make you shiver. The sound is getting outworldly...If you close your eyes you are completely and utterly engulfed in the sound that is coming out of the FXZ200..Now I see why these cost more..Listening to Tchaikovsky- String quartet No1..I feel like my mind is floating with the strings. So much emotion in the music. This sound. The space in the instruments the raw power and natural reverb I am hearing in the recording is insane.

I remember when Danny first got the FXZ200 I predicted these would start to show why they cost more with more use/ burn in. I am happy to report. This is in fact what is happening to the sounds. The FXZ100 I feel has improved and the sounds is simply gorgeous. Just a crazy high end sound that I am loving right now but the refinements in the FXZ200 are clearly showing up for the party.  On a bit of a side note. Passive isolation is actually very decent on the phones. Not the best I have heard but not average either. I would say my ASG-1s have the best passive isolation. These are very similar to my XB90s in isolation. With music playing even at moderate low levels you will be shut out of the world around you.

I am going to warn guys about these FXZ200. I don't care if you believe in burn in or not. The improvements in the sound I am hearing now did not get there with me just using it..My Drum n Bass technique has once again shown me the true colors on an earphone and this time. What sound that was there has now come full bloom.. The depth and scope of this sound is clearly on a level I have not heard before. Strings, instruments, vocals, emotion..All of it in such full rounded detail. And the one element that I am a huge fan of. Texture..If it is a big sound with no texture you just get a big hollow sound. These earphones have the massive scale and all of it is textured. Truly dynamic in how it sounds. You can sense how much force a performer is pushing the keys. The resolution in the mids is so great I have never heard an earphone make Pianos sound like it is covering almost the entire sound frequency. As deep as it is wide. And none of it sounds artificial or enhanced. Absolutely a wonderful sound. Astounding sound..You guys read it here first. As long as JVC is making these FXZ100 FXZ200s. I will always own a pair.

I have bought some nice cans lately and none of them are getting any head time right now..Not good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back