JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Dec 16, 2012 at 12:10 PM Post #601 of 3,271
Stop making me want things!

5f1369a071054eaaeedb4587d20f3a82_400x1000.gif

Dec 16, 2012 at 12:51 PM Post #603 of 3,271
Don't tell me you guys have never heard how a 2.1 or 5.1 active speakers sound with subs. The base of your tunes with anything that is dealing with lower frequencies is the foundation for your tunes.The subs makes sure this is what is happening. Go to your local best buy and test out a speaker system and listen to how that sounds. Take away the subs and you get less to no weight in your tunes. Think those 2.0 gadget usb speakers with no bass.

There is a mid and a high driver for a reason. As Danny put it. The mix between the highs mids to the lows is a different presentation and is integrated seamlessly..If this sound came from one driver you would get mudd city. Not the case here. We are talking the raw power of an actual sub woofer then with a holographic like 3D detail in mids and highs.. The weight of this sound is skewed toward the bottom then one of the most extraordinary deep detailed mids with a highs driver that takes care of timbre detail and the high notes. Tweeters.

Speaker like presentation. I wouldn't say interfere but more like a part of the sound. Like gravy over your potatoes. It tastes better with that thick gravy!

This sound and presentation will not be for everyone. I am also with Danny when I say these are not necessarily better or an upgrade over the FXZ100 and how those sound..Less risky is the FXZ100..The FXZ200 is more for guys that want something different in their earphone sound..And for bass lovers? Come get your sub woofer on.

Dec 16, 2012 at 12:58 PM Post #604 of 3,271
Is there like a Amazon.jp/Tenso for Dummies somewhere?

I already tried Rakuten and Tenso (signed up for an account with each)... trying to follow Tenso's instructions and putting my Tenso address in it complained about having Japanese characters in the address.  Amazon.jp seems more daunting.  

I want to do a Tenso trial with some product just so I get the pain of doing it out of the way.  But I'm somewhat nervous on losing $200+ by goofing it up.

Dec 16, 2012 at 1:09 PM Post #606 of 3,271
Also I haven't seen too many comments about comfort for these.  It seems like they are better than something like a triple-fi although they are indeed large.

Are these IEMs you can go a whole day with without fatigue?  

Dec 16, 2012 at 1:19 PM Post #607 of 3,271
These look big in pics but in reality they aren't that huge. When worn over ear the housing sits in your outer ear canal. Very comfy.  The mid and high drivers are both microHD size. The sub is the big one out back. Plus it looks cool. Will add to your sound geek reputation.

"Oh this thing out back? Those would be my subs!" lol.

Dec 16, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #608 of 3,271
Quote:
Is there like a Amazon.jp/Tenso for Dummies somewhere?

I already tried Rakuten and Tenso (signed up for an account with each)... trying to follow Tenso's instructions and putting my Tenso address in it complained about having Japanese characters in the address.  Amazon.jp seems more daunting.  

I want to do a Tenso trial with some product just so I get the pain of doing it out of the way.  But I'm somewhat nervous on losing $200+ by goofing it up.

also tried Rakuten but seller said somethng in Japanese like they out of stock or smthng. then ordered from amazon Japan and they took my money but the seller sent me a message like メーカーから当店入荷後当店から発送致します。
発送時、お届け業者、伝票番号等ご連絡いたしますのでよろしくお願いいたします。great 

Dec 16, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #609 of 3,271
I'll be honest and say that the fit is comfortable, but I get tired of wearing them after an hour. If I open my mouth to yawn I feel some pain from the earphones themselves, i think it is just because I am wearing them straight down unlike eric or dsnuts. But That is also probably my limit in earphone size as well. It is not that big like dsnuts said, and the sound that comes out of the fxz100s are magnificent. 10 hours burned-in and they are faring pretty well, and the sound is getting a bit better. 

Also, if you guys want a tutorial about tenso's service you can pm someone like dsnuts, eric, or me. Dsnuts also put some information about using tenso service. If all else fails, email tenso support and they will walk you through it.

Dec 16, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #610 of 3,271
Quote:
These look big in pics but in reality they aren't that huge. When worn over ear the housing sits in your outer ear canal. Very comfy.  The mid and high drivers are both microHD size. The sub is the big one out back. Plus it looks cool. Will add to your sound geek reputation.

"Oh this thing out back? Those would be my subs!" lol.

Do they stay put in your ears when you walk around ? Also, how's the isolation compare to other iems that you have experienced ? Thanks.

Dec 16, 2012 at 2:08 PM Post #611 of 3,271
Quote:
Do they stay put in your ears when you walk around ? Also, how's the isolation compare to other iems that you have experienced ? Thanks.

even shaking your head keeps them in, though it does feel like it will fall off. Putting them over ear and it will probably feel more comfortable and keep you secure in getting those IEMS stuck in your ears. Dsnuts will provide you his insights on both as well. Eric and danny would probably say the same thing, even velato.

Dec 16, 2012 at 2:17 PM Post #612 of 3,271
Dsnuts = Driving someone nuts. Code = broken.

Mission accomplished. His next task is to persuade JVC to create an over-ear headphone that sounds like FXZ100 and FXZ200. :D:D

Thanks for the detail response. I love sub as long as they are well control and detail that smooth out the rest of the frequency to add more weight for fuller sound, I'm for it.

Dec 16, 2012 at 2:19 PM Post #613 of 3,271
They are no more uncomfortable than the FXT90. To me it's basically the FXT90 shell with an extra (large) bump added in the back to hold the bass driver. I actually can wear them over ear quite comfortably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back