JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Dec 16, 2012 at 9:01 PM Post #646 of 3,271
How is comfort on these?

I didn't like the fit on TF10's and I'm concerned these might be similar.

Can these be worn with the cable over ear?

Dec 16, 2012 at 9:03 PM Post #647 of 3,271
Quote:
NICE, so it is imperative that we have both in our collection? Also, does that mean the fxz100 is not as good as the fxz200 now?

The FXZ100 is simply an amazing sounding iem. Its natural tonality layering fullness and detail level makes them an ideal earphone for all genres of music. The safe one to go with and a absolute steal for this level of sound for the cost. 

The FXZ200 has another level of sophistication in the sound. These separate themselves from the FXZ100 as you can tell the resolution in the sound is a notch above. What throws a loop in the whole thing is that the bass end is definitely more like a real sub woofer vs the lows of a dynamic sound.

I mean lets get real when one says more bass. The immediate thoughts of muddiness or those cheapo Chinese made earphones with all bass and almost no definition comes to mind. It is almost like these are showing how bass is done right for the first time. You take notice of a new experience in sound and for many of you guys including myself this FXZ200 is and will be a new experience in an earphone. The combination of refinement and that full bodied musical bass end with a sound that is so grand. These are the first earphones I can honestly say goes beyond just hearing it..You are immersed in it and feel every note the way it was intended..

Dec 16, 2012 at 9:06 PM Post #648 of 3,271
Oh, how's the cable on it? Is it good quality? Does it seem brittle at the ends where it terminates to the casing/headphone jack? Ds, how would you compare the build quality to CKM500s? (The only thing I have to go off for comparison purposes at the moment) or even over all sound? I'm sure FXZ200 is LEAGUES better than CKM500, but just for my own refrence. I'm already sold, but I'm just super curious.

EDIT: If by chance could you tell me how the song in my signature sounds? It's drum and bass, but it's beutifully mastered and the vocals are very nice, and the sub bass in the drop is one that few clubs I've heard this song dropped in, can acually handle.

Dec 16, 2012 at 9:20 PM Post #649 of 3,271
what just happened?!?!?!
I disappear for some days to focus on finals and all these threads are like 50 pages longer
eek.gif

Oh well. time to catch up I guess.

Dec 16, 2012 at 9:27 PM Post #650 of 3,271
Quote:
How is comfort on these?

I didn't like the fit on TF10's and I'm concerned these might be similar.

Can these be worn with the cable over ear?

These fit nothing like the TF10s. These fit easily and stay put with much comfort. No issues with fit for anyone so far.
Quote:
Oh, how's the cable on it? Is it good quality? Does it seem brittle at the ends where it terminates to the casing/headphone jack? Ds, how would you compare the build quality to CKM500s? (The only thing I have to go off for comparison purposes at the moment) or even over all sound? I'm sure FXZ200 is LEAGUES better than CKM500, but just for my own refrence. I'm already sold, but I'm just super curious.

The cable is solid quality. I wouldn't worry about the durability or the cable on these. Very solid on all fronts so far. As long as you don't throw them they should last a long time. No brittleness at all in the ends. One little gripe I do have with it is I wish it had an L connector instead of a straight connector.

The FXZ100 has more in common with the CKM500 than these FXZ200s. The AT earphone that does share a similar type tuning would be ATs CKS77. But lets get real here. Both these earphones can't touch these 2. 

The staging and scope of sound is much greater on the FXZ100 and imagery also takes a step back from them as well. The FXZ100 also has a much more natural tone and is less colored in the sound. The CKM500 would be a cheap mans version. The FXZ100 sounds more natural to me in every way from the highs to the textured bass. Definitely a higher end sound over them.

The CKS77 is a fun bass earphone with a big stage.. At one point I was convinced the CKS77 had a close to a 2.1 presentation for a single dynamic earphone there is. But when the real deal comes out. Lol. Not even close.

In an interesting note it is impressive how AT got that sound though. It turns out to be their air chamber that give the sound so much depth and stage. So I suppose if the new CKS1000 improves the resolution, definition in the sound it will be interesting to hear how those will be against the FXZ200.

Dec 16, 2012 at 9:43 PM Post #652 of 3,271
Quote:

The FXZ100 has more in common with the CKM500 than these FXZ200s. The AT earphone that does share a similar type tuning would be ATs CKS77. But lets get real here. Both these earphones can't touch these 2. 

The staging and scope of sound is much greater on the FXZ100 and imagery also takes a step back from them as well. The FXZ100 also has a much more natural tone and is less colored in the sound. The CKM500 would be a cheap mans version. The FXZ100 sounds more natural to me in every way from the highs to the textured bass. Definitely a higher end sound over them.

The CKS77 is a fun bass earphone with a big stage.. At one point I was convinced the CKS77 had a close to a 2.1 presentation for a single dynamic earphone there is. But when the real deal comes out. Lol. Not even close.

Hahaha I joined this site looking for the CHEAPEST best sounding IEM under $100, and the CKM500 definitely fit that bill, and I recommend them to anyone whos willing to drop $60 on earbuds, as a major upgrade from their HMV or BestBuy $20 cheapos. ever since I've been in love with my CKM500s but as many here can agree with, you're always left wanting more...........

So here I am, about to spend 210 bucks that I don't really have, on earbuds I don't really need.........

Who am I kidding. I need these.

So by 3D imagry and 2.1 presentation, does that mean it rivals some fullsized cans in terms of soundstage? Is there easiliy distinguishable 'dark space' between instruments?
This dual dynamic driver thing seems to me like black magic.

Dec 16, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #654 of 3,271
Quote:
Quote:
So by 3D imagry and 2.1 presentation, does that mean it rivals some fullsized cans in terms of soundstage? Is there easiliy distinguishable 'dark space' between instruments?

triple dynamic driver iem, which one of them is carbon nanotube
biggrin.gif

eek.gif
basshead.gif

BLACK MAGIC I SAYS!
BLACK MAGIC!

Dec 16, 2012 at 10:03 PM Post #655 of 3,271
I am really interested to write up a review for both of these babies in my review web,but it is really hard for me to get one hands on in my place(Malaysia).

If there anybody that can lend me his/her help to loan me for review purpose? :)

Earmass.com

Anyway,interesting design I must say.

Dec 16, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #657 of 3,271
Dec 16, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #658 of 3,271
Actually, check rakuten http://www.rakuten.co.jp/ . You can see that it is in the recommended shopping sites by tenso but the tenso site forwards you the the global rakuten site http://global.rakuten.com/en/ and its search is kinda messes up but if you go to the jp rakuten site and find and view an item, then the global version of the site will have those products in the recently viewd items. For instance http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/e-earphone/item/4975769408038/?s-id=borderless_browsehist_02_en which is roughly $205 for the FXZ200. There is a lot more stuff on rakuten than on amazon Japan and the sellers on amazon jp will have their items listed there too. According to my friend in Japan it is way more popular than amazon and you should be able to use the tenso forwarding service with rakuten the same way.

if i search for the fxz200 on rakuten en, nothing shows up
but if i click the direct fxz200 link above, it shows

anyone else getting this problem?

Dec 16, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #659 of 3,271
Quote:
Hahaha I joined this site looking for the CHEAPEST best sounding IEM under $100, and the CKM500 definitely fit that bill, and I recommend them to anyone whos willing to drop $60 on earbuds, as a major upgrade from their HMV or BestBuy $20 cheapos. ever since I've been in love with my CKM500s but as many here can agree with, you're always left wanting more...........

So here I am, about to spend 210 bucks that I don't really have, on earbuds I don't really need.........

Who am I kidding. I need these.

Yes. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back