JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Dec 28, 2012 at 11:15 AM Post #1,186 of 3,271
Quote:
No, he's saying both have extra there and is further emphasizing the issue. EQ problems probably have more to do with band pass issues than phase in the digital circuits commonly used.

I ran a 10-300hz sweep and am not sensing any peakiness here.  It seems to be barely audible at 10hz, a bit at 20 hz, then pretty even from about 30-70hz, then it ramps up maybe another 3-5 db from 80-150 and then begins a slight descent somewhere around 250.

The frequency response here is not atypical.  I think it's the control that is remarkable.

Dec 28, 2012 at 11:17 AM Post #1,187 of 3,271
A FXZ100 ear-treat!

Dec 28, 2012 at 11:18 AM Post #1,188 of 3,271
Quote:
No, he's saying both have extra there and is further emphasizing the issue. EQ problems probably have more to do with band pass issues than phase in the digital circuits commonly used.

thanks for the explanation, especially about the eq - i was not considering how eq would be implemented in a pmp.  

Dec 28, 2012 at 11:22 AM Post #1,189 of 3,271
Quote:
I might be interested if his prices are similar. Please let me know if he decides to sell them.

Changing your mind shotgunshane? 
beerchug.gif

I still haven't heard the FXZ200, but from the sound of the FXZ100, I'm telling you guys hearing is worth a thousand words. Sometimes we get caught on "words" that sway us in one direction or another, but you just haven't heard a sound like in a universal IEM before (especially this bass which helps enhance the rest of the sound spectrum). This is something new. Yes, I'm jumpstarting the hype-train again. lol

Dec 28, 2012 at 11:45 AM Post #1,190 of 3,271
Quote:
Well I decided to use my Christmas gift money and give the FXZ100 a try. I just have a feeling the FXZ200 will be to much bass for me so went the safer route.

Miow, I will be curious how the FXZ200 work out for you. I just received my K167's and will be curious how you find the bass of the FXZ200 in comparison. The K167's are not fully burned in and I am finding they have just about as much bass I would like in a headphone. BTW the K167 is a lot more comfortable and portable than I thought they were going to be. I am still not sure if they will replace my K550's or not but I think they are a heck a good headphone and with burnin, who knows...

So Back to the FXZ100, I placed an order on Amazon JP and signed up for the Amazon Prime free trial to get the free expedited shipping and payed via credit card. So now do I just wait for Tenso to contact me?

Hey dude, when you get you fxz100 could you tell me how the bass is compared to the akg's?  I just wanted to know if the bass on the akg's is light so I can rule them out of my future headphones list lol.
Thanks

Dec 28, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #1,191 of 3,271
Quote:

Just a quick note before you do that... I just popped the FXD-80s back in.  To my ears they have a similar quantity of bass, but 80s lack definition in the lower regions.  The 200s hold it together and provide a more coherent, fleshed out treble and much better mids.  Overall they're a bit warmer but much, much better.  I think it may be a bit of a disservice to consider these a basshead IEM.

2 questions sir.  Are you saying the 100's or 200's have similar bass quatity to the fxd80's?  Secondly is it the 100 or 200 you would consider a "disservice" to be branded a basshead IEM?

Dec 28, 2012 at 12:08 PM Post #1,192 of 3,271
Quote:
2 questions sir.  Are you saying the 100's or 200's have similar bass quatity to the fxd80's?  Secondly is it the 100 or 200 you would consider a "disservice" to be branded a basshead IEM?

I only have the 200s so I'm making the comparison to that.  I think it's a disservice as I think of a basshead IEM/phone as something that pushes things to the point where distortion comes in, causing lack of coherence/detail and to the detriment of other parts of the frequency spectrum, notably at the expense of the lower mids.  

So while the overall sound trends toward warm and the bass is definitely strong, it's done in a way that doesn't seem to impact fidelity.  The bass is detailed and gets out of the way.  It's not neutral, but it sounds natural, if that makes sense.

Dec 28, 2012 at 12:21 PM Post #1,195 of 3,271
Quote:

I only have the 200s so I'm making the comparison to that.  I think it's a disservice as I think of a basshead IEM/phone as something that pushes things to the point where distortion comes in, causing lack of coherence/detail and to the detriment of other parts of the frequency spectrum, notably at the expense of the lower mids.  

So while the overall sound trends toward warm and the bass is definitely strong, it's done in a way that doesn't seem to impact fidelity.  The bass is detailed and gets out of the way.  It's not neutral, but it sounds natural, if that makes sense.

...exactly, as if the bass is coming from a virtual subwoofer! not from the speakers and  not distorting their sound...if that makes sense.

For anyone who have the 200...go to 6:45...

Dec 28, 2012 at 12:27 PM Post #1,196 of 3,271
Quote:
has anyone compared these to other basshead iem's or over ear basshead headphones like the hippo vb's or xb500's?

Ya there is no comparison. There hasn't been anything this high quality sound wise with bass that I have heard. The FXZ200 I call the ultimate bass earphones because if you can choose the characteristics of a sound that includes bass these would be it. For many these will be the ultimate bass earphones. Up till now others with bass are always lacking on something be it quality in the bass presentation or recessed something or another. Not so with the FXZ200.. It is a quantum leap in sq while having one of the most astounding bass ends you can put into your ears. Having an actual Kelton sub woofer does that. These aren't just a leap in SQ they are a quantum leap in anything bass heavy I have heard. I own the new CKS1000 which is not a cheap bass phone and these FXZ200 really show them up. I can safely say if bass is a region you take seriously as well as having a very refined sound these are what you should be looking for..

For guys that now own the FXZ200 or even the FXZ100. Do yourself a favor and try watching your favorite movie using it. I am willing to guarantee you will smile from ear to ear. You just can't get this type of experience with anything else.

Dec 28, 2012 at 12:30 PM Post #1,197 of 3,271
Quote:
Ya there is no comparison. There hasn't been anything this high quality sound wise with bass that I have heard. The FXZ200 I call the ultimate bass earphones because if you can choose the characteristics of a sound that includes bass these would be it. For many these will be the ultimate bass earphones. Up till now others with bass are always lacking on something be it quality in the bass presentation or recessed something or another. Not so with the FXZ200.. It is a quantum leap in sq while having one of the most astounding bass ends you can put into your ears. Having an actual Kelton sub woofer does that. These aren't just a leap in SQ they are a quantum leap in anything bass heavy I have heard. I own the new CKS1000 which is not a cheap bass phone and these FXZ200 really show them up. I can safely say if bass is a region you take seriously as well as having a very refined sound these are what you should be looking for..

For guys that now own the FXZ200 or even the FXZ100. Do yourself a favor and try watching your favorite movie using it. I am willing to guarantee you will smile from ear to ear. You just can't get this type of experience with anything else.

T2 Bluray=======
happy_face1.gif
etysmile.gif
atsmile.gif

Dec 28, 2012 at 1:44 PM Post #1,200 of 3,271
Quote:
Huxley where are your headphones? Mine have reached customs :) 

They've been sitting at the customs hub since the 23rd

Just now checked and they've been cleared this morning.

Don't know if express 24 deliver on saturdays, so i'll probably have them monday.

Fingers crossed i got away with no charges, but i have a feeling i haven't got away with it.

We shall see.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back