JVC HA-FXT90 Thread
Jun 12, 2013 at 11:29 AM Post #1,816 of 2,211
Jun 13, 2013 at 11:47 AM Post #1,818 of 2,211
I've had my FXT-90s for just over a month now.  Got them from Amazon and had them shipped from Alexcious in Japan.  With expedited shipping they were shipped on a Tuesday and at my door on Saturday -- pretty damn quick for being an imported item.

Anyway, these are only my second foray into IEMs but so far I've thoroughly enjoyed them.  I didn't even bother using the JVC tips and instead picked up some Comply T400s.  I listen to mostly electronic, classic rock, and jazz; everything I've listened to has sounded great.  They're very balanced but my only complaint is that they don't have much of a soundstage and they're light on bass.

Jun 13, 2013 at 11:58 AM Post #1,819 of 2,211
My sexy Red FXT90 have left Tokyo and are now on their way to me. Hopefully I will have them by Monday - Tuesday next week. Cannot wait to try them out with some double flanges and my trance mixes.

Jun 13, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #1,823 of 2,211
Quote:
which double flange tips are you using?

Will try Brainwavz R1 and MEElec double flanges, see which ones fit better.
wink.gif

Quote:

Let me know how the bass sounds with those.  With Comply's, the bass is somewhat subdued.

Sure will, in my experience some good double flanges can improve bass quantity a fair bit.

Jun 14, 2013 at 2:18 AM Post #1,825 of 2,211
I would like to ask anyone here if they have any fit problem with the left earpiece of the black edtion? My new pair has the exact problem just like my old pair, left earpiece failed to fit, though it does create a seal so there aren't much bass leak :frowning2:
also is it right if the bass quantity on these is less than on the FX40s?

EDIT: I guess I will have to live with this. There's discomfort on the left earpiece, but since unbalance of L/R channel isnt big, I am okay with it. I dont believe in burn in either but this is the only method left, let's see how much improvement I will get after 50 hours of burning.

EDIT2: Apparently the bass didn't come out because the volume wasn't high enough (I am a low volume listener). Crank it up a little bit its there! 

Jun 15, 2013 at 1:08 AM Post #1,828 of 2,211
Quote:
I've found that in general, the best way to use cable winders is to roll your eyes and toss 'em

I spent $15 importing these, not gonna throw it away that easily

For the first time in 1 year and a half, I actually listen to music without RPGWIZARD's dolby config thanks to these IEMs. It's like they are telling me: "no thanks, we are good on our own" LIKE A BAWS

Jun 15, 2013 at 4:32 AM Post #1,829 of 2,211
My red FXT90 arrived in UK customs. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back