JVC HA-FXT90 Thread
Apr 14, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #1,771 of 2,211
Quote:
You're better off just playing fast paced and bassy music through them at 75% volume than using any of those sinus sweeping witchcraft things.

Quote:
Just play on looping you regular listened music on a slightly elevated (if possible, if not no probl) equalization on all available bands and a slightly elevated sound volume

sine waves and such although good for testing will not mimic all the sub frequencies regular music has playing on a given moment so it will not be an ideal burn in process

Alright. Will continue to burn in with the methods recommended. So far, i have just burn in my fxt-90 for around 40 hrs. Normally 7 hrs per day(i dont wish to let my headset's lifespan becomes shorter). I will test it day by by day to feel the transformation. I can feel it sounds more comfortable and balance now.

I m using samsung galaxy note 2 as my source. I prefer songs with file size of 10 mb and above with 32bits/320kbs, 44199Hz. I find music with this character sound nice and detailed. But i dont  quite understand how come music with such character sounds better. It is always hard to find this kind of song. Although i have ripped song from my original CD using power DVD or windows media player, i still feel the song is a bit lacking. The file size is just around 4mb and in WMA format.  

Michael Buble's "always on my mind" this kind of music is consider a jazz?i like to listen to this kinda of music.  

Apr 17, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #1,772 of 2,211
Been listening pretty much exclusively to my music through these IEMs. They are truly fantastic.

That said, I sometimes experience two quirks that others have mentioned, and I am wondering how prevalent these problems are. I am also wondering - since I got my pair used - if the problem is these IEMs (the 90s) wear down quickly?

The problems are:

1. Sometimes the full volume takes a bit to kick in. I'm listening to music and it's at moderate volume. Then all of a sudden it "ramps up" to full volume, all at once. NO, it's NOT a fit issue, as it happens independent of whether I make any adjustments to the fit. Also, the change is very sudden and absolute, like someone switches an "on/off" switch. Happens occassionally, not a show stopper, but not something I like.

2. Often, the volume just seems a bit louder in the right ear. I'd say this is about a third of time or more, so this is clearly the bigger problem in my mind.

Overall, these are great for all the reasons others have mentioned. I'm just wondering about others' experience, and if there's anything I can do about these issues or if there is a history of these problems, as the IEMs age.

Thanks

Apr 18, 2013 at 6:36 PM Post #1,774 of 2,211
Been listening pretty much exclusively to my music through these IEMs. They are truly fantastic.

That said, I sometimes experience two quirks that others have mentioned, and I am wondering how prevalent these problems are. I am also wondering - since I got my pair used - if the problem is these IEMs (the 90s) wear down quickly?

The problems are:

1. Sometimes the full volume takes a bit to kick in. I'm listening to music and it's at moderate volume. Then all of a sudden it "ramps up" to full volume, all at once. NO, it's NOT a fit issue, as it happens independent of whether I make any adjustments to the fit. Also, the change is very sudden and absolute, like someone switches an "on/off" switch. Happens occassionally, not a show stopper, but not something I like.

2. Often, the volume just seems a bit louder in the right ear. I'd say this is about a third of time or more, so this is clearly the bigger problem in my mind.

Overall, these are great for all the reasons others have mentioned. I'm just wondering about others' experience, and if there's anything I can do about these issues or if there is a history of these problems, as the IEMs age.

Thanks

The second is exactly what I had and I fixed it by swapping the rubber pieces over. One had got slightly stuck a little pushed in and was messing with the volume. Fiddle with them and see if that works.

Apr 23, 2013 at 6:38 PM Post #1,778 of 2,211

The problems are:

Thanks

You're better off playing fast and pumping music through them at 75% volume.

Like trance, drum and bass or dubstep. Better yet a mixture of all 3.

Apr 26, 2013 at 11:58 AM Post #1,779 of 2,211
So I managed to sent my (defective) pairs back to Japan and ask for warranty. The guy whom I "hired" to help me out told me that JVC will charge me 1500 yen ($15) to check and repair my pair, and they will charge me another 1500 yen if it was my fault (i.e. intentionally break it open). Now that I really regret gluing them back together. should have left them like that and sent them back immerdiatly :frowning2:

Apr 28, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #1,780 of 2,211
ok, read through pretty much all of this thread - which is a superb (as usual on head fi) resource of info....

I am after trying some comply tips, people seem to try 400's or 500's - which are the better / easier fit??

thanks

Apr 28, 2013 at 3:03 PM Post #1,781 of 2,211
Quote:
ok, read through pretty much all of this thread - which is a superb (as usual on head fi) resource of info....

I am after trying some comply tips, people seem to try 400's or 500's - which are the better / easier fit??

thanks

Fit should be 400´s, either t/tx or ts/tsx 

Ts highly recommended, better universal fit does not need to go as deep as t/tx. comply T are better fit on reverse to effectively grab the first inner ear area
Ts medium ones seem to be the most popular
Ts used to be hard to source in europe not anymore, widely avail on amazon example
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Comply-TS-400-Comfort-Earphone-Medium/dp/B00AQU2TNU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367175594&sr=8-1&keywords=comply+ts-400

Apr 28, 2013 at 3:58 PM Post #1,782 of 2,211
many thanks for that,

i quite like the look of the s-series ones as well so may get a small selection. However, I'll try non bi-flange silicone tips first :)

May 11, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #1,783 of 2,211
good news (for me) guys, the FXT90 pair I sent back to japan, JVC has checked and confirmed it was a defective pair and agree to give me a new one. There goes my $15, but faith in JVC restored~

also bump to give these IEMs more attention

May 15, 2013 at 10:34 AM Post #1,785 of 2,211
I just got a like new pair from Amazon warehouse, L2s. Wow.

I am very excited about the sounds coming out of my FLAC files on my clip plus.

I've been using the GR 07 almost exclusively for a couple weeks and these seem to complement perfectly. I love the signature and cannot wait for mental burn in to make them sound even better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back