JVC HA-FXT90 Thread
Nov 11, 2012 at 5:43 AM Post #1,651 of 2,211
After reading most of this thread I decided to get a pair of these. I really like these! I use them most of the day at work. I will however be trying some different tips as my ears are a little sensitive to the stock ones. Still these are the best iem's I have heard ( I am by no means an audio file). :)

Nov 14, 2012 at 5:49 AM Post #1,652 of 2,211
Hi guys, help me out with this. I found the best fit wearing them over ears but the the stereo channels are switched. Is there any kind of adapter I can use to switch the channels back while wearing them over ears? Thanks in advance. 

Nov 14, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #1,653 of 2,211
Hi guys, help me out with this. I found the best fit wearing them over ears but the the stereo channels are switched. Is there any kind of adapter I can use to switch the channels back while wearing them over ears? Thanks in advance. 

Wearing them over ear shouldn't switch the channels. They are meant to be worn over ear. You mean you can't get a good fit wearing them correctly?

Nov 14, 2012 at 10:50 PM Post #1,654 of 2,211
Wearing them over ear shouldn't switch the channels. They are meant to be worn over ear. You mean you can't get a good fit wearing them correctly?

Hi gnarlsagan, thanks for chipping in. You are right that I was not wearing them correctly but have found the right way to get them to sit in nicely now after some trial and error. Thanks again.

Nov 29, 2012 at 4:58 PM Post #1,655 of 2,211
Bought these 2 weeks ago from Futureshop in Canada for $89.They sound absolutely fantastic! but the cable seems a bit thin,how's the durability on these? The jacks were often first to go on my previous iem's and i'd love for these to last as long as possible. Any tips/precautions I should take? Any suggestion's appreciated.

-Cheers :D 

Nov 29, 2012 at 5:32 PM Post #1,656 of 2,211
The cables don't feel that thin to me but actually very durable comparing to my friend's re0. The way I take care of my fxt90 is try to put it in the hard case that came with the headphones when I'm not using them it might be a hassle in the beginning but eventually you won't regret it when someone accidentally sit on them. As for tips, stock medium fits me just fine so I can't give you any tips there.

PS: I got mine for 79 in futureshop :D

Dec 10, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #1,659 of 2,211
Just bought the limited edition one from accessoryjack for 120$ shipped. Can't wait to hear them.

Question: Will the Comply TX-400 fit these?

Dec 11, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #1,661 of 2,211
Quote:
The cables don't feel that thin to me but actually very durable comparing to my friend's re0. The way I take care of my fxt90 is try to put it in the hard case that came with the headphones when I'm not using them it might be a hassle in the beginning but eventually you won't regret it when someone accidentally sit on them. As for tips, stock medium fits me just fine so I can't give you any tips there.
PS: I got mine for 79 in futureshop
biggrin.gif

really?? i was watch the prices on these but they were $90 for the past month at futureshop...hmmm

Dec 12, 2012 at 8:10 AM Post #1,663 of 2,211
Excuse my ignorance about this website but 100+ pages is too much for me to read. Could someone simply answer what the difference is between the JVC HA-FXT90 and the JVC HA-FXT90L2, besides the obvious that it's limited edition and different colors? I read here http://www.audiocubes.com/product_info.php?products_id=3101 that Kenwood fine tuned them more but they don't go into much detail. I read somewhere else that the vocals aren't as good and the bass is heavier but I can't find where I read this.

So if anyone knows the actual technical or just has first hand experience and can explain more in depth the difference between the L2 and regular model FXT90 I would appreciate it very much.

Dec 13, 2012 at 1:57 AM Post #1,664 of 2,211
Just bought used FXT90LTD last week to replace my dead Fischer Eterna V1.  Very happy with the SQ of FXT90LTD; IMHO compared to Eterna it has wider soundstage, more prominent treble, more transparent sound, more clarity, less isolation and less bass punch (but might be due to the fact that I couldn't get a good seal on my left ear with silicone eartips).  Planning to do these two mods tonight to address the issues *fingers crossed*:
1.  http://www.ahkang.org/audio/IEM_foam_mod.html
2.  http://www.head-fi.org/t/383917/how-to-best-custom-tips-for-iems-ever-imho-with-pics

Users who are viewing this thread

Back