JVC HA-FXT90 Thread
May 21, 2012 at 11:30 PM Post #1,531 of 2,211
Quote:

I come from CK100 and I don't find these treble heavy, in fact they're quite bass oriented. 
FXT90 is relatively balanced, though at times the bass does dominate over mids and treble (especially for Diana Krall and some other Jazz tracks) 

hmm :/ what about the whole treble vs. mids thing, about flat?

I do use a Z02 amp XD so I was kinda hoping on these being slightly bass anemic, but I'm a moderate bass head, I listen to the Z02 on green-yellow. 

What amp do you use the FXT900 with?

May 21, 2012 at 11:42 PM Post #1,532 of 2,211
Quote:
hmm :/ what about the whole treble vs. mids thing, about flat?

I do use a Z02 amp XD so I was kinda hoping on these being slightly bass anemic, but I'm a moderate bass head, I listen to the Z02 on green-yellow. 

What amp do you use the FXT900 with?

The mids and treble have about the same presence, and is incredibly smooth. These are by no means bass monster, it's just more dominant than the top.
I don't use an amp for these, I just plug directly into iPhone4 or X1060

May 22, 2012 at 9:31 AM Post #1,533 of 2,211
If any of my fellow head-fiers down south (U.S.A) still want a pair, I have two (still sealed) available. As I have mentioned before this is just in good faith. If no one wants them, then I'll just return them. So please PM only if you are serious.

May 22, 2012 at 9:56 AM Post #1,534 of 2,211
Quote:

I never felt the need to use ZO2 with these. Already enough bass for me that adding bass from ZO2 is an overkill.

May 22, 2012 at 9:58 AM Post #1,535 of 2,211
Quote:
If any of my fellow head-fiers down south (U.S.A) still want a pair, I have two (still sealed) available. As I have mentioned before this is just in good faith. If no one wants them, then I'll just return them. So please PM only if you are serious.

Guys, grab these in case anyone missed the deal or was not able to order. 

May 22, 2012 at 12:45 PM Post #1,536 of 2,211
Reply sent to all who contacted me about the HA-FXT90. I am willing to sell at cost - total, shipped to the US - $85.-.

This includes the cost of the headphone: $57 ( $99+taxes / 2) plus $20 for shipping (if actual cost is significantly less, I refund the difference) and paypal fees.

I have just checked Future shop in store - they are all sold out ...

May 22, 2012 at 2:13 PM Post #1,537 of 2,211
Quote:
Reply sent to all who contacted me about the HA-FXT90. I am willing to sell at cost - total, shipped to the US - $85.-.

This includes the cost of the headphone: $57 ( $99+taxes / 2) plus $20 for shipping (if actual cost is significantly less, I refund the difference) and paypal fees.

I have just checked Future shop in store - they are all sold out ...

I'm doing the same for some people and total cost is <$75 with shipping (no tracking/confirmation) just fyi.

May 22, 2012 at 3:46 PM Post #1,539 of 2,211
^^I tried listening to "Show Me How To Live by Audioslave". To be frank, at greenish yellow and yellow, the sound becomes quite overwhelmed by the mid bass hump ringing. It's kind of boomy and muddy when I take the reference from the lowest contour.

May 22, 2012 at 4:35 PM Post #1,540 of 2,211
Quote:
I'm doing the same for some people and total cost is <$75 with shipping (no tracking/confirmation) just fyi.

Well, if people like shipment with no tracking - of course it would cost less (and as indicated, if the actual cost is less: I refund the money...)

I however have lost packages sent to me by others, and have sent packages that were lost (both without tracking) - so since then I avoid using shipment methods with no tracking...

This is not to make a profit - but to help out fellow Head-fi -ers...

May 22, 2012 at 4:53 PM Post #1,541 of 2,211
Quote:
^^I tried listening to "Show Me How To Live by Audioslave". To be frank, at greenish yellow and yellow, the sound becomes quite overwhelmed by the mid bass hump ringing. It's kind of boomy and muddy when I take the reference from the lowest contour.

damn :/ what about the absolute lowest level? Because of me that usually decreases the bass level, less so than the unamped headphones. 

May 22, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #1,544 of 2,211
Quote:
new sealed 0o? fxt90s?  not fake0o !? Why? 

He got them for $50 CAD + tax, which shouldn't come out to more than $60.

I got mine from the deal from a fellow head-fi'er for $64 shipped to me in the Deep South of the US. $21 less than what he wants. 

May 23, 2012 at 12:09 AM Post #1,545 of 2,211
Quote:
He got them for $50 CAD + tax, which shouldn't come out to more than $60.

I got mine from the deal from a fellow head-fi'er for $64 shipped to me in the Deep South of the US. $21 less than what he wants. 

Oh well I can't find a better deal than this so :p, but still not feeling the FXT90 over the MTDs or MTPs or CKS77s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back