JVC HA-FXT90 Thread
Jan 12, 2012 at 6:54 PM Post #1,021 of 2,211

Quote:

Amongst other places, you can get the JAYs on Ebay.

What Complys are you using? The Ts-400s should fit just fine.

I feel the same about Monster supertips... just too damn expensive. I actually brought my last pair super-cheap, from a fellow headfier... though unfortunatly they're too big (large). If you're like to trade something for them, PM me.

Thanks!  I will check out ebay.

I do have the TS-400's and they are really a tight fit.  I don't want to force them all the way on and damage them.  Should they really go on easily?

I would love to trade something for the Supertips but I am in the US.  They probably would be too large for me as well, as the medium OEM tips seem to be close to a good fit.

I can't tell if I am just used to a deep insertion from the triple flanges I wore for the last 3 years, of if these others are too big..lol  I feel like anything that isn't crammed into my brain is too big.

Jan 13, 2012 at 10:24 AM Post #1,024 of 2,211
I just got my fxt90 yesterday. I'm listening with fuze+e11(no LO). I didn't notice so much sound difference with amp but bass improvement on e11 works very well with fxt90. fxt90 can handle even bass boost lvl2 with no distortion.

I'm gonna write more impressions after burn-in. (They are burned about 15hours yet).

Edit: I also listened them with black small stock tips. Waiting for your tip suggestion as a basshead
L3000.gif

Jan 13, 2012 at 2:22 PM Post #1,025 of 2,211
After weeks of deliberation over an upgrade this thread has almost tipped me from the GR07 to the FXT90.

Page 1 was the first time I've read about the importance of impedance in maximising IEM performance though. I'm using a rockboxed iPod 5.5g, supposedly with an impedance of 32ohms, which seems positively gargantuan in comparison to the recommendations.

Could this negatively affect performance? Should I be considering a portable amp?

Jan 13, 2012 at 3:30 PM Post #1,026 of 2,211

Quote:
Thanks!  I will check out ebay.

I do have the TS-400's and they are really a tight fit.  I don't want to force them all the way on and damage them.  Should they really go on easily?

I would love to trade something for the Supertips but I am in the US.  They probably would be too large for me as well, as the medium OEM tips seem to be close to a good fit.

I can't tell if I am just used to a deep insertion from the triple flanges I wore for the last 3 years, of if these others are too big..lol  I feel like anything that isn't crammed into my brain is too big.

Ts series are only available in medium size, and this medium size is actually equivalent to a large size T series in terms of fit.

If your ear canals are on the small side, you won't feel very comfortable with Ts400... I'd go for small size T400 then.

With my huge ear canals I can insert Ts400 easily without even compressing them first. And these are about the only tips which will give me a proper seal with IE8 and FX700, for example.

Jan 13, 2012 at 3:35 PM Post #1,027 of 2,211
Yes, it should affect performance, there's going to be bass roll-off for sure with that player so your subbass will go missing. Even the E6 will help in this case. 

Been idle for a while due a hectic month in December and limited internet access. Will update this thread soon with the new impressions and comparisons. 

Also rest assured, I am starting to work on my review. Even though I'm selling my pair (and pretty much every IEM that I own, the rest being loaners), I may borrow one if I need to. 

Jan 13, 2012 at 4:19 PM Post #1,028 of 2,211

Quote:
Ts series are only available in medium size, and this medium size is actually equivalent to a large size T series in terms of fit.

If your ear canals are on the small size, you won't feel very comfortable with Ts400... I'd go for small size T400 then.

With my huge ear canals I can insert Ts400 easily without even compressing them first. And these are about the only tips which will give me a proper seal with IE8 and FX700, for example.

I am wondering how to get the TS properly on the IEM not so much getting it in my ear.  It felt pretty comfy when I did try them, I just didn't like how they fit on the "shaft" so I pulled them off for the MEE double flange as I was on my way out the door.

Jan 13, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #1,029 of 2,211

Quote:
hey SS thanks much for the feedback I was kinda wondering about that, my next step was to taking a look at the Sures IEM nozzle that they use to display the tips with? though they do have a list for picking tips tool that lists Sonys EX300 & the EX500 nozzles as for fitting with the sensorcom earportz tips? which I thought had as large of a nozzle as the EX600s that I have? did you ever try the sensorcoms tips out on some IEMs that have a finer nozzle, if so what was you impression of them? I imagine not very good else you would have mentioned them with all of the tip talk going on here with the FXT90s,  but of course though they won't fit the larger nozzle of the FTX90s anyways, thanks for any further input, I'm mostly just curious now, as you mention they won't fit in using them with the EX600s
triportsad.gif
, thanks btw you saved me a few rubbles!

They don't fit on anything I have but the Future Sonics Atrios.  They have the same nozzle size as Shure SE, Westone and Earsonics.  Unfortunatly I can't tell you how good they are.  I bought one large pair from another head-fier.  They are earportz larges but in reality they are extra large in size.  I would need mediums, which would be larges with any other tip manufacturer.  Confusing huh?

Jan 15, 2012 at 5:27 PM Post #1,030 of 2,211
I' ve been listening to the fxt90 a lot now and I just had to get here to tell how much I love them.
First I had problems with the stock medium tips being too big, but somehow they start to feel quite good now.
I cant describe why I like these so much, but they just make me smile all the time.

Jan 15, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #1,031 of 2,211
Well I have been listening to my GR07s for around 100ish hours now and REALLY love them, though I am coming from Atrios and I feel like I am missing the oomph, like they are soft for lack of a better word. Some tracks sound incredible, where others (usually hip hop) where there is a lot of sub bass, tend to be lacking excitement. Dont get me wrong, the sub bass is there, but it is not felt (again for lack of a better term). Does the FXT90 have what I am looking for? Are they as good at everything else the way the GR07 is but with that little bit extra? 

Jan 15, 2012 at 8:52 PM Post #1,032 of 2,211

Quote:
Well I have been listening to my GR07s for around 100ish hours now and REALLY love them, though I am coming from Atrios and I feel like I am missing the oomph, like they are soft for lack of a better word. Some tracks sound incredible, where others (usually hip hop) where there is a lot of sub bass, tend to be lacking excitement. Dont get me wrong, the sub bass is there, but it is not felt (again for lack of a better term). Does the FXT90 have what I am looking for? Are they as good at everything else the way the GR07 is but with that little bit extra? 

I think so and that's only one reason I am expecting my second pair after selling the first.
An excellent sounding IEM.
The FXT90 have more dynamic range and as some have said (that own both GR07 and FXT90) are more musical and fun vs the V-sonics.  Another head-fi'er explained that with the GR07, you're sitting towards the back of the concert hall while you are reading and with the FXT's, you're in the first row tapping your feet and bobbing your head with the music.

Jan 15, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #1,033 of 2,211

Quote:
I think so and that's only one reason I am expecting my second pair after selling the first.
An excellent sounding IEM.
The FXT90 have more dynamic range and as some have said (that own both GR07 and FXT90) are more musical and fun vs the V-sonics.  Another head-fi'er explained that with the GR07, you're sitting towards the back of the concert hall while you are reading and with the FXT's, you're in the first row tapping your feet and bobbing your head with the music.

Whoever told you that is lying. Compare and contrast joker's reviews of the GR07 and FXT90. He himself said that the GR07 has good dynamics.

Jan 15, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #1,034 of 2,211
The GR07 dynamics aren't compressed, but they aren't as wide and expansive as the FXT90s. Joker will agree. 

Jan 15, 2012 at 9:36 PM Post #1,035 of 2,211

Quote:
The GR07 dynamics aren't compressed, but they aren't as wide and expansive as the FXT90s. Joker will agree. 

That's true, but they're not lacking like some are trying to make it seem. I bet 70% of those people don't even know what dynamic range is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back