JVC HA-FXT90 Thread
Dec 5, 2011 at 12:51 PM Post #783 of 2,211
OK cool, thaks very much.
I do like the stock tips but I've seen people mentioning deeper fit, triple flanges and all kinds of stuff.
Just wondered if any would increase or improve the sound drastically enough to warrant spending any money? (Not that I have any issues with the sound from the stock tips at all)

Dec 5, 2011 at 2:29 PM Post #784 of 2,211
Just received my return set of JVC's, this time the right driver has flex and not the left - It sounds fine though, and I'm using comply's anyway so I don't get it - I'll just live with it, as long as the sound doesn't diminish it's all cool
biggrin.gif

Really interested in the Tandems in comparison to these, might treat myself for Christmas
redface.gif

Dec 6, 2011 at 8:49 AM Post #785 of 2,211
Just got these last weekend, still burning them in and figuring out their sound.  One issue I'm having is a serious lack of isolation - so far I have tried the stock tips and the tips from the Monster SuperTips "variety pack" - currently using the smallest foam hybrids but they really don't isolate that well.  What tips are you guys using for good isolation - I saw the Meelec tri-flanges mentioned, do they do a decent job of blocking out noise?  Any others I should look at?

Thanks!

Dec 6, 2011 at 10:53 AM Post #786 of 2,211
I got mine today. I like their sound out of the box, but thats not saying much as all I have are a pair of Creative EP-640s to compare to. Right now I feel like there should be a tiny bit more bass, but I'm sure that will sort itself out once they're burned in properly. However, I can't help but feel these are "nothing to write home about" when compare to my $50 creatives. Once again, I hope its only because they still need to be burned in. I'm listening to Orbital's Altogether (320kbps Zune 120GB) right now.

Dec 6, 2011 at 11:00 AM Post #787 of 2,211
I will agree on the bass, I could do with a tad more too... but I have to say that the clarity, separation and overall sound makes up for the slight lack of bass... I think it's mainly sub bass it lacks in, as you say, this may change over time anyway.

Dec 6, 2011 at 2:27 PM Post #789 of 2,211
I use the Meelec/Vsonic biflanges with my T90's. Either one provides sufficient isolation for my intents and purposes. I for one definitely don't find the low end lacking, especially in terms of quantity. My advice, if the bass is found lacking, it's more than likely that the perfect seal hasn't been achieved, in which case I'd opt for different tips. As our friend shotgunshane said a few pages back, "As a general rule, smaller bore attenuates treble.  Bass is affected by seal."

Dec 6, 2011 at 2:32 PM Post #790 of 2,211

Quote:
I use the Meelec/Vsonic biflanges with my T90's. Either one provides sufficient isolation for my intents and purposes. I for one definitely don't find the low end lacking, especially in terms of quantity. My advice, if the bass is found lacking, it's more than likely that the perfect seal hasn't been achieved, in which case I'd opt for different tips. As our friend shotgunshane said a few pages back, "As a general rule, smaller bore attenuates treble.  Bass is affected by seal."

i just placed an order for the Meelec biflangs "balanced version"  I got a shipping notice from them in literally like 2 minutes after payment went. i know thats just the label being printed, but damn! that was fast.  i really like those guys.  

Dec 6, 2011 at 5:00 PM Post #791 of 2,211

Quote:

Any idea where I can get these tips in the UK?
I've checked ebay and they don't seem to have these tips.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

Dec 6, 2011 at 7:13 PM Post #792 of 2,211

Quote:
i just placed an order for the Meelec biflangs "balanced version"  I got a shipping notice from them in literally like 2 minutes after payment went. i know thats just the label being printed, but damn! that was fast.  i really like those guys.  

can you post up the link where you got them? so many options on the meelec site.

Dec 6, 2011 at 7:32 PM Post #793 of 2,211

Quote:
can you post up the link where you got them? so many options on the meelec site.

sure http://www.meelec.com/product_p/tipset3-bf50m-mtn-gy.htm

and here is what he said about the "balanced" tips

Thank you for contacting MEElectronics. The ‘balanced’ double-flange eartip is a little bit thicker than the black ‘bass’ double-flange that comes stock on the M9. It acts to cut down on bass presence and bring up the midrange a little bit, balancing out the sound of the M9. It is mostly intended for audiophiles and we’ve received comments ranging from “these make a huge difference” to “they are exactly the same”. I prefer the ‘balanced’ tips myself.

2.79$ shipping i think it was and i had tax here in CA so it was expensive for 3 sets of tips. 

Dec 6, 2011 at 8:28 PM Post #794 of 2,211

Quote:

I'll order a pair of those biflanges and see how effective they are. Failing which I'll get the Monster Supertips mixed platter. I just gave them a slight EQ nudge on the my Clip+, and they really seem to love it. Makes me wonder if I should upgrade the hard disk (30gb) in my Ipod video, or get me a Fiio E11 for use with my Zune 120 (It's served me well for over 3 years now, I would really be sad to let it go).

Edit: Both Clip+ and Ipod run Rockbox.
Re-Edit: The more I listen to these, the more I'm sure they will do well with amping. I've been listening to trance for the past 2 hours or so and I've cranked the volume to 75% (15) on my Zune, there's so much to hear now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back