JVC HA-FXT90 Thread
Aug 18, 2011 at 8:24 PM Post #17 of 2,211

Quote:
I also need the mesh inserts that sit between the rubber ear insert and the drivers

Don't know about the mesh filter, but you can get Comply Tx series that come with filter - though I am not quite sure which size fits, since I haven't been able to get Tx400 on my fxt90 yet.

Aug 19, 2011 at 9:10 PM Post #19 of 2,211
These will be proper filters you can use to replace the ones that went loose on you. Pretty amazed they fell off, mine are very sturdy.  

That kit also includes biflange tips what go well with these, but you can also try the Meelec "Balanced" biflanges. 

Oct 7, 2011 at 3:34 PM Post #21 of 2,211
The FXT90's landed today.  I'm pretty impressed.  They are very enjoyable and compare favorably against my other IEMS.  I'm already closing in on a couple of hours listening back and forth with it and the FX700's.  JVC is making a mistake not offering these in the States.

Oct 7, 2011 at 7:42 PM Post #22 of 2,211

Quote:
The FXT90's landed today.  I'm pretty impressed.  They are very enjoyable and compare favorably against my other IEMS.  I'm already closing in on a couple of hours listening back and forth with it and the FX700's.  JVC is making a mistake not offering these in the States.

How would you compare fxt90 with fx700?

Oct 7, 2011 at 8:02 PM Post #23 of 2,211

I agree completely, these are both practical and sonically versatile because of their good and yet pleasant balance. These would easily sell here. After shotgunshane's session, I'm going to compare these to the GR07 and Fischer Audio Tandem (another dual driver dynamic) and will post impressions here. 

Oct 7, 2011 at 8:39 PM Post #25 of 2,211
Quote:

I'll post more impressions on Sunday.  For now I'll say they're like the little brother to the FX700 and they share a lot in common.

Looking forward to your impressions. Yours too Inks. FX700's are a little boomy for me but they maintain great timbre during low volume listening.

Oct 7, 2011 at 8:44 PM Post #26 of 2,211

Quote:
Quote:

Looking forward to your impressions. Yours too Inks. FX700's are a little boomy for me but they maintain great timbre during low volume listening.

So far I'd say the FXT90's are just a bit more boomy than the FX700's but it doesn't bother me.  The timbre, soundstage and musicality are all very good.

Quote:

I agree completely, these are both practical and sonically versatile because of their good and yet pleasant balance. These would easily sell here. After shotgunshane's session, I'm going to compare these to the GR07 and Fischer Audio Tandem (another dual driver dynamic) and will post impressions here.  

It takes a little bit to get used to the GR07 when you switch back b/c the FXT90 is so much more energetic and dynamic but once my ears adjust after 60 seconds or so, all the goodness of the GR07 comes back to me.

Oct 8, 2011 at 12:49 AM Post #27 of 2,211
Thing is, while the FX700's have more midbass, the FXT90's bass is more midbass oriented if that makes sense. I though the two were close in "boomy" bass and if anything the FXT90s were a bit less.  The FX700's had far too much midbass at higher volumes though, while the FXT90s fared better. You have the upper hand to correct me though, I can't say for certain as I didn't compare the two all that much. 

Between the top 3 JVCs (FX700/FX500/FXT90) , I'll say the FXT90s are the most balanced. 

Oct 8, 2011 at 1:15 AM Post #28 of 2,211

Quote:
Between the top 3 JVCs (FX700/FX500/FXT90) , I'll say the FXT90s are the most balanced. 

That's how I felt during my brief demo with the three.  As a basshead, I enjoyed FX700 most, but couldn't afford it.

Oct 8, 2011 at 2:18 AM Post #30 of 2,211
Timbre is definitely great. Similar to the EQ7 with a brighter tone, yet retaining that thick note.

Updated the buying guide on the first page. AccessoryJack is my current recommendation as it's the lowest priced international seller that can provide warranty service. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back