JVC HA-FW01 - The New Top End Wood Driver IEM (2017)
Apr 21, 2017 at 4:00 PM Post #301 of 780
I keep coming back here, because I admire the FW01 a lot ,even though I already sold them, but I still think of them (U12 and Layla are other iems,that I think if I have a chance I will buy them back). I already found my one iems, which are the Aroma witch girl 12 drivers, but price/performance for my taste the FW01 beat everything. My permanent iems are now the Witch girl 12 and iSine20 and I am still rolling my daps and  other iems, I think  I may buy the FW01 back someday (the secondhand price is so cheap right now)

Apr 21, 2017 at 4:05 PM Post #302 of 780
Hi, can you tell me how are the microphonics/cable noise on these when you wear the earphones cable down? thanks

There is very slight microphonics when the cable is moving around abit..being an 8 braid as well which means its thicker and heavier..i havent found it to intrude on the sound though. I have other cables that are thick and on the stiffer side and they have higher levels of microphonics. Oc studios are very flexible amd compliant.

Apr 21, 2017 at 4:21 PM Post #304 of 780
Could just go for the four braid for maximum ergonomics. the fw01 is more secure fit for my ears compared to fx1200, but im sure our experiences are all different in this regard.

Yes, the weight balance was improved with the FW01, so it sits more snugly in the ear.

Apr 22, 2017 at 10:40 PM Post #307 of 780
Would really love to see jvc go all out on a woodie iem, maybe a double dd driver woodie or even a hybrid, and do it without charging crazy 2k plus prices that can stick it to totl iems from other companies..break the trend of totl iem prices that keep on rising in price. Of jvc can do this kinda sound quality (fw01) and charge 350-400usd, can't imagine what they can do with an iem in the 800-1100usd price bracket. Which is the price point that i personally believe for iems, the law diminishing returns really start to hit hard

Apr 22, 2017 at 11:59 PM Post #308 of 780
Would really love to see jvc go all out on a woodie iem, maybe a double dd driver woodie or even a hybrid, and do it without charging crazy 2k plus prices that can stick it to totl iems from other companies..break the trend of totl iem prices that keep on rising in price. Of jvc can do this kinda sound quality (fw01) and charge 350-400usd, can't imagine what they can do with an iem in the 800-1100usd price bracket. Which is the price point that i personally believe for iems, the law diminishing returns really start to hit hard

Very very true. I haven't gotten my FW's yet. They'll be here in a few days. Ordered on amazon for 430 USD. Checked on Ebay after and they had it for like 230, haha. But oh well, still worth it, I bet. Can't wait to hear the sound of these. People have me so hyped to experience it.

Apr 23, 2017 at 12:58 AM Post #309 of 780
Very very true. I haven't gotten my FW's yet. They'll be here in a few days. Ordered on amazon for 430 USD. Checked on Ebay after and they had it for like 230, haha. But oh well, still worth it, I bet. Can't wait to hear the sound of these. People have me so hyped to experience it.

Hope you enjoy the fw01 as much as i do.
Im curious to upgrade my dac amp to something more resolving and more powerful. Somehow i get the feeling that the fw01 will break new ground if paired with a powerful amp that is clean and detailed at the same time.

Apr 23, 2017 at 1:16 AM Post #310 of 780
Hope you enjoy the fw01 as much as i do.
Im curious to upgrade my dac amp to something more resolving and more powerful. Somehow i get the feeling that the fw01 will break new ground if paired with a powerful amp that is clean and detailed at the same time.

Why does everyone always talk about powering these IEMs with an amp to make them sound better. They're only 16 ohms, they don't need an amp. Better DAC, sure, but they don't need amplification.

Apr 23, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #311 of 780

Why does everyone always talk about powering these IEMs with an amp to make them sound better. They're only 16 ohms, they don't need an amp. Better DAC, sure, but they don't need amplification.

You're right to say the FW01 is highly sensitive, but some users look to change the tonal quality either with external amplification or a DAC/amp.

Apr 23, 2017 at 11:16 PM Post #312 of 780

Sharing my experience here. The fx1200 and fw01 share the same impedance but my fw01 needs higher setting on the volume nob of my ha2 to reach the same volume as when i use the fx1200..specs of earphones or headphones orspeakers whatever even though they may have high sensitivity, but will always benefit from quality amplification. Better driver control at the limit, higher excursion...etc. when i first purchased a dacamp i was wondering the same thing..after using one for over a year and doing a/b tests i can say with confidence now that i will never go back to using my iphone 3.5mm output jack. Not because it cant run the fw01, its just that my oppo does it much better. However, not all dacamps and daps match well with jvc fw01, thats up
to u to explore and enjoy.
Hope that helps.

Apr 23, 2017 at 11:40 PM Post #313 of 780
Oh..i might add..
I used to own a vorzuge (amp only) that i used with my iphone. I did sell it to fund my cable journey. It did improve the sound quality. But not as much as using dacamp. So your point about the dac is valid. Because vorzuge is an extremely competent amp. But by itself it wasnt as good as the synergy of good dac and amp.

Apr 24, 2017 at 8:33 AM Post #314 of 780
Sharing my experience here. The fx1200 and fw01 share the same impedance but my fw01 needs higher setting on the volume nob of my ha2 to reach the same volume as when i use the fx1200..specs of earphones or headphones orspeakers whatever even though they may have high sensitivity, but will always benefit from quality amplification. Better driver control at the limit, higher excursion...etc. when i first purchased a dacamp i was wondering the same thing..after using one for over a year and doing a/b tests i can say with confidence now that i will never go back to using my iphone 3.5mm output jack. Not because it cant run the fw01, its just that my oppo does it much better. However, not all dacamps and daps match well with jvc fw01, thats up
to u to explore and enjoy.
Hope that helps.

Oh..i might add..
I used to own a vorzuge (amp only) that i used with my iphone. I did sell it to fund my cable journey. It did improve the sound quality. But not as much as using dacamp. So your point about the dac is valid. Because vorzuge is an extremely competent amp. But by itself it wasnt as good as the synergy of good dac and amp.

Personally I'm of the belief that a lot of that is snake oil and will not be wasting my money on 200 dollar cables, nor will I needlessly carry an amp around with me when my DAP is rated to drive up to 100 ohm headphones.

Apr 24, 2017 at 9:20 AM Post #315 of 780
If you already have dap then should drive the fw01 very well. I was under the impression that you were running it off directly from fone. I have so much music on my iphone i just use a dacamp. Tried a few daps but havent took the plunge. Regarding cables..to each their own way of pursueing this hobby..is all i can say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back