JVC HA-FW01 - The New Top End Wood Driver IEM (2017)
Apr 6, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #271 of 780
Apr 7, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #272 of 780
I've ordered the Sony cable after reading about it in more detail. It seem solid and the price to me was a no brainer. Shipped via DHL 3 day service for under 110 AUD from Amazon Japan.

Apr 8, 2017 at 5:11 AM Post #273 of 780
Got the JVC HA-FW01 recently with a pretty darn good deal at USD 284.90 (converted from SGD). Thou out of the box experience so far is average because it is slightly muffled in a way? Like somehow my cheaper Sony XBA A1AP sounded better. Specially on fast instrument complex part where vocal seems to get murder somehow. Maybe some burn in needed. Tried this so far on a sound Blaster E3 and a shanling m1 with both same result with E3 louder and slightly clearer(still muffle).

Just to confirm one thing. Just to make sure it is not fake. The front of the box with the black box don't have S class compared to their website. Is it normal?

And also in the back of the box. The two metal components I point with my fingers is in silver color. But on their official website it is actually like the real product, Pink pale gold color.

Gonna try burn in for awhile. Seems like 200 hours is recommended.

Mine has S class-s
and gold color on 2 parts
bought in March at e-earphone akihabara

Apr 8, 2017 at 5:15 AM Post #274 of 780
Mine has S class-s
and gold color on 2 parts
bought in March at e-earphone akihabara

I suspect that different market get different packaging. For example

Japan Market
Branded with S Class. The case it comes with also imprinted with S Class or Class S.

International Market
No Class S branding. And the case it comes with is imprinted with JVC Logo instead.

Apr 8, 2017 at 6:11 AM Post #275 of 780
I am interested in this .I first heard Ath-CKR10 with the Tera Player and it was a very good refined sound.I was interested to purchase CKR10 or CKR100 that I haven't tried but the JVC look more superior to me at least as the specifications go.
Have someone tried with the Tera Player? Being low impedance may not work,but sometimes does.

Apr 8, 2017 at 6:42 AM Post #276 of 780
I am interested in this .I first heard Ath-CKR10 with the Tera Player and it was a very good refined sound.I was interested to purchase CKR10 or CKR100 that I haven't tried but the JVC look more superior to me at least as the specifications go.
Have someone tried with the Tera Player? Being low impedance may not work,but sometimes does.

If you do buy the ckr100 with the dual 13mm push pull, please share some comparisons with fw01.

Thanks

Apr 8, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #280 of 780
Natural, neutral, organic, nothing added to the original sound.

Sounds like CKR will be more of your taste. JVC, compared to CKR (comparing from memory with CKR 9,should be similar to CKR100 in a way). JVC while it is organic, it is noticeably more boomy than CKR tho the boomy don't bleed into other area. And sound stage wise I think CKR is slightly better due to JVC might give a feel of congestion Thou by no mean bad sound stage.

If you can audition it is best to do so.

Apr 9, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #282 of 780
So I did an experiment on this iem, to avoid ear burn in effect, I purposely not listen to it and continue to use my XBA A1. I think now is around 100 hours more or less. Surprise surprise, I am now a semi burn in believer. Compare to out of the box experience where the vocal get muffle during complex instrument part, now the vocal don't seem to get muffle anymore! Looks like ill be keeping this iem afterall. Tho for separation wise, XBA A1 still perform abit better. HA-FW01 have more details that can be heard more clearly. 

Apr 9, 2017 at 5:22 PM Post #284 of 780

Users who are viewing this thread

Back