JVC "Black Series" (New Portable Phones)
Feb 17, 2010 at 1:05 AM Post #76 of 82
After a few days of burn in.I'm surprised to find out after A-B comparisons with my HFI-580s.That the M750's bass is just as good in fact better.The HFI-580s powered with iPod to D4 piggy backed to my ALO Mini^3 sound too bright, and more forward compared to the M750.Listening to Rage Against The Machine.The M750 startled me with the great punch from drums.Great detail from vocals and the rest of the instruments also.And definitely more enjoyable to listen too then the HFI-580s.I'm glad to see the highs and sound stage improved.I tried to open up the chamber with a small Philips screw driver.No go.You need a thin but long stemmed Philips with a fat handle for this.I was wondering how much bass you lose after taking the rubber ring off.Anyone?

Feb 17, 2010 at 2:53 AM Post #77 of 82
I can't say I'd be willing to go square out in the open.

Jul 17, 2010 at 12:14 PM Post #78 of 82
Both HA-M750 and HA-S650 look like great choices.

Since the JVC HA-S650 hasn't been reviewed yet, I got one here for u guys.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/502546/jvc-ha-s650-review-pics

Jul 17, 2010 at 12:19 PM Post #79 of 82
Hey, BlackSushi! Nice review. Glad you found a good option. I was hoping you'd get something a bit better than the HD218 which you did with the JVC.

Jul 17, 2010 at 12:34 PM Post #80 of 82

Quote:
Hey, BlackSushi! Nice review. Glad you found a good option. I was hoping you'd get something a bit better than the HD218 which you did with the JVC.

Thx jant71 :). It's because of asking professionals such as yourself, which narrowed down my choices and helped me pick a headphone right for me ^^.

Feb 22, 2011 at 10:47 AM Post #81 of 82

Quote:
removing the rubber ring around the driver results in clearer sound.

Hi there! I'm new to this forum but have been following you guys for a while.
I agree, removing the rubber ring (is that the carbon compound diaphragm?) does result in a much clearer sound without any boominess. Moreover I added an extra thin layer of cotton pad inside the cushion room, This resulted in an astonishingly clearer, crispy and a whole sound with clean bass. Compared to my Denon C710, now the JVC M750 (after mod) sound rich and whole. Im loving it!

Dec 1, 2011 at 5:32 PM Post #82 of 82
Just recently bought these headphones and been trying them out for a week.
Im no audiophile but ill give my opinion

pros
-sound, headphones are more bassy then others, not BOOMBOOMBOOM but bassy, but the headphones can handle this level of bass if required for trance or house music, just turn on bassboost or what not. Like how it gives you the choice and itsnt heavy bass by default.

-mids and highs i can't really voice for since im not that experienced with headphones to give a true review. But i rather enjoy the sound, I dont hear a SSSSSsssSSSss noice from voices when you turn em up and all instruments can be heard rather easily.

Cons
-Comfort, Cant wear these for very long, over an hour without my earlobes hurting and discomfort at the top of my head. Perhaps its just me but my noggin is fairly normal size.

-noise isolating, not that great, id say equivalent to when you have your tuque over your ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back