JVC "Black Series" (New Portable Phones)
Sep 8, 2009 at 11:37 PM Post #16 of 82
Looks like JVC has another winner on it's hands. "Jant71" where did you purchase your JVC's at? Have not been able to find them through the regular vendors I deal with. Will probably not purchase until they go under the $35 to $30 usd mark. Like I've said before JVC may be my favorite headphone company at this time-who would have thunk it. I just love my RX700's. Happy Listening.
smile_phones.gif

Sep 9, 2009 at 12:02 AM Post #17 of 82
Very interesting read. Will say that I'm quite curious about these as an all-around portable for $50. Might be just my cup of tea.

Thanks, jant

Sep 9, 2009 at 12:38 AM Post #18 of 82
I got them at BLT(Bottom Line Telecom) for $49 shipped. Very good service! They got them in at the PA area warehouse after I ordered and they sent them to me in one day from there. I ordered based on the CA warehouse getting 10 in the day before. No complaints. I ordered an HD202 from there once also without incident.

I think Buy.com has them for ~$45 shipped.

I put them up against my modded RX700 and they closed the gap from when they were new. Different beasts really though. I do need to keep burning them in.

The M750 really give quite a nice sound without an amp. Great impact and richness with good emotion and texture. They sound quite beefy compared to the CD2000 and modded RX700. And as I said before the do it with balance and not being bass heavy and don't cover up the detail. A unique combination of traits, certainly at the price where there are more than a few bass cannons and fart cannons.

Sep 9, 2009 at 2:14 AM Post #19 of 82
I like what am hearing from your impressions jant71. I look forward to hearing your finalized impressions of the M750.

Sep 10, 2009 at 9:23 AM Post #20 of 82
I was wondering if you have heard the ATH-ES7 before Jant?

Sep 10, 2009 at 9:24 PM Post #22 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by Laokid18 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was wondering if you have heard the ATH-ES7 before Jant?

I've never had an AT portable phone unless you count the ATH-PRO700 as portable. The M750 and Pro are both monitors but the PRO700 is 320 grams and has the coiled cable. My best recall is that they isolate on par and are both circumaural. Like people say the M750's big brother are better than the ATH-900/950 LTD, I think the M750 beats the PRO700 for SQ. The PRO700 is an AT 7-series and has a better frequency response than the ES but not sure which would sound better.

UPDATE:
There is change on the high end as they have become brighter. As I might have predicted from the getting brighter and more dynamic when cranked up behavior, it seems as the drivers are loosening up, more treble appears at lower volume now and they have more separation in the layers of bass. That blanket of warmth now lessens some. More crisp than it was.

Sep 11, 2009 at 3:30 AM Post #23 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by jant71 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've never had an AT portable phone unless you count the ATH-PRO700 as portable. The M750 and Pro are both monitors but the PRO700 is 320 grams and has the coiled cable. My best recall is that they isolate on par and are both circumaural. Like people say the M750's big brother are better than the ATH-900/950 LTD, I think the M750 beats the PRO700 for SQ. The PRO700 is an AT 7-series and has a better frequency response than the ES but not sure which would sound better.

UPDATE:
There is change on the high end as they have become brighter. As I might have predicted from the getting brighter and more dynamic when cranked up behavior, it seems as the drivers are loosening up, more treble appears at lower volume now and they have more separation in the layers of bass. That blanket of warmth now lessens some. More crisp than it was.

Thanks for the info Jant, looks like Im going to get these on my next pay day.

Sep 11, 2009 at 4:32 AM Post #24 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by jant71 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
UPDATE:

Is this a good thing, in your opinion? and out of curiosity, how many hours have they had to burn in?

Sep 11, 2009 at 6:02 PM Post #25 of 82
Well I just ordered the M750,can't wait to hear these!

Sep 11, 2009 at 9:08 PM Post #26 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by dnullify /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is this a good thing, in your opinion? and out of curiosity, how many hours have they had to burn in?

They are at around 75 hours.

I like more clarity, that's hardly ever a bad thing IMO. The bass and treble are better. The one downside may be that the mids aren't as creamy or thick any more. There may be more detail apparent in the mids now though.

I have a hard time finding anything bad to say about these cans.

Sep 17, 2009 at 11:31 PM Post #27 of 82
I've just seen the least expensive price for the JVC M750's offered through Amazon.com today including super-saver shiipping for $52.01 USD. I'm waiting till they even go less expensive (I'm Cheap). Happy Listening.

Sep 18, 2009 at 10:29 AM Post #28 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhfactor1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've just seen the least expensive price for the JVC M750's offered through Amazon.com today including super-saver shiipping for $52.01 USD. I'm waiting till they even go less expensive (I'm Cheap). Happy Listening.

Good self control! I couldn't wait and ordered them off amazon , should be here soon, I want to compare them to my SR60s.

Sep 20, 2009 at 5:51 AM Post #29 of 82
Well I got them today. These JVCs are alot more comfortable than my grados, listened to them for about an hour before I plugged them into my stereo for burn in. So far I like what I am hearing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back