Just ordered some JH16's
Aug 29, 2011 at 11:29 PM Post #31 of 32
Quote:

If a mid tier set is what works for you then great!  I wish I was like that.  I told myself that I was stark raving nuts for even thinking about the JH16.  For a long time I tried to be happy with what I had. 

But in the end, I found I was MUCH happier with the upgrade, and that it was worth the (huge) expense.   I enjoy music so much more now, and more often than I used to.  It's been one of the best purchases I have made in terms of  enjoyment/dollars spent. (surprisingly - being a cynic, I was more than half expecting to find out that I had been suckered, and if so, intended to expose all the audio snobs who praise these phones - thankfully I found I was very wrong, and am very happy :)

And that's really what matters my friend. Glad to know you're enjoying the JH16's to no end! In my case, I can quite honestly say the same for more than one universal I own. Were it not for these unsettling ears that wish to hear any and all universals that are held in high merit, I'd more than likely have a set of ES5's myself, I'm sure of it. Nevertheless, I too am enjoying quite a few universals to no end, and am not at all compelled to upgrade to customs anytime soon. It certainly hasn't been a long time for me just yet. In a sense, my ears wish to fully saturate all the enjoyment they can get out of the high-end universals, and I've quite a ways to go.
smile.gif

Aug 30, 2011 at 4:26 AM Post #32 of 32
Just to follow up on previous comments, I re-ripped some of the stuff I am very familiar with to lossless, and I am not noticing any "huge" difference between that and 320 mp3. It does seem a bit better, but any differences there are pretty subtle, and I would say not really enough to warrant the extra space it takes up on my phone. 

So the remasters of the Beatles are really really good.   If you dig the Beatles that is.   (I like them a lot more through some JH16s.)

Pink Floyd is set to have a whole new set of remastered albums out soon.  Can't wait to hear that. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back