Just Ordered Shure Black Foam Sleeves
Mar 15, 2007 at 1:30 AM Post #107 of 193
I ordered 5 pairs of these (medium size) on Thursday night from earphonesolutions.com and received them today. I used the cheapest shipping method available and paid $20 in total.

I own a pair of iM716's which I believe have slightly thicker tips (where you put the sleeves on) than those of Shure earphones. The black foam sleeves do fit the iM716 but it takes quite a bit of work to put them on. It doesn't help that the tube in the center is much harder and less stretchable than the tube in the the original foamies that came w/the earphones either.

Again, they will fit the iM716 but they are hard to put on and even harder to take off.

I highly prefer these sleeves to the foams that came with the im716. They're tapered at one end and the quality of the material is much better so it is more comfortable. They also expand much faster, and isolate outside noise better.

I don't know if I like these more than the triple flange tips however. I've read a lot of complaints about them but I've gotten used to them and don't find them that uncomfortable. I get a better seal with the black foams but they make my ear feel sort of congested in comparison to the triple flanges. The triple flanges go in deeper than I'd prefer but I sort of like them too because i think i like the feel of silicon/rubber tips more.

Maybe i should have bought the shure ultra-soft sleeves instead?

This is my first post, don't hate =P.

Mar 15, 2007 at 4:55 AM Post #109 of 193
Quote:

Originally Posted by feddup /img/forum/go_quote.gif
maybe I missed any mention of this but is anyone aware that amazon has the olives for $14.99

http://www.amazon.com/Shure-PA910L-R...930252&sr=8-47

they offer free shipping over $25 so you could get 10 pairs for $30. It seems that people are paying too much!

I would have pulled the trigger on amazon if it weren't for the fact that it states to allow 8-10 days for shipping... 10 days is just fine, but problem is that Amazon tends to have quite a flaky shipping schedule meaning 10 days could possibly be a month from now...

Mar 15, 2007 at 11:26 AM Post #112 of 193
Quote:

Originally Posted by feddup /img/forum/go_quote.gif
maybe I missed any mention of this but is anyone aware that amazon has the olives for $14.99

http://www.amazon.com/Shure-PA910L-R...930252&sr=8-47

they offer free shipping over $25 so you could get 10 pairs for $30. It seems that people are paying too much!

DRAT!! Tell me that just went up cause I did a search for them and didn't find them.

Mar 15, 2007 at 2:42 PM Post #113 of 193
It's been there for a while on Amazon, but it's always said it'll take 8-12 days to ship, which is what led me to order from Earphonesolutions.

Mar 16, 2007 at 4:38 AM Post #114 of 193
Amazon always says 8-10 days because they want you to shell out $12 for shipping. I've placed (guessing) forty orders in the last year using "free saver shipping" and the stuff's on my door 5 days later. I got my e4s from earphonesolutions and like them very much but I'd rather have twice the foamies for the cash thus amazon is the way. Amazon has had them for weeks but i think they're out of the medium now.

Mar 16, 2007 at 11:31 PM Post #117 of 193
Quote:

Originally Posted by buddha911 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use the small soft flexes and the medium black foam sleeves fit perfectly and comfortably.

Thank you, that was reassuring and the best fitting info so far
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 19, 2007 at 4:32 PM Post #119 of 193
Sweetness. Got mine today. Medium size. They feel a bit too big, and it was pretty hard to get them inserted properly. After ten minutes use I'm already feeling fatigue and pain. They're definitely bigger than the yellow foamies. As a comparison to the medium soft flex, I can say that the medium is too big for me, and the small flex is too small. Figure I'll have to try the small olives next time.

Mar 19, 2007 at 5:12 PM Post #120 of 193
I put mediums on my JVC Marshmallows and my JBL Reference 220's a few days ago and so far I like them. I was using yellow foamies on my JVC's and going back and forth between small and medium silicone plugs on my JBL's.

Getting them to fit the large soundtubes of the JVC and JBL was pretty easy once I figured out my system. First I pushed them onto a Sears Craftsman awl to stretch the entire tube. I left them on for a few minutes and then pushed them onto the tip of a Bic Clic pen to flare the tip a bit so I could get it started over the large soundtubes. After a minute or so I pulled them off and slid them onto the soundtubes. Piece of cake and it took less than 5 minutes.

I'd post pix if I could figure out how. I've tried several times but only end up with a little blue square with a question mark in the center. Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back