Just Ordered Shure Black Foam Sleeves
Nov 4, 2007 at 1:41 AM Post #181 of 193
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonyfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
or remove the plastic tube.

Any suggestions on how to do that? I'm attempting to do just that to hopefully get them to fit on a CK7 (same nozzle as a CX300).

Nevermind. I managed to get the tube out and put a UE foamie tube in it's place. All I can say is man these suckers can take some punishment. After all the pushing, pulling, stretching, and cutting they still manage to go back to their original shape.

Jan 7, 2008 at 4:03 AM Post #182 of 193
anyone here can make a comparison between small shure olive with the stock im716 foams? or maybe to size and diameter of the small shure olive, in centimeters, so i can make the comparison myself

i'm in doubt about the size, and since i can't buy these so regularly as i don't live i the US, i would not be able to trade here, so i need THE perfect size for me
wink.gif

Jan 7, 2008 at 4:10 AM Post #183 of 193
I had to really use a lot of force to make these fit on the im716, but nonetheless they did fit and worked extremely well. The comfort is far better than the stock im716 foams and the isolation is about par with the stock foams

Jan 7, 2008 at 4:18 AM Post #184 of 193
I actually gave up trying to force the medium olives onto the 716s. But I have found what I think are the perfect foamies for the 716s, the Comply short foamies in gray. I had used the pair with my ER4Ps,and recently tried them, and wow, they are really comfy and easy to get onto the 716s. They have a studier inner-tube than the olives. No disagreement that the olives are soft and feel good, but I was worried about breaking the 716s trying to force the olives on.

Jan 7, 2008 at 4:23 AM Post #185 of 193
Oh I remember what I did now. I used something to jam up the inner plastic tube of the foams for a few minutes so it expanded enough for me to fit the im716 on, otherwise I don't think it's possible to put it in

Jan 7, 2008 at 6:27 AM Post #186 of 193
Quote:

Originally Posted by kite7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had to really use a lot of force to make these fit on the im716, but nonetheless they did fit and worked extremely well. The comfort is far better than the stock im716 foams and the isolation is about par with the stock foams

But, about the size, what is the size of your shure olives? And how do they compare with the stock foams, in size?

Jan 7, 2008 at 7:16 AM Post #187 of 193
I had medium, and they are smaller than the stock foam not to mention that it is a lot softer as well. They were about 2/3 of the original stock foam size if I remember correctly.

Jan 7, 2008 at 1:29 PM Post #188 of 193
I wasn't expecting too much from these black foamies. I'm really impressed at how much better they are than the bi-flanges I had been using previously. The fit is approaching perfect whereas the tips I had been using before never quite fitted. If you have strange shaped ear canals then these foamies are the way to go.

Jan 18, 2008 at 6:30 PM Post #189 of 193
today i actually found my shure e4 box, ready to take pictures to put it up in the for sale section. i just cant seem to get a good fit with anything. last option would be for personal moulds and i aint got the moneys for that.

well today i had a look ay my small black foamies and figured ive used 1 pair so mytaswel cut them smaller to fit my ears without hurting after a while.

i then got sissors and my tips and cut small amounts around them, basically taking off the shiny skin from the black foams, i tried them and:

1. they fit nicely
2. paint reduced dramatically
3. made me realise again why i baught the e4's.

unless theres another reason to sell my babies (had to save big time for these 2 years back) ima be keeping them until they fall apart.

one thing i am a little concerned with is ive taken off the shiny surface layer and so would the foam underneath cause any problems in the ear canal. the foam seems very similar to the yellow foams so i see no reason why it should, but yea, sissors and small black foams, problem solved.....for now.

Jan 18, 2008 at 7:02 PM Post #190 of 193
got the large black olive's for my e5s about a week ago, im very pleased. comfort is better than the modified triple-flanges i was using, and they are holding up very well. a worthwhile purchase.

Feb 3, 2008 at 8:14 PM Post #192 of 193
The E3C, E4C, and the E500/SE530, all have the same nozzle size, but the E2C, has a bigger nozzle than them all. BTW, I finally pulled the trigger on a pair of mediums. I hope they fit, because I usually use Large when I have silicones, but then again the comply's fit me perfectly, and have for the past 5 months...and I've washed them. I have relatively normal size ears, just large canals. Any thoughts on the size I chose?

Apr 6, 2008 at 5:24 PM Post #193 of 193
I'm going to buy im716 and Shure black foam sleeves (small) to use with them.
Now I own EP-630 and I like fit of their small tips.
Can I expect the same level of comfort from Shure black foam sleeves as from small EP-630 tips?
Could you range by size EP-630 small tips, Shure black foam small sleeves and Shure gray soft flex small sleeves?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back