Just Ordered Shure Black Foam Sleeves
Feb 28, 2007 at 9:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 193

KJAM

Head-Fier
I just placed my order for the new black foam sleeves (size small). Has anybody received them yet..and if so..what are your impressions?

They should arrive in a few days...so I'll post back my initial thoughts at that time.

KJ

Feb 28, 2007 at 9:25 PM Post #2 of 193
Shure. Black foam sleeves. What are these?
confused.gif

Feb 28, 2007 at 9:35 PM Post #3 of 193
They are a new type of foam tip that Sure has just released. They are supposed to be much better than the yellow ones. They are coming stock on the new Sure lineup and can be purchased seperately as an accessory.

Feb 28, 2007 at 9:36 PM Post #4 of 193
Tomorrow I´ll get my test sample of the SE210´s with the black foams (writing a review on these, so I get them for the next four weeks). I´m also very interested in those foamies, cause I actually don´t like the yellow ones (one pair only lasts about 4-5 days). I´ll post my impressions in this thread tomorrow or on Friday!

Feb 28, 2007 at 9:36 PM Post #5 of 193
Can someone take a measurement of the sound-tube diameter? I am wondering if they will work on the Jays IEMs.

Thanks!!
Garrett

Feb 28, 2007 at 9:41 PM Post #7 of 193
Quote:

Originally Posted by db_cyberbloc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tomorrow I´ll get my test sample of the SE210´s with the black foams (writing a review on these, so I get them for the next four weeks). I´m also very interested in those foamies, cause I actually don´t like the yellow ones (one pair only lasts about 4-5 days). I´ll post my impressions in this thread tomorrow or on Friday!

Cool...I'll check back for your thoughts! The sales rep I placed my order with said that he tried a set when he visited Shure Headquarters back in June and loved them. Much better than the yellow ones in his opinion!

Feb 28, 2007 at 9:43 PM Post #8 of 193
The new foams also fit the older E-Series, so the tube´s diameter is about 3.2mm (so they don´t seem to fit the d-Jays).

EDIT:

Here´s a pic of the black/olive foams:

Edwood_CES07_Shure_SElineup_04.jpg

...and the mediums attached to the new SE IEMs:

Edwood_CES07_Shure_SElineup_01.jpg

Feb 28, 2007 at 9:48 PM Post #9 of 193
Does anyone know when these will become available in the UK and for how much? I never use the yellow foames because they wear out too quickly and are too expensive. If these new ones are significantly better then I may consider them.

Feb 28, 2007 at 9:55 PM Post #11 of 193
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJShadow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone know when these will become available in the UK and for how much? I never use the yellow foames because they wear out too quickly and are too expensive. If these new ones are significantly better then I may consider them.

Not sure where/when you can get them in the UK, but I just purchased them in the US for $13.99 (5 pairs). I believe they retail for $14.99.

Feb 28, 2007 at 9:55 PM Post #12 of 193
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJShadow /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Exactly, that´s the point!
The new ones will be about 15$ for 10 foams (5 pairs), so they´re a litte bit more expensive, but if they´ll last for about 2 weeks each pair, I think it´d be quite o.k.. I like foam tips, but the yellow ones are really crappy!

Feb 28, 2007 at 9:57 PM Post #13 of 193
Quote:

Originally Posted by episiarch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
KJAM, where'd you order them? I don't see them on Shure's Accessories/Sleeves page.

They´re available at earphonesolutions.com. Or you may get 100 foams from amazon.com, but they´re 120$.

Feb 28, 2007 at 9:59 PM Post #14 of 193
Quote:

Originally Posted by episiarch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
KJAM, where'd you order them? I don't see them on Shure's Accessories/Sleeves page.

The funny thing is that they are not on Shure's website yet for purchase. I purchased them from Earphonesolutions.com. They just received them from Shure...earlier than anticipated.

Feb 28, 2007 at 10:06 PM Post #15 of 193
Quote:

Originally Posted by db_cyberbloc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The new ones will be about 15$ for 10 foams (5 pairs), so they´re a litte bit more expensive, but if they´ll last for about 2 weeks each pair, I think it´d be quite o.k.. I like foam tips, but the yellow ones are really crappy!

The new foamies are actually washable, so they'll last you much longer than just 2 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back