Just Ordered Shure Black Foam Sleeves
Mar 31, 2007 at 10:16 PM Post #136 of 193
I bought 5 pairs of the shure's medium black foams / olives from earphonesolutions.com and am interested in comparing them to a pair of shure's medium soft flex sleeves. Anyone (in the US) interested in a trade?

EDIT: offer taken
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 9, 2007 at 7:57 PM Post #137 of 193
i've been listening to my e500s with the black foamies for about 20 hours, and i can say that they do seem to put a slight veil on the treble. they do seem to boost the bass impact over the clear flex PVC and the old yellow foamies, and midrange detail still sounds superb.

comfort-wise, they're as comfy as the comply tips, although they don't lose that bass impact, which i think is a good thing. the finish on the foam seems like it'll keep them looking pretty new, although they are black so dirt won't show. the isolation is better than the foamies, and i think might be better than the clear flex. as far as longevity, someone here said they've been using them for 4 months, which is probably 8x as long as the foamies lasted, on average.

all in all, a much better investment than the comply tips (for me anyway). i have 2 pairs of comply tips that will probably never get used ever again.

Apr 18, 2007 at 10:59 AM Post #138 of 193
Anyone in Europe interested in a "foamie" trade? I bought three bags of the medium Olive foamies, but I would like to test the Large ones. The mediums seems to seal a bit bad on my right ear. Maybe someone with the opposite wish?

Apr 18, 2007 at 3:51 PM Post #141 of 193
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i've been waiting for mine forever. ordered them from amazon on march 2 and they just keep getting pushed back. hopefully i'll have them by next week...

yup, amazon pushed it back 4 weeks for me so i ended up just canceling and ordering from earphonesolutions.com.....took them 48 hours for order + process + shipping + delivery via USPS priority.

Apr 23, 2007 at 11:15 AM Post #142 of 193
Hi Guys,

Is there anywhere that sells these in the UK yet?

If not, does anyone fancy a US to UK trade of a pair of yellow for a pair of black?

Thanks again

May 3, 2007 at 11:34 PM Post #144 of 193
Quote:

Originally Posted by JimBob1971 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, I don't think there is. I've just ordered 5 pairs off eBay, no worldwide shipping charge.

I did the same, they arrived within 5 workdays from the US to the Netherlands. I have the small version. Just quickly tried them, but haven't extensively used them yet because I also ordered the new triple flanges in the same order and put those on instead. They seem to be of much better quality then the yellow foamies though.

May 8, 2007 at 5:55 AM Post #145 of 193
I have 5 sets of the size medium and cannot get good isolation out of these black foams, I cant imagine what I'm doing wrong, the yellow ones work well for me and so does the medium soft flex... does anyone have a pair of the large they might want to trade for a pair of these mediums?

May 10, 2007 at 3:19 AM Post #146 of 193
Just ordered some from an ebay store for $14 w/ free shipping world wide (heads up UK users). I just got an email saying they just shipped them, and first class too (2-5 days).

EDIT: here's the buyer I ordered mine from
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=230119120365

May 11, 2007 at 5:29 AM Post #149 of 193
Quote:

Originally Posted by dadukka12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have 5 sets of the size medium and cannot get good isolation out of these black foams, I cant imagine what I'm doing wrong, the yellow ones work well for me and so does the medium soft flex... does anyone have a pair of the large they might want to trade for a pair of these mediums?

If you are looking to sell give me a shout.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back