Just Ordered Shure Black Foam Sleeves
Mar 8, 2007 at 9:25 PM Post #91 of 193
There pretty I like em much more then the old foamies as they go in a lot easier. However I like the bi flange modded tri flanges a lot more they get a MUCH better seal and I do not have to wait for them to fill my ear plus they stay put.

pink

Mar 8, 2007 at 10:43 PM Post #92 of 193
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo777 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I just received mine (large) and I noticed immediate improvement with isolation and seal. Which in turn greatly improved the sound quality. I can't believe it either but they did! I do have slight discomfort with the large size but I do have the right seal for my ears.

Quote:

Originally Posted by frescagod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
do you usually use medium flex sleeves? i'm curious, because i don't want to drop $15 on larges when mediums might fit me better....

I also just received my large set today and I do use the medium flex normally. I'll say that as far as putting them in it's plenty easy, I don't even need to bother squishing them down first.

The fit and seal is fantastic, although there is a more pronounced pressure and what I can only describe as a feeling of friction inside my ears, mediums would surely be more comfortable for me and I am open to trade a pair if anyone wants to try the incredible seal and secure feeling of the large, PM if interested.

Mar 9, 2007 at 4:41 AM Post #93 of 193
how do you go about washing them?

was it dumb of me to squeeze them as i had them in soapy water?

now whenever i squeeze it, soap comes out like a sponge. i've squeezed it all out and sucked in soapless water tons of times but there is still some foam. i have a feeling this is going to take a while. right now they are sitting in a cup of warm~hot water

can i just dry them even though soam soap still comes out? will this adversly affect them or will it clean my ears?

edit now they expand really really fast, any way to reverse the effect? cold water?

edit: now that they've dried, they expand extremely slow - like 30 seconds to expand fully

Mar 9, 2007 at 7:43 AM Post #94 of 193
Man, the shipping for the sleeves is exorbitant. There's no reason it should cost $6 to ship a pack of these things that weigh nothing.

Mar 9, 2007 at 9:09 AM Post #95 of 193
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4metta /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man, the shipping for the sleeves is exorbitant. There's no reason it should cost $6 to ship a pack of these things that weigh nothing.

If you think that's bad try $20 for International shipping!

Mar 9, 2007 at 2:22 PM Post #96 of 193
Quote:

Originally Posted by elnero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you think that's bad try $20 for International shipping!

Not to forget customs tax barriers. Because of them I can't buy a huge load of these so I'm set for a while. I'll have to stay below $30, or they tax me to death with 25% customs tax, $25 customs declaration fee, $25% customs tax on the shipping cost etc. I'd love to pay just $6 for shipping.

Mar 9, 2007 at 6:44 PM Post #97 of 193
Does anyone know if these will fit on the JVC marshmallows?

Mar 9, 2007 at 7:35 PM Post #99 of 193
Quote:

Originally Posted by nfsu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2
Comply are expensive, they last really short (2 weeks) and with them E500 sound really poor.
When will new shure foams appear at ebay.com? earhonesolutions.com doesn't ship to Poland
frown.gif

An ebay seller who does freeshiping worldwide told me he would get them in 2 weeks.

Mar 10, 2007 at 1:34 AM Post #101 of 193
Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberspyder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
NVM, found my answer. THE SLEEVES WILL NOT FIT ON ANY ULTIMATE EARS.
mad.gif

Better buy some Shures, then
tongue.gif

Mar 10, 2007 at 6:09 AM Post #102 of 193
THEY ARE IN STOCK RIGHT NOW. BUY THEM. (the medium ones) I just noticed that the medium size sleeves were in stock when i made my daily visit to earphonesolutions.com. I feel just like my avatar.

Mar 11, 2007 at 12:07 PM Post #104 of 193
How's the sound compared to biflange (moded from triflange) on UM2? Although the comfort is better on the complys, the sound is way more better on the biflange. So is there any point to change from the bi to black?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back