Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW!
Jan 24, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #5,941 of 11,345

Quote:
I took a different route. I bought a pair of Smeggy inspired Thunderpants crafted by Marty of Martin Custom Audio aka Martypants, so I could compare and contrast the woodied T50 to the plastic one. The Martypants came with a pair of 02 pads that I test drove on my stock T50. They were nice, but I got the stock pads sounding pretty good when I applied some paxmate to the earside of the baffle around the driver. I removed the paxmate when I struggled getting my 840 pads on. I'm thinking of reapplying it and removing the foam on the 840 pads. Anyway I sold the Martypants because a stock T50 can be modded to sound just as good.IMO.

I listened to a Thunderpants in a meet a few months ago and I came away with the feeling that while they were good I didn't find them good enough to pay for it. The T50RP with some basic mods is a great bang for  your buck. I'm done with the T50RP mods and won't be opening them up again.

Jan 25, 2012 at 7:01 AM Post #5,942 of 11,345
Well, ordered mine today, next week it will be MASSIVE MODDING MADNESS!!!

Going to make my own cups from zebrawood and everything, this should be fun. :L3000:

Jan 25, 2012 at 7:38 AM Post #5,943 of 11,345

Quote:
Are you intimating that promised packages from Florida are subject to suspicion?

Nope.  Contents were fully received yesterday with complete goodness.  Operation TP50R has been completed.

I struggled a bit after using 100% Silver Stone inside of my cups as during this past weekend, I had used some 1/4" thick craft foam material in the cups.  I've realized too much Silver Stone or PaxMat can kill the bass.  So, this morning, I forged ahead with a modification that came about as I slept (and went to sleep with the TP50Rs on my head.)

I'll need a bit of time to detail my approach out in specifics so others might be able to try another alternative to modding - with all of the items mentioned to day and with the inclusion of the Creative craft foam that sells for $.89 cents a sheet.  I'm needing to get cleaned up and head to work.  However, I'll try to list out the steps in order and draw up a few diagrams on what went where.  I currently have David Bromberg on his sound is very balanced - yet, with a nice bass presence, too - which was minimized with too much Silver Stone.

If you get a chance, look up David Bromberg - "Use Me" as he has a lot of artists performing with him.  Leon Russell, John Hiatt, Linda Ronstadt, etc.  He's pulled them all in with this blues / jazzy album of tunes with a horn section, too.  A very creative mix from a guy who came out of retirement from the folk-era and after a mid-career break to learn violin making and perfect that art.  Now, he's making albums again and touring the east coast as he lives in Wilmington, Delaware, where he also owns a custom violin shop.

Jan 25, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #5,945 of 11,345

Quote:
Anyone have a picture of a someone wearing t50rp's?

Just picture yourself looking like Batman. 
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 25, 2012 at 3:22 PM Post #5,946 of 11,345
Jan 25, 2012 at 5:58 PM Post #5,950 of 11,345
Dudes and Dudesses,

Please alert me that the pictures might be NSFW - (Not Safe For Work), as someone could walk up behind me at work and see the girl and think I'm checking out something illegal - even tought it's simply some Fostex headphone pictures.  Thanks,  
biggrin.gif

tongue_smile.gif

Jan 25, 2012 at 6:46 PM Post #5,951 of 11,345
Hey, those pictures might be NSFW.

There, I alerted you. :wink:

Jan 25, 2012 at 11:20 PM Post #5,952 of 11,345
NSFW warning is lame. If your just cruzing head-fi at work you are of no use to society other than contributing your share of the consumer dollar to spin the world round. Boom, there i said it sorry. I mean maybe on your breaks but otherwise, it doesn't make sense. 

my apologies for the slight de-rail. T50's RULE! 

-M

Jan 26, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #5,953 of 11,345
Why not just assume one is on their break and give a warning? Otherwise it doesn't make sense. (You would just be rude...)

Quote:
NSFW warning is lame. If your just cruzing head-fi at work you are of no use to society other than contributing your share of the consumer dollar to spin the world round. Boom, there i said it sorry. I mean maybe on your breaks but otherwise, it doesn't make sense. 

-M

Jan 26, 2012 at 12:56 AM Post #5,954 of 11,345

Quote:

-M

rolleyes.gif
 really?  Not even going to comment on the judgemental bullsh*t you're spouting, but to argue against a common forum courtesy?  

Jan 26, 2012 at 2:20 AM Post #5,955 of 11,345
Quote:

Wait, you're not supposed to browse Head-Fi at work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back