Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW!
Oct 2, 2011 at 3:13 AM Post #3,256 of 11,345
Smaller driver w/ open construction might close the gap?
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Really they are two different animals.  Smaller driver for closed phones versus larger driver w/ open construction.  The cable is not where you should be looking.

Tbh, I prefer the coherence of the T50rp.  I don't run into certain aspects of the LCD2 that draw me out of the listening experience and get me thinking about the phone.

Oct 2, 2011 at 3:14 AM Post #3,257 of 11,345
I agree with you. Coherence is a good choice word for describing the T50RP...especially a good modded one. I also prefer the Paradox because it will not leak sound across your entire room.

This is very important for me too and probably the best thing about T50Rp. Great sound from a closed phone!

Oct 2, 2011 at 3:14 AM Post #3,258 of 11,345
Oct 2, 2011 at 3:19 AM Post #3,259 of 11,345
To answer your question I'm going say I can't, rather won't comment on the cable question.  Just a bad idea.  But yes, the LCD2 is using a higher regarded stock cable, forget if it's Canare or Mogami.

Oct 2, 2011 at 3:22 AM Post #3,261 of 11,345
To answer your question I'm going say I can't, rather won't comment on the cable question.  Just a bad idea.  But yes, the LCD2 is using a higher regarded stock cable, forget if it's Canare or Mogami.

Canare Quad. I don't remember the awg or anything else. Read about it somwehre. All I know is it's a pretty decent stock cable. Heard both rev 1 / 2 at the meet.

Oct 2, 2011 at 3:23 AM Post #3,262 of 11,345

Quote:

Nicely worded my friend....

Oct 2, 2011 at 3:58 AM Post #3,265 of 11,345
Now I'm drooling at the T50RPs. I'm a broke student, so I've never been able to afford "real" HPs. I've only just started getting into headphones with a pair of Samson SR850/Superlux HD668B OEMs, but now I find myself yearning for more! :D Just hearing that these $75 dollar headphones can outclass the very expensive (to me) HD650s has got me really excited to try them out and open them up. Finally, something good that I can actually afford! Now just have to hunt down a pair...

Oct 2, 2011 at 4:18 AM Post #3,267 of 11,345

Quote:
Now I'm drooling at the T50RPs. I'm a broke student, so I've never been able to afford "real" HPs. I've only just started getting into headphones with a pair of Samson SR850/Superlux HD668B OEMs, but now I find myself yearning for more! :D Just hearing that these $75 dollar headphones can outclass the very expensive (to me) HD650s has got me really excited to try them out and open them up. Finally, something good that I can actually afford! Now just have to hunt down a pair...

IMHO, they outclass even better headphones than the HD650. Save some money and when you get a pair, read through this entire thread and then start modding them. You'll be surprised how easy they are to mod and the sound quality they put out. Best of luck!

Oct 2, 2011 at 4:22 AM Post #3,268 of 11,345

Welcome to the crew, laddie! I sold my HD 650's for Fostex T50... My entire system was built around HD 650... So that's saying a whole lot.

Oct 2, 2011 at 4:34 AM Post #3,269 of 11,345

Quote:
Welcome to the crew, laddie! I sold my HD 650's for Fostex T50... My entire system was built around HD 650... So that's saying a whole lot.

Also, consider the headphones most of us own and have heard. I for one believe that the T50RP is the best closed headphone I have ever heard (post-mod). The only headphone I would currently rank above my Paradox is the Stax 009.

Oct 2, 2011 at 4:48 AM Post #3,270 of 11,345
Even though I'm drunk right now, I'm still set on selling all my headphones except the T50RP Dahminators (except the UM3x).  I showed my T50RP's to my good friend after showing him my HD650's and he just said wow... :) He's not an audiophile and it was pretty sweet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back