Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW!
Sep 24, 2011 at 10:13 PM Post #2,836 of 11,345

Quote:
They can only be FOTM after LFF starts a thread: Best Music for Modded T50RP's. 
evil_smiley.gif

LOL!
evil_smiley.gif

I would NEVER start such a thing....

If you have great headphones, all music will be great..either due to the awesome sound or due to the new warts you can hear.
wink_face.gif

Sep 24, 2011 at 11:17 PM Post #2,838 of 11,345
Yep, I nail mine to my head for sometimes... 6 hours. (last sunday)
eek.gif

For lack of better defining: They are "freakin" comfortable. Concerning comfort it's nearly on par with HD 800. These are my go-to can due to comfort as well as sound. Maybe.. I have an attractively round head, but I can see how it might be uncomfortable for ovals.

Lol, I just realized my comment sounds prejudiced! I am not not biased Oval heads!
tongue_smile.gif

Sep 24, 2011 at 11:44 PM Post #2,840 of 11,345
The stock headband's so uncomfortable without sort of any cushion

That's why I picked up a HD580 headband cushion. Very comfortable now.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/352734-REG/Sennheiser_052715_H_52715_Replacement_Headband.html

Sep 24, 2011 at 11:59 PM Post #2,841 of 11,345
I compared my modded phones to stock and my LCD2 today. Stock is not bad and sounds neutral to me. Modded as previosly described and with the bass ports closed except for 1/4 inch of one slot line, they produce a pleasing top to bottom frequency range that is clear and detailed. In addition, they produce very deep, detailed bass in more quantity than my LCD2's with EQ set to flat for all comparisons.

Bass lines on Patricia Barber's Light My Fire and Ode To Billy Joe, and Diana Krall's My Love Is and All or Nothing At All are impressive. Same for really good recordings like Steely Dan's Gold and Two Against Nature albums. I would actually like a bit less bass but I've not discovered a way to tune it down. Any ideas appreciated.

I think the open back LCD2's sound significantly better with understandably wider soundstage and fuller, more balanced SQ. For those of you who have matched or bested the LCD2, congratulations! and I hope you will share your mods at some point. I'd love to take shot and have a listen.

Sep 25, 2011 at 12:00 AM Post #2,842 of 11,345

Quote:
That's why I picked up a HD580 headband cushion. Very comfortable now.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/352734-REG/Sennheiser_052715_H_52715_Replacement_Headband.html

That's an idea I thought about doing but I want to try a suspension headband first. If that fails, I guess I will order the cushion.

Sep 25, 2011 at 12:20 AM Post #2,844 of 11,345
Any chance you can check to see if the LCD-2 ear-cushions fit the T50rp?

Quote:
I compared my modded phones to stock and my LCD2 today. Stock is not bad and sounds neutral to me. Modded as previosly described and with the bass ports closed except for 1/4 inch of one slot line, they produce a pleasing top to bottom frequency range that is clear and detailed. In addition, they produce very deep, detailed bass in more quantity than my LCD2's with EQ set to flat for all comparisons.

Sep 25, 2011 at 12:28 AM Post #2,845 of 11,345
GUYS GUYS!

I bought some pyramid shaped acoustic foam (1"),  used it to fill the baffle and also cut a section of it and attached it to the headband with zip ties.  These headphones are now super comfortable, don't slip off, and sound great.  I'm going to try and angle the drivers by using the foam and filling in the cups asymmetrically.

Sep 25, 2011 at 12:37 AM Post #2,846 of 11,345

Quote:
^Suspension headband - will keep your T50RPs looking stock and crappy
wink.gif

Hence why I call them Paradox.....

Quote:
GUYS GUYS!

I bought some pyramid shaped acoustic foam (1"),  used it to fill the baffle and also cut a section of it and attached it to the headband with zip ties.  These headphones are now super comfortable, don't slip off, and sound great.  I'm going to try and angle the drivers by using the foam and filling in the cups asymmetrically.

I use make up applicators. They are wedge shaped and SUPER comfortable and cheap! Gives you a nice angled driver if that is what you are looking for.

Sep 25, 2011 at 12:47 AM Post #2,847 of 11,345
Hmmm.  What to do with the wife's old make-up applicators?  Good thing you're not bald.  

evil_smiley.gif

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Sep 25, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #2,848 of 11,345

Quote:
Hmmm.  What to do with the wife's old make-up applicators?  Good thing you're not bald.  

evil_smiley.gif

LOL!

Just sharing some good ideas I happen to come across....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back