Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW!
Feb 4, 2011 at 3:25 PM Post #961 of 11,345
I called all of the Guitar Centers within a 50 mile radius of my home and also B&H in NYC and they have no idea when it will be back in stock 
frown.gif

Feb 4, 2011 at 4:23 PM Post #962 of 11,345
I had B&H send me an alert email when they were back in stock last week and ordered a pair right away but they were all gone two days later.  I don't know what's up with them...

Feb 4, 2011 at 6:46 PM Post #963 of 11,345
Holy smokes -- I just looked on Guitar Center's website because I knew they finally had them in stock earlier this week and now they are not even listed on the site AT ALL (they have been listed as back-ordered before). Same thing with Amazon, Music123 and Musician's Friend. It's almost like they never existed. I'm glad I jumped on a pair when I had the chance. Do not hesitate if you find a pair!!

Quote:
I called all of the Guitar Centers within a 50 mile radius of my home and also B&H in NYC and they have no idea when it will be back in stock 
frown.gif

Feb 4, 2011 at 7:01 PM Post #964 of 11,345
I put myself on B&H's list this afternoon.

Anyone know the difference between these and the original ones from yesteryear?

Feb 4, 2011 at 7:34 PM Post #965 of 11,345
You probably need to ask that in the ortho thread since most of the few people who have experienced the original ones are there.  Or PM spritzer since he out bid me on the only pair I've seen on eBay.

Feb 4, 2011 at 11:05 PM Post #967 of 11,345
They run out darn quick.  Who else is buying them besides us loons and any lurkers who have read or are reading this thread?

Mine should arrive Monday.  =]

Feb 5, 2011 at 12:13 AM Post #969 of 11,345
That many?
lol

Feb 5, 2011 at 2:38 AM Post #970 of 11,345
I had a backorder with a dealer, but I think he didn't get any, and after a day or two of watching the inventory vanish from the few who had them I grabbed a set off Amazon.  Here's hoping the inventory was real.  I'm looking forward to doing some mods on this...

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Feb 5, 2011 at 7:52 AM Post #972 of 11,345
What seems weird to me is that they have just disappeared from many store inventories (instead of just "back ordered" or "out of stock")?!?!? 
They are still listed on the Fostex.com website though so hopefully it's just a restocking issue 
blink.gif

Feb 5, 2011 at 10:38 AM Post #973 of 11,345
I tried Amazon yesterday afternoon and it said "Currently Not Available", so you guys grabbed the last ones. I have e-mail alerts with 2 other stores.

Feb 5, 2011 at 11:34 AM Post #975 of 11,345

Quote:
That many?
lol

I don't know about the current generation, but the previous generations, yes that many.  A lot of studio shots from the 80s and 90s, the musicians are wearing Fostex.  A large number of the vintage ones that come up on eBay are from studios.

Edit: Also the fact that most of the sites that sell them are geared towards music professionals instead of consumers means they're still used as studio cans

Users who are viewing this thread

Back