just how many people realy like the hd-590's?
Mar 29, 2002 at 8:40 PM Post #62 of 129
Is it true that the the new closed HD-280s have a tighter and deeper bass than my 590s??
confused.gif

Mar 30, 2002 at 1:11 AM Post #63 of 129
Quote:

Originally posted by The Quality Guru
Hey Beowulf: Does the "beo" in your username have anything to do with Bang and Olufsen?
smily_headphones1.gif
All of their products (or at least a lot of them) have the prefix Beo- in front of their product model names. Just sucking out any last drops of encouragement to keep my B&O A8's- knowing that there is actually someone who likes them enough to honor them in their username would help ease that want to get rid of my earphones.
smily_headphones1.gif

Erhmm well uh, actually, no, it's from Beowulf the warrior from the Anglo-Saxon epic composed between the 7th and 10th centuries.

I'm not a big B&O fan. A friend of mine has some BO stuff, but we usually laugh at him. Poor guy. Mostly because he admits "I bought it just for the style, I don't care if yours costs 10% of that and sounds better".

Now that you made me think about it.. gee.. what if others think like that? I feel embarassed now... *sniff*

smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 30, 2002 at 1:14 AM Post #64 of 129
Quote:

Originally posted by Keiso
Bad reputation? Well, it certainly does not help that Headroom's homepage stating this:

Presenting a bright musical exhibition, the 590s can be detailed to the point of fatique.

Fatique!? I don't get it. I just don't get it.

It's a myth. It scared me back then too. They only fatigue your wallet, perhaps.

CD3K and HD590, now that is quality for those with a limited budget... from my point of view.

Mar 30, 2002 at 4:15 AM Post #66 of 129
Statix, that makes two of us. I fully understand you. Perhaps you should try the MDR CD-3000
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 30, 2002 at 5:19 AM Post #68 of 129
R4---

yes, I have to say that bass on the 280s is a tad richer and deeper than on my 590s. However, it is not a huge deal, and I think the 590s have other advantages-crisper treble, more comfort, and a broader soundstage. The 280s would be a nice optional add-on for you especially if you have a need for closed phones, but don't think of buying them as a "must"!

smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 30, 2002 at 6:56 AM Post #69 of 129
delenda est Sony, thanks a lot for your clarifications. I will stay with my beloved HD-590s and look no further since I already own the ER-4s for portable listening.

Mar 30, 2002 at 11:19 AM Post #70 of 129
I just read all the way through this thread... and almost ordered a pair of 590's.

Actually, if I wasn't waiting for my AKG-K1000's to arrive, I WOULD have ordered them.

Maybe I will anyway...
wink.gif

Mar 30, 2002 at 6:29 PM Post #73 of 129
Sennheiser has announced a "Tom M" commemorative edition of the 590s in gratitude due to a 6.34% increase in worldwide sales of this model since the thread started. The Tom M 590s will be normal in most ways but will feature a special 21 foot (7m) cord...
biggrin.gif

Mar 31, 2002 at 5:59 AM Post #75 of 129
Quote:

Originally posted by delenda est Sony
Sennheiser has announced a "Tom M" commemorative edition of the 590s in gratitude due to a 6.34% increase in worldwide sales of this model since the thread started. The Tom M 590s will be normal in most ways but will feature a special 21 foot (7m) cord...
biggrin.gif

That is so thick and sturdy that a hen can never peck through it...
(refer to Chinese idioms
biggrin.gif
)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back