Just got the DT 770 Pros 80ohm after lurking and reading.
Jun 30, 2011 at 6:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

DOCisChief

New Head-Fier
I had my eyes on getting some decent headphones for a while. In high school I had some Sony V700s for a while until the pivot point on the ear-cup broke like it did to just about everyone I know who had them. Not the greatest but I liked them. Sometime later I got some Sony XD 400s that I didn't like as much and had those going into college, but an internal connection eventually went bad and I ditched them. For the rest of college I used cheap 20 dollar in ears from various companies. Some so so others just plain terrible. Now during my first year out of school I finally grabbed the 770 Pros after lurking on this forum and seeing a lot of great things being said about them. I must say that the build quality is exceptional and I don't fear them breaking anytime soon aka ever, unless an accident occurs.

Hearing wise though, I dunno. I like the sound they produce, but I can't always tell the difference between 128, 320 or lossless. Other times I can though. I have some really old mp3s from when I first started collecting music that are horribly low bitrates that I obviously can hear the bad quality of right away. I looked on the forums and came away thinking that some of it might have to do with the original production/mixing being done really well. As far as the lossless I do sort of see a slight difference with two albums I just bought. They just seem to have a little more energy to them, and I don't have to raise the volume as much with those.

Oh forgot to say that I grabbed the Fiio E7 when I grabbed my Pros. The difference I notice with this is when usb connected to my pc is that It drives them easier than just through my pc. Overall the biggest difference I've noticed in the very very short time period is that these have a much more open feel/not as jammed together musically to the dozens of in ears I had over the years. I also don't have to turn these up as much as those cheap in ears to hit the "sweet spot" of different songs. I'm guessing I just need more time listening exclusively to these. I was going in expecting it to be like when I switched audio gear in my car and noticed immediately how much of a difference it was.  All in all I'm happy with the purchase. These things are super comfy too.

Jun 30, 2011 at 6:56 AM Post #3 of 3
Ha, my wallet didn't mind as much as it normally would. Although an out of work post-graduate, My birthday was recent so that brought some bucks, but I just so happened to look at my paypal account and had 197 bucks left from a 300 dollar ebay sell I made. I know, how do you forget that? Long story haha. Thanks for the welcome though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back