Jomo Audio Impressions & Discussion Thread
Feb 27, 2017 at 2:22 AM Post #78 of 686
If anyone is interested in getting a general impression of the Jomo Audio line, you could turn to this tour impression. Includes my short impression of the pre-production PLB.

Thanks again to Joseph Mou and the rest of the Jomo Audio team for allowing me the opportunity to visit them!

Mar 2, 2017 at 10:45 PM Post #80 of 686
Could someone advise best locations to audition Jomo Universal IEM's in Singapore or Korea , any particular stores

I auditioned and bought Jomo IEM from Music Sanctuary in Singapore.

Mar 8, 2017 at 7:03 PM Post #83 of 686
Hi,
Yesterday I demoed the Samba (a costume made universal version for shop demo and compared it to the UE Pro RR and the UE 18+ pro.
The RR send flatter and less detailed than the Samba, the 18+ is darker.
I am currently using Etys 4RXR and Stax 009, and I am looking for something along those lines: dynamic sound between neutral and natural.

The samba I auditioned fits that bill but there are two problems:
- hiss with my NW-ZX2
- the staff has the samba and mentioned that the version he has is bass heavy

To eliminate hiss, is IEMatch the only solution and how did it impact the sound?
I understand that the samba has powerful sub bass, and the universal version might not have shown that, but is the overall sound as dark as the 18pro or stays in the neutral-natural range closer the the Etys and Stax?

Mar 8, 2017 at 10:34 PM Post #84 of 686
1e0cf42711d0e22175ac5007b938fa9e.jpg

JOMO audio 'Pretty little beast' unboxing soon. Review to follow.

296c51e6aaec95c81876c9f61f4d100a.jpg

In the meantime heres a Jomo Audio 6R and a double helix cable photo

Mar 9, 2017 at 2:29 AM Post #85 of 686
Hi,
Yesterday I demoed the Samba (a costume made universal version for shop demo and compared it to the UE Pro RR and the UE 18+ pro.
The RR send flatter and less detailed than the Samba, the 18+ is darker.
I am currently using Etys 4RXR and Stax 009, and I am looking for something along those lines: dynamic sound between neutral and natural.

The samba I auditioned fits that bill but there are two problems:
- hiss with my NW-ZX2
- the staff has the samba and mentioned that the version he has is bass heavy

To eliminate hiss, is IEMatch the only solution and how did it impact the sound?
I understand that the samba has powerful sub bass, and the universal version might not have shown that, but is the overall sound as dark as the 18pro or stays in the neutral-natural range closer the the Etys and Stax?

I have not tried them, but you should ask flinkenick, he has. And watch out for his shootout, because he has the Samba as well es the UE 18pro on the list: http://www.head-fi.org/t/826876/ranking-the-stars-flinkenicks-2017-iem-flagship-shootout

Mar 13, 2017 at 7:56 PM Post #87 of 686
Is anyone able to comment on the size, shape and organization of the Samba soundstage relative to the it03, andro, or 64 audio Adel offerings?

Mar 15, 2017 at 6:29 AM Post #89 of 686
PLB is very good looking, but that cable... replaced it immediately. I love the supplied transparent tips!
sound is great, detailed and precise, stage is deeeeep. more in a few weeks.

Mar 15, 2017 at 6:59 AM Post #90 of 686
Yes, its their standard stock cable.

I will give it a few more tries then experiment with other two pin cables I have:
Null Audio
Double Helix Cables
ALO Audio
Etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back